What's Up With This?

sandi

Today I received a notice that someone had sent me a PM. When I followed the link, here's what it said:

We have a thermal insulation kit for your spa.

This is for the "do it yourself" people who want to properly insulate their thermal pane spa. This material has an effective R-value of 14 when used with an air space. This is truely "space age" insulation. It is thicker and a little stiffer than the "foil bubble foil" stuff that is common. Super fire retardant. The price is per foot by 48 inches wide. A typical spa needs 8 sheets aproximately 3 feet by 4 feet or 24 feet (quantity = "24") to do the inside walls of the cabinet; and about 12 feet for the inside bottom frames(total quantity = "48") . Our price is close to wholesale, because we buy it in huge rolls. This is the Best Material today. We do not ship this by air express, because the cost to ship is extreme. an ENERGY STAR qualified insulation. Easy to cut Double-Sided Foil. 14.5 R Value - Consistency of performance. Provides 19 DB Soundproofing. It’s foam interior handles punctures and temperature extremes better than bubble wraps. Radiant Barrier - Reflects 97% Radiant Heat. Convenient flange tabs on sides. Can be stapled, nailed, glued or sewn. Clean, Lightweight, Flexible & Very Strong. Provides Class A/Class 1 fire rated protection. Is waterproof and non-absorbent. Vapor Barrier, Unaffected by moisture. Does not mildew or promote fungus growth. Does not provide nesting for birds, rodents or insects. Is safe for workers to use as there are no fibers to breath or cause skin irritation. Has more insulation value than 6 inches of common mass insulation products

I sent a PM back that said (and I quote), "Thanks but no thanks. We added extra insulation ourselves."

The guy sent another PM that said,

OK. I try to help people by using my engineering ability. If you follow what Roger says and you have a thermal closed spa you will waste a lot of energy. You need to know how it works. The simple answer is to keep the air chamber warm by running the pump, because the heater is wasting a lot of money if you don't.

I sent a PM back that said (and I quote), "Roger who? Look, you made your pitch ... I said thanks but no thanks ... let it go, will ya?"

The guy sent me a third PM that said,

I don't know what you are talking about. You asked on the forum about insulation. We offer the best to help people save money. Maybe I will take it off our website, and let people pay outrageous bills.

I don't like your attitude. When someone tries to educate you for free. You need to thank them.

Roger posted just after you and told you completely wrong information. If you have thermally closed insulation you want to warm the room of air, because that is how it works.

Don't bother to write back, I'm blocking you. I am an engineer and I have given you information for free and your attitude sucks.

In the 9 months that I have belonged to this forum, no one has ever sent me a PM trying to get me to buy something so I'm just alerting the moderators and other readers that this happened. I'm going to have to check my previous posts b/c I sure don't recall asking Roger for advice about insulating my spa.

Sandi

:o Sandi,

wow that is scary!! I have just come back onto this site from another forum, since that one is currently full of spitfire and animosity, but after reading a few posts on this forum, seems to be on here too.

Boy, for your sake, I hope your personal information is not able to be accessed, this person sounds like a wacko and needs a restraining order.

Keep forewarning us all. Thanks.

T-N-C

Sandi, this person is in complete violation of this boards guidelines. It is unfortunately, but this person is what many consider to be a sleazy salesman, using the private message feature to attempt to sell their products to others without everyone knowing about it. PLEASE PM me with this users name and I will permanently ban him from here.

Sandi, this person is in complete violation of this boards guidelines. It is unfortunately, but this person is what many consider to be a sleazy salesman, using the private message feature to attempt to sell their products to others without everyone knowing about it. PLEASE PM me with this users name and I will permanently ban him from here.

Great Job, Doc!!

I think most everyone would like to know who it is. :huh:

Dollars to doughnuts the initials of the person are;

J the J

Dr. Spa,

Thanks for confirming for me that this type of thing is not allowed on the forum and for getting rid of this guy so he can't continue harassing folks.. I deliberately didn't use his name in my first post (not sure why I felt the need to protect him when he was so rude to me) but you are right on the initials. Guess he's done this kind of thing before?

