Limelight Spas Website Is Up

Chas

If any of you are looking at the new 'Limelight' hot tubs from the makers of HotSpring Portable Spas, there is a new website. The info is limited at this time, but I thought I would post it since there had been some interest shown here in the new tubs. I offer this as a news item only.

"Limelight Hot Tubs"

B)

If any of you are looking at the new 'Limelight' hot tubs from the makers of HotSpring Portable Spas, there is a new website. The info is limited at this time, but I thought I would post it since there had been some interest shown here in the new tubs. I offer this as a news item only.

"Limelight Hot Tubs"

B)

Everytime there is a recession, hot tub companies come out with "new models" that are lower in quality, but high in price. It is the corporate way to try and stay in business, but it leaves a wake of dissatisfied customers as these products fail to perform well.

I went over and looked in detail at all the specifications and it doesn't even come close to the least expensive spas we offer in therapy or quality. It is a typical "desparation spa" from a large Corporation to have something cheap to sell in times of recession.

The hot tub industry is in a time of recession, because they are considered to be "luxury items."

Every time there is a recession, hot tub companies come out with "new models" that are lower in quality, but high in price. It is the corporate way to try and stay in business...

Interesting premise. I haven't been in the industry during a prior recession. I would think that expanding your product line to include new models that are lower in price makes sense as it offers people an affordable alternative. When times improve, people will trade up.

...it leaves a wake of dissatisfied customers as these products fail to perform well.

Might be a bit premature to say as far as the topic spas are concerned. Is there any historical evidence for this conclusion?

Every time there is a recession, hot tub companies come out with "new models" that are lower in quality, but high in price. It is the corporate way to try and stay in business...

Interesting premise. I haven't been in the industry during a prior recession. I would think that expanding your product line to include new models that are lower in price makes sense as it offers people an affordable alternative. When times improve, people will trade up.

...it leaves a wake of dissatisfied customers as these products fail to perform well.

Might be a bit premature to say as far as the topic spas are concerned. Is there any historical evidence for this conclusion?

Early Tiger River, for example. They were a low end product when they came out and had a lot of problems. The 700 series of Sundance with shells that fell apart and weak pumps and jets. The Echo Series of Jacuzzi. The Calderas that showed up at Costco back in 96. The D1 home spas that were junky. The Marquis copies of Hot Spring.

Shall I go on? When Hot Spring started removing the Stay rite pumps, so did Sundance.

So much of the quality of the past is gone, because of a reduced market and people actually believing that selling poor quality is the way to save their company.

It is a bad business policy, because it causes consumers problems when they try to buy what they can afford and it breaks down. I guess it is the "American Way" of business.

Back in 1991 there was a huge recession in CA and less across the country.

The smart thing to do is to remove features and keep the quality high. If you reduce the size of the pumps HP, don't reduce the size of the quality. Use less expensive controls that have the same components running the pumps.

I have been looking at Chinese Spas. Guess what, guys? They are coming on very strong. I have been getting detailed photos from the factories over there. Their problem right now is that they are putting too much on them. Most all the models have pop up TV, and sound with lights and you can call you spa from your cell phone (the Chinese make most of the computer parts, so...). Still about half the cost of a US built spa with a crap, ABS/acrylic, shell. These spas have acrylic with fiberglass and friggin stainless steel frames. All this hot tub "stuff" is about to undergo a huge transformation. Unless this "free trade" agreement is changed soon, we will all be shipping parts and Spas from China, because they are smart and are agressive in manufacturing.

When it comes to spas, if you are ignorant about hot tubs and spas, then you will get taken. The odds are against you if you are lazy and don't do the research. Even the Chinese have better products than this Hot Spring stamped out plastic stuffed with foam and lots of worhtless tiny bullet jets. Are people that stupid? Yes! People in this country fall for the corporate BS every day, like it is some sort of security blanket, while they rip you off with deception. Give yourself a break and go read about spas on the net. Read all that you can find, and then go shopping with some knowledge.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

Those are nice looking but, you say they are low quality- is that fact?

