Infinity Sunpeak Need Spec Info /diagram

spamom

hello all,

i need some spec info from those who have recieved their tubs...

my husband wants to position our tub so that the electric panel is near the electrical box which he will be installing....

can someone give us a diagram of where everything is on the tub??

we would like to know where the electric comes out of. which side .. and which side size is that - the 78" side or the 84" side?...

also where is the topside controls in regard to the electical box....

and to those who put down pavers - did you do a square size....? how much bigger than the hot tub did you make the base...

we are working in the backyard and trying to get an idea of how and where exactly to put the tub... Before it gets here...

One other question...(yes i have many!)

Can you step right into this tub... or do you recommend stairs...

Also... the sunpeak must be selling like "hotcakes" as they just extended the "sale" date for an extra week....

thanks!

lets go tubing!!!!

hello all,

i need some spec info from those who have recieved their tubs...

my husband wants to position our tub so that the electric panel is near the electrical box which he will be installing....

can someone give us a diagram of where everything is on the tub??

we would like to know where the electric comes out of. which side .. and which side size is that - the 78" side or the 84" side?...

also where is the topside controls in regard to the electical box....

and to those who put down pavers - did you do a square size....? how much bigger than the hot tub did you make the base...

we are working in the backyard and trying to get an idea of how and where exactly to put the tub... Before it gets here...

One other question...(yes i have many!)

Can you step right into this tub... or do you recommend stairs...

Also... the sunpeak must be selling like "hotcakes" as they just extended the "sale" date for an extra week....

thanks!

lets go tubing!!!!

Spamom,

Here are 2 websites to give you info. on the controls for the spa. The second one may include a diagram - not sure. The panel that needs to be removed to hook up the electric is the panel on the side with the lounge, which is one of the the 84 inch sides. The topside controls are right next to the lounger on that same side.

http://www.h2oco.com/h2o_online/reference/...suv_m7_card.htm

http://www.spapartssupply.com/pdf/balboa/B...60hz_eng_m7.pdf

You will definitely need steps - I'm 6 foot tall and my husband is 6'2" - and we would have a hard time getting in and out without a step (we just have 1 and built it out of composite decking). The step was built wide enough that it also hides the drain that sticks out on one side.

Sandi

thank you very much Sandi!!

we wanted to get an idea of how we wanted to plan our base, and make sure the electic panel is on the side of the electric (duh).....

as far as the steps... are they on the other side of the electric panel??

You said " The step was built wide enough that it also hides the drain that sticks out on one side."

I just got my notification that my tub was shipped... but no tracking info yet.. so i guess they are on the way out of TN??

How long did it take you to get yours... and also... did you also make a "side deal" with the driver or did the delivery company tell you how much it was to deliver this...

thank you for all your help

we wanted to get an idea of how we wanted to plan our base, and make sure the electic panel is on the side of the electric (duh).....

You said " The step was built wide enough that it also hides the drain that sticks out on one side."

I just got my notification that my tub was shipped... but no tracking info yet.. so i guess they are on the way out of TN??

How long did it take you to get yours... and also... did you also make a "side deal" with the driver or did the delivery company tell you how much it was to deliver this...

Spamom,

For the sake of this explanation, I'm calling the 84 inch side with the lounger the "front" of the spa. The front faces into the back yard. We had to build a low - 6 inch - retaining wall along the "back" and the left side wall of the spa. The spa sits flat on the ground on patio blocks at the end of the stone driveway that runs under our house (we live at the beach so the house sits up on pilings) and the retaining wall is to hold the driveway stones. We then put down composite decking over the stones on the back side so that when we take the cover off, it sits on the decking (we haven't sprung for a cover lifter yet). The decking also leads to our outdoor shower so we can shower before getting in the spa when it's not freezing outside and we don't have to walk barefoot on stones) Then there is decking on the right side which is only about 8 feet from the ground floor door. The step is on that side. We built the step almost as long as that side of the tub which has the drain - it's only about 6 inches high. The breaker box is on the left side as you look at the tub and the front panel of the cabinet is what the electrician needed access to. He dug a trench from the breaker box to the area inside the cabinet where he had to connect the electrical - it was just a short distance. I hope you can visualize this and that it helps with your planning - I don't know construction or electrical lingo!

It seems to me that it was only about a week from when we got the phone call that it was shipped from TN until it was sitting in our yard. We just made a deal with the driver to move the tub from the street to our back yard when the truck arrived - cost us $75 cash.

When I tried to follow the 2 links that I posted, they went nowhere. Yet, they are the website addresses that I went to to print out info about the controls for the spa. Hope you can get them to work somehow.

Good luck with your tub - I remember how excited we were when we heard that ours was on the way!

Sandi

I believe on those spas you could potentialy run the wire in on any side and just run flex or UF inside the cabinet to the control box and the hook up.

Spamom,

For the sake of this explanation, I'm calling the 84 inch side with the lounger the "front" of the spa. The front faces into the back yard. We had to build a low - 6 inch - retaining wall along the "back" and the left side wall of the spa. The spa sits flat on the ground on patio blocks at the end of the stone driveway that runs under our house (we live at the beach so the house sits up on pilings) and the retaining wall is to hold the driveway stones. We then put down composite decking over the stones on the back side so that when we take the cover off, it sits on the decking (we haven't sprung for a cover lifter yet). The decking also leads to our outdoor shower so we can shower before getting in the spa when it's not freezing outside and we don't have to walk barefoot on stones) Then there is decking on the right side which is only about 8 feet from the ground floor door. The step is on that side. We built the step almost as long as that side of the tub which has the drain - it's only about 6 inches high. The breaker box is on the left side as you look at the tub and the front panel of the cabinet is what the electrician needed access to. He dug a trench from the breaker box to the area inside the cabinet where he had to connect the electrical - it was just a short distance. I hope you can visualize this and that it helps with your planning - I don't know construction or electrical lingo!

It seems to me that it was only about a week from when we got the phone call that it was shipped from TN until it was sitting in our yard. We just made a deal with the driver to move the tub from the street to our back yard when the truck arrived - cost us $75 cash.

When I tried to follow the 2 links that I posted, they went nowhere. Yet, they are the website addresses that I went to to print out info about the controls for the spa. Hope you can get them to work somehow.

Good luck with your tub - I remember how excited we were when we heard that ours was on the way!

Sandi

Our Sun Peak is also being delivered to Vermont on Thursday evening. I was told we are the 10th stop out of 15 being made. The truck driver I spoke with on the phone was Joe. If you have had yours delivered yet, can you let me know, if the driver moved it to where you wanted the tub, and if so, how much you paid him?

Thanks

If you have had yours delivered yet, can you let me know, if the driver moved it to where you wanted the tub, and if so, how much you paid him?

I paid the driver $100 to move my Infinity tub from the street to my patio at the rear of my house. There was some negotiation involved. If I recall correctly, the driver first offered to place my tub for a "couple hundred".

I think we both made out. I got a tub delivered pretty cheaply and didn't risk damaging it by moving it myself. The driver and his helper got the tub moved in no more than 15 minutes and pocketed $100 for their efforts.

Ken