Sandi

Not sure about the "before", but the language was a dead give away.

And Jim has so much love for me...I am saddened at this new revelation!

It has become a badge of honor to be dissliked by the most lieing and cheating person on the internet spa forums. By the way he is not an engineer, unless you count liquor consumption. Or engineering lies, or his god complex.

Just when you thought the slime couldn't get any slimier!! He's still lying about being an engineer too. Whada shmuck! Could you imagine doing ANY business with a man who's first communication is to lie to the consumer? I thought he was out of business and broke? He's obviously desperate and even with his advise being free, he's still overcharging!

:lol::lol:

It looks the names have been removed to protect the insane, but when I read quotes like this:

I don't like your attitude. When someone tries to educate you for free. You need to thank them.

Don't bother to write back, I'm blocking you. I am an engineer and I have given you information for free and your attitude sucks

We all know exactly who it is. Sandi, the person who wrote that PM is NOT an engineer. He is a convicted felon who has been kicked of many of the websites because of abuse. He's actually been placed on admin warning here. As you can gleen from you breif interaction with him, he's not all there and has a few "issues". He's the laughing stock of the industry.

Bub bye Jimmy!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, the product he is trying to resell is called "Prodex Insulation".

You too can buy if from the internet for about .30/ft2

Jimmy sells it on his rebranding site for .82/ft2. :blink:

He's consistant anyway... He does the same thing with his Phoenix spas... buys them, adds some tinfoil for insulation and sells them as a rebranded no-name spa at a premium price.

He's consistant anyway... He does the same thing with his Phoenix spas... buys them, adds some tinfoil for insulation and sells them as a rebranded no-name spa at a premium price.

Jim excels in one thing............stirring up a spa forum!!

Maybe I will take it off our website, and let people pay outrageous bills.

What type of person thinks like this?

It's like some creepy misdirect dysfunctional threat.

Can you imagine a clerk in the store saying that? "What? You don't want to buy this DVD player? It's the best! What if I just take if off the shelf so NO ONE can buy it then? Huh, would that make you happy?"

Or the local car wash "What? you don't want your car washed? Fine! I'll just close this shop up and NO ONE will get a clean car!"

Or a Waitress "You don't want to order the fish? Well then I am going to go into the kitchen and throw out all the fish so no one will get any!"

Honestly, what type of person responds that way when you say no " thankyou?"

Some of the worst liars are those who come in the name of God, but only to make themselves important or to make money. False teachers are the devils best friends.

james arjuna Dec 31st, 2007

• 2 months later...
Some of the worst liars are those who come in the name of God, but only to make themselves important or to make money. False teachers are the devils best friends.

james arjuna Dec 31st, 2007

I personally (unfortunately) have known this fruit cake for a long time. I foolishly thought he had changed. He is worse than ever and continues to get worse. He is absolutely, unequivocally not an engineer of any kind, not even close. If you feel like slumming you can go to his website, check out his claims and his "forum," and get a few laughs. There is a definite pattern of rants and false, pretentious, self-exaltation to show himself as being the only smart person on earth and everybody else are ignorant fools. He knows all there is to know about everything and then some. It appears to be common knowledge that he screens everyone who signs up for his forum and filters out any posts with comments that question and/or challenge his prowess and/or his outrageous claims. It takes very little to be kicked off of his forum...just a hint will do it. No matter how good you try to be on his little private forum, if James Arjuna feels at all "threatened" you go bye-bye. It will appear as if you were never there in the first place. All traces of you are purged, except where you are placed on a "blocked" list.

It is pretty obvious that he is driven by Delusions of Grandeur and just straight up Delusions. He obviously lives in a fantasy world.

He is a sad, sick case that will not seek help. It is ridiculous why his immediate family (Wife and Step Children) cannot see what is going on and do something for the poor guy. There is no way he could be hiding all of his actions from them. Are they all as foolish as he is? He must have them "Mesmerized."

He pushes the envelope, the border, of criminal activity. This is so stupid for a convicted felon to be doing. He just has not been investigated and caught yet.