Infinity Sun Peak Hot Tubs Arrive Yet?

Biz

At last look, water temp was 65. I think it began at about 48 around 9:00PM.

The only thing I havent figured out yet is the pumps. There are 2 pumps with controls. I am able to shut off pump # 2, put pump # 1 doesnt seem to shut off. I can get it down to a low speed only.

Pump 1 will stay on low speed until the water has hit its set temperature. I posted additional information in another thread.

With the cover on, your tub should heat up at around 7 degrees an hour.

Good luck,

Ken

Spa arrived at 3:00 PM today & placed on cement pad in backyard ---- total run of 100ft....2 spa delivery guys had it in place in 20 minutes.....straight run to backyard......cost $100.00 ----well worth...these guys have it down toa science.....right equipment too.....

I took pics of spa outside & inside......The only foam insulation on these Infinity Sun Peaks Spas are in the 4 top corners & at the bottom in the middle of the tub.... for support purposes only....other than that there is no high density foam insulation on these tubs......

If you are looking for full foam insulated tubs or a tub with more insulation, than these are not the tub for you.....

As I live in Southen Ca ( San Diego ) I am not that concerned about the insulation factor at this point...I will see what the electricity usage is over the next couple of months & make a determination later whether to self insulate.......

As all 4 panels come off rather easily, self-insulating would be easy.....

I have taken some pics outside & inside & will post in my next reply....

Jeff

Hello Biz

thanks for they reply.. glad it all went well.

Q: Did the driver come up with the price... or is that what you offered?

Q: Did you discuss the price before or after he took the tub off the truck...

Also... WHY did you need your pickup?? and 4x4's??? Where in your yard were you putting this tub??

as you said you needed 6 guys??

Well, glad you are getting it ready.... enjoy your soak.... and keep posting..

Now we all need to learn about the chemicals... are you usuing bromide or chlorine...

I have read alot about problems with itch.. and skin problems, so i am not concerned...

ALso.. did they give you a choice in delivery times... as we work as well, and would you suggest us taking off for the day of delivery.... would you advice that.. or is evening, like you did it just as good.

I see someone answered your post...

Once we get that - my husband and electician/mechanic will be able to help.....Once he learns the system.....

can;t wait!!!!!!!

to join the costco/infinity family!!!

Upon examination of the internal guts, I noticed that my heater was a 4.0 kw heater....Costco advertised the Sun Peak spa with a 5.5kw heater....

I will found out what is going on thru Infinity's Technical support or customer service number at 1-877-897-7493

I will let you know the outcome....My spa was shipped from:

Infinty Spas

2901 W. Kingsley

Garland, Texas 75041

1-800-408-9000

Infinity Spas - Texas Division ----this is a aquired company of Keys Backyard, I believe

Other units are coming out of there Johnson City, TN location

Please check your heater & let them know ---they should correct this or Costco was falsely advertising the power of the heater.

I am not pissed, I just want a resolution with Infinity or Costco

Hopefully, the resolution is that they send out a more powerful heater as advertised - a 5.5kw heater

Upon examination of the internal guts, I noticed that my heater was a 4.0 kw heater....Costco advertised the Sun Peak spa with a 5.5kw heater....

I will found out what is going on thru Infinity's Technical support or customer service number at 1-877-897-7493

I will let you know the outcome....My spa was shipped from:

Infinty Spas

2901 W. Kingsley

Garland, Texas 75041

1-800-408-9000

Infinity Spas - Texas Division ----this is a aquired company of Keys Backyard, I believe

Other units are coming out of there Johnson City, TN location

Please check your heater & let them know ---they should correct this or Costco was falsely advertising the power of the heater.

I am not pissed, I just want a resolution with Infinity or Costco

Hopefully, the resolution is that they send out a more powerful heater as advertised - a 5.5kw heater

My understanding is they are manufactured in TX and then shipped to a terminal in TN. They are then shipped out to distributors from TN. That's what I was told at least.

Most likely the smaller heater is due to some other changes they made. They typically look for a maximum amperage for the spa to run at. If they increase the power of the pumps, which would draw more amperage, they have to make up for it somewhere. That missing 1.5kW of heater will draw an additional 6.5 amps, requiring you to upsize your electrical supply to the spa by over 8 amps.

Also, somewhere they probably have a disclaimer saying specifications may slightly change without notice. Regardless, you're only looking at about a 1 or 1.5 degree per hour difference in heating speed.

Hello Biz

thanks for they reply.. glad it all went well.

