Cd Vs. Uv Ozonator

Just a question...my Pacific spa dealer says that CD ozone is just for large bodies of water like swimming pools and ALWAYS uses UV ozonators...he says that the CD makes it so that the PH in the tub can't be regulated and is constantly dropping...any thoughts on that? He says that he's been in business for years and has yet to see an effective CD ozonator for a hot tub.

Thanks everyone!

Curtis

I thinks its effective with bromine and not chlorine. But I also have 1 half that thinks Ozone is the greatest and 1 half that thinks its a waste. Its highly debatable. Ive done a lot of reading on the issue as have many. Chem geek posted some interesting stuff in the chem section of the board on this topic I recommend checking it out.

Just a question...my Pacific spa dealer says that CD ozone is just for large bodies of water like swimming pools and ALWAYS uses UV ozonators...he says that the CD makes it so that the PH in the tub can't be regulated and is constantly dropping...any thoughts on that? He says that he's been in business for years and has yet to see an effective CD ozonator for a hot tub.

Thanks everyone!

Curtis

I've seen CD ozone be VERY effective and that crack about its effect on PH is laughable. I wouldn't be without a good CD ozonator personally. A lot of the UV types that are wimpy (though not that all CD types are alike either).

Thanks everyone!

Curtis

I've seen CD ozone be VERY effective and that crack about its effect on PH is laughable. I wouldn't be without a good CD ozonator personally. A lot of the UV types that are wimpy (though not that all CD types are alike either).

Both seem effective from what we have seen. personally we like the uv better because the bulbs seem to last longer than the chips. Not true to the old uv bulbs, but the new seem to be much better. I do beleive the cd is more energy effcient than the bulbs though. The biggest thing we see in how effective they are is how they are injected. The mazzi injectors are much better than just pumping it through an ozone jet.

Gecko has a new cd unit out that Clearwater spas just switched to. We will see how they work, we loved the balboa one they had before. We have the new style in our tub at home now, so the test is on!