Help With My Pacific Spa Purchase...

Hi Everyone,

I have been shopping and researching for what seems like forever and have narrowed my search down to Pacific Spas. Ideally we want the Endeavor, but the Calypso and Oceana are also in our sights. We wanted a larger tub and tried out the Maxxus and D1 Amore bay, but they don't quite fit where we are putting it. The only issue that I'm having is with the dealer. I'm thinking that his prices are a little out of line compared to what I see others paying for on this site. I live right near Edmonton, AB, Canada.

What we like about the Endeavor is that it comes with most all the features that we want...can someone give me there opinion on the 'extras' that are available and tell me if they are worth the extra money?

Quiet Energy Circulation Pump

In-home monitoring system

Ultimate Spoked Jets

System 3 - I've heard mixed reviews of this. Can it be added later? This dealer also says to totally stay away from CD Ozonators and go with UV as he says the CD units are for large swimming pools and can cause a lot of grief with the water chemistry.

Thanks for your input...we are dying to get out tub!!!

Curtis B)

Quiet Energy Circulation Pump

In-home monitoring system

Ultimate Spoked Jets

System 3 - I've heard mixed reviews of this. Can it be added later? This dealer also says to totally stay away from CD Ozonators and go with UV as he says the CD units are for large swimming pools and can cause a lot of grief with the water chemistry.

Thanks for your input...we are dying to get out tub!!!

Curtis B)

I don't hear much about Pacific so my opinions are about spas in general:

1) I think you'll be happy with the circ pump option. They are much quieter for one thing.

2) How much for an in-home monitoring system. Its the kind of thing that is nice to have but I might have trouble justifying its cost. How much?

3) I guess those are their upgraded jets. Wet test both and decide if the extra cost is justified.

4) System 3? No idea what that is. Sounds like a top secret NASA program.

4) I'm definitely the opposite on the ozone. I'd stick with a CD unit over a UV type.

How much do they want for it?

If you get it, the UV and ozone deals will both be needing bulbs or chips about every two years. Check on the replacement costs for those.

I'd be willing to bet 70% of the ozone equipped tubs in the country aren't making ozone any more. Either the owners just plain forgot or they didn't want to shell out $150 for a new bulb. Chips are cheaper, I think.

Just for comparison's sake, $120 will cover the chlorine for those same two years, and do the same thing, for the small effort of going out and adding a tablespoon a day. And heck, you were going out there anyway. ;)

Now you have something to go by. It's a nice option, but not an absolute must have.

Well, that's an easy $1000 to have him knock off if you really want that tub. And you can always add it later if you feel you just must have it.

Honestly though, I really doubt you'd miss it. I've never even bothered to replace the ozone bulb in my tub. Chlorine is cheap.

I did fix the circ pump though. That's worth having.

But it's your call. I understand how it can rankle not to get all the bells & whistles when you're blowing that kind of dough.

Well, I did some calling around and found a huge discrepancy in price between a dealer in Calgary and the dealer in Edmonton.

Calgary

2008 Endeavor with 24hr Circ Pump - $14298

Edmonton

2008 Endeavor with 24hr Circ Pump - $17092

I've got a few calls in out of Province too...just to see the difference. We'll wait and see. :huh:

Curtis

Just spent 10 minutes 2 plunking out a reply and the system crapped out and lost it when I tried to post. We think the Genesis system in the system 3 is great . 5 weeks and still crystal clear water with little or no management. 4 shocks in 5 weeks and stable bromine at 3 to 5 ppm with a fairly high bather load.

Base prices in BC are $6700 for 84", $7400 for 90" and more for the 93" endeavour. Must haves are the massage seat therapy upgrade, the power dome the circ pump and cedarlite skirt. The sports package is also great.

There is more info in this forum from my previous posts which you can look for with the search function. Any other info PM me as I am getting tired of the system crapping out when I post.

Last thing is to wet test many tubs before you make your final decision as fit is VERY important.

Good luck

Well, I did some calling around and found a huge discrepancy in price between a dealer in Calgary and the dealer in Edmonton.

Calgary

2008 Endeavor with 24hr Circ Pump - $14298

Edmonton

2008 Endeavor with 24hr Circ Pump - $17092

I've got a few calls in out of Province too...just to see the difference. We'll wait and see. :huh:

Curtis

IMO, $14,000 - $17,000 is WAY TOO MUCH for a mid-level spa. You can have your pick of any of the top brands for that amount or probably a whole lot less. Maybe you can find a dealer who isn't trying to rip you a new one, if you are stuck on Pacific.