Q: Did the driver come up with the price... or is that what you offered?

The driver offered to help. He had some sort of machine on his truck, that he could use to move it from the truck to our deck which was about 80 feet. He told me the price would be $150.00 to do that. He then noticed we had a pickup and told me that we could use the pickup instead. Since he didnt have to use his machine, he told me that he would help move it onto our pickup truck and then onto our deck for a tip. Did not really specify how much of a tip, I just offered $80.00 which seemed reasonable.

Q: Did you discuss the price before or after he took the tub off the truck...

We discussed it prior to removing it from the truck.

Also... WHY did you need your pickup?? and 4x4's??? Where in your yard were you putting this tub??

as you said you needed 6 guys??

The tub weighs some 650 pounds and his truck was about 80 feet from our deck. so that we didnt have to break our backs, putting it on the back of the pickup truck was simply easier. The hardest part of it was backing up the truck to our deck. The clutch on the truck is very tricky and it was hard to see backing up with the hot tub in the back. The hot tub was placed on top of the 4 x 4's which we placed on the deck. This made it very easy to turn the hot tub in the direction we wanted once it was on top of the deck. The tub wnt on our deck which we just built. It is about 3 feet off the ground.

Well, glad you are getting it ready.... enjoy your soak.... and keep posting..

Now we all need to learn about the chemicals... are you usuing bromide or chlorine...

I have read alot about problems with itch.. and skin problems, so i am not concerned...

Our local spa company recommended using Chlorine.

ALso.. did they give you a choice in delivery times... as we work as well, and would you suggest us taking off for the day of delivery.... would you advice that.. or is evening, like you did it just as good.

When they called, they told us when it was going to be delivered. The time given to us was between 7:00PM and 8:00pm which worked great for us. Not sure if we could have changed the time, if we had asked.

I see someone answered your post...

Once we get that - my husband and electician/mechanic will be able to help.....Once he learns the system.....

can;t wait!!!!!!!

to join the costco/infinity family!!!

Did you check the other components to ensure you got what was advertised?

I'm interested in what the final resolution will be.

Good luck,

Ken

It finally arrived! They didn't have to move it 8 foot after all! They backed the trailer right up to our pad (parking diagnally) and slid it off w/ my husband helping. We still had to pay $100 even w/ my husband saying...gee that's kinda high, considering I'm helping and it's coming right off the truck onto the pad. They wouldn't budge at all. I wouldn't expect them to do it for free...however, thought $50 would've been more appropriate.

There was no manual so I contacted infinity and they're sending us one.

The jets are suppossed to be stainless, however they look like they're plastic. Can anyone confirm if they are really stainless or plastic?

It arrived uncovered, few inches of water, & ALOT of dirt. I think it's crappy for them to drive with my tub uncovered in the sunlight (one and a half hours away from their distribution center)...considering isn't it true that damage can occur when the tub is empty and in sunlight?

I would complain to the spa delivery company about the guys that delivered your spa & tell them the situation......

Sounds like potential refund here maybe.....at least tell Costco about it.....

Sounds like it was an easier drop than placing it in the street......

With mine....they slid it off the trailer in the street, onto a cart, wheeled it a 100 ft or so & place onto a concrete pad......my cost $ 100.00...well worth as I & other friends would have screwed it up....

In your case, it sounds like a simple drop.....I dont think they should have charged you at all...

That's just my opinion...

Good luck

I call Costco to log a report or complaint as the what the product details say on their website vs what Infinity is shipping with regards to their Sun Peak spa....

3 things noted....

1. high density foam insulation - non existent except for 4 top corners & bottom of tub - for support purposes only I guess

2. Master massage jet: 1 ( stainless ) - my spa has a jet similar to the other 45 jets - the master massage jet I believe has about 10 or so different holes in the jet & is a very powerful jet

3. 5.5 kw heater - my spa contains a 4.0kw heater....

I received a call back today from Dave ( responsible buyer of these spas for Costco ). I was impressed with their professionalism as to troubleshooting of this potential problem.... He indicated that he has placed a call to the President of Infinity Spas to discuss the product details with what is advertised on their website.... The president is currently in Canada & will be back on Monday to discuss with Costco....

Dave indicated he would get back to me with regards to their conversation when they have it...

Very impressed with Costco's response time on this.....They will stand behind their products...

Headrests, filter & manuals are located inside spa....remove front panel underneath control console, & they are taped on the left side ( 8 screws to remove panel )