!consumer Reports!

I contacted Consumers Union which is Consumers Reports to ask them why they didn't rate spas. One lady said their was not enough interest while another lady said they don't have the technology. I find both answers hard to believe. What their telling me is people will spend thousands on a tub and care nothing about a real nonbiased non profit rating and they have the technology to rate a car, but not a spa? Does anyone know the real story on this. :unsure:

I contacted Consumers Union which is Consumers Reports to ask them why they didn't rate spas. One lady said their was not enough interest while another lady said they don't have the technology. I find both answers hard to believe. What their telling me is people will spend thousands on a tub and care nothing about an real nonbiased non profit rating and they have the technology to rate a car, but not a spa? Does anyone know the real story on this. :unsure:

Consumer Reports has rated spas in the past. All that was necessary was to buy the report like advertising. And, some of the spas that received a good rating are considered by most of us in the industry to be so so at best. The best place is www.spasearch.com. Look at Dimension One and Hot Spring Spas. If you're looking for quality and "the best" you'll have to look not futher.

Consumer Reports has rated spas in the past. All that was necessary was to buy the report like advertising. And, some of the spas that received a good rating are considered by most of us in the industry to be so so at best. The best place is www.spasearch.com. Look at Dimension One and Hot Spring Spas. If you're looking for quality and "the best" you'll have to look not futher.

Consumer reports did not rate spas in the past. Nice OPINION!

Evidence please.

It's somewhat common knowledge, however, I'd be happy to testify as to my conversations with them about being rated by then and using their "best buy award" on my product (I did NOT initiate the conversation). All they required for the "test", was a brochure, and a big fat check.

Look no further to stay in denial. Be ignorant and stop your search right there dead in the tracks. Just because a company writes a fatter check does not mean the tub is of higher quality. D1 and HS are good tub manufacturers but HS is way overrated as they seem to advertise from the corporate level to end consumer and guess who pays for the advertising? UHHHHH YOU. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I was also looking for info on the internet about hot tubs and I found the page which points out important consumer reports and Features about Home Spas. My budget is about $4000 and I think i'll go for the emerald. Last week I went to a trade show and I like it. Among other things it has quiet motors.

Kate

D1 and HS are good tub manufacturers but HS is way overrated as they seem to advertise from the corporate level to end consumer and guess who pays for the advertising? UHHHHH YOU. :rolleyes:

HotSpring is overrated by exactly whom? That would be YOU, a COMPETITOR. If you are saying there are over 700,000 "suckers" out there who proudly own HotSpring Spas then I would counter by saying there are probably 50,000 people your company has "suckered" into buying your piss-poor, air filled, name renting excuse for a spa.

You do not get to be #1 by selling crap or engaging in fraudulent sales practices. If some of you industry people ever get that through your used car salesman mentality, you might actually gain some ground on HotSpring. Sundance, Dimension 1, and Marquis are busy making the best spas they can, marketing them through credible dealers, and making a lot of customers happy, the same as HotSpring. That's how you become successful.

There are a lot of spa companies that come and go. The one's that thrive make excellent products, provide exemplary customer service, and sell their spas based on their quality and features. The peanut gallery spend their time whining about how overrated their competition is.

Terminator

To get an award from "Consumers Digest" it cost about 35,000.00 per tub. They play off of the name to trick people into thinking its an non biased opnion. Its not. I've had conversations with my spa rep about it, as they were trying to decide if it was worth the cost, we both agreed it was not. It seems like a underhanded way to build value into a tub.