I doubt it.

Offering more selection and creating a secondary brand name is just smart business.

I would have to disagree with the statement of making a cheaper/lower quality item in a recession. What we have seen here over the past few months is that the customers looking for the lower priced tubs just can't afford one at all. They do not have the disposible income. We are selling more of our higher end high quality tubs to customers that have"disposible" income. They are set fincially and tend to get the better deals during the sluggish market. The higher priced homes ($800,000 and up) are also selling more out here rather than the typical family home.

This year will be interesting to what it will bring us all!

We have sold several Limelight hot tubs. Price does not seem to be the issue. They are being bought because people like the features. They don't want some of the Hot Spring features and they like getting more powerful jets, lights and waterfall for a little less money. There is no quality difference between Hot Spring and Limelight; there are feature differences.

Just a note - the next Limelight is shipping. All three models are now available.

Here is the 'Glow,' the smallest Limelight tub.

Glow.jpg

B)

I doubt it.

Offering more selection and creating a secondary brand name is just smart business.

I would have to disagree with the statement of making a cheaper/lower quality item in a recession. What we have seen here over the past few months is that the customers looking for the lower priced tubs just can't afford one at all. They do not have the disposible income. We are selling more of our higher end high quality tubs to customers that have"disposible" income. They are set fincially and tend to get the better deals during the sluggish market. The higher priced homes ($800,000 and up) are also selling more out here rather than the typical family home.

What do you consider to be "high end" in spas?

Our Haven Spas are true "high end" made to last and have better features.

The Super Custom Spas we make are sold to people who really just want the best and no BS.

I believe that Hot Spring dealers are stuck and they don't have any choice for economic reasons. The spas just keep getting lower and lower quality, but not just Hot Spring. Hot Spring seems to be the "leader at lowering quality" and others just copy to compete. It is really sad to see this in this country.

Just a note - the next Limelight is shipping. All three models are now available.

Glow.jpg

B)

Looks like four real jets, two bullet jets and several super tiny jets to me. That isn't quality.

It also looks like every post on here is by a Hot Spring sales person desparte for sales.

Glow.jpg

B)

Chas, That Glow looks like a nice little tub. Where did you get the photo? I googled it trying to find more info or specs, but no luck. Thanks, Ran.

Chas, That Glow looks like a nice little tub. Where did you get the photo? I googled it trying to find more info or specs, but no luck. Thanks, Ran.

I got that picture from an email which I received directly from the Mothership just yesterday. I have not even had enough time to put it on my web site. They will put more info about all the spas on the Limelight web site as soon as they can. I don't know when exactly, but stay tuned. We are ordering our third one today, and I am on my way to the plant today to pick up some spas we ordered Monday.

B)

Glow.jpg

B)

6’4” x 7’0” x 33”H, the Glow seats 4, with 30 jets powered by two 2.0 HP Wavemaster® jet pumps.

That's a lot of pumps for a small spa. B)

So what is so bad about these Limelight spas?

My wife is seriously considering going with Hot Spring, but if we can get a Limelight for a few grand cheaper we may go that route. We were considering the Soverign and Envoy with Hot Springs but this "Pulse" by Limelight doesn't look too bad.

What are the feature differences? The warranty doesn't look that bad on the Limelight, very similar to Hot Springs with the no-fault heater warranty.

My wife is seriously considering going with Hot Spring, but if we can get a Limelight for a few grand cheaper we may go that route. We were considering the Soverign and Envoy with Hot Springs but this "Pulse" by Limelight doesn't look too bad.

What are the feature differences? The warranty doesn't look that bad on the Limelight, very similar to Hot Springs with the no-fault heater warranty.

Does your dealer carry any Limelights?

The major differences:

Hot Spring

Superior insulation

Superior filtration

Wider variety of jets

Limelight

More powerful jets

Awesome lighting

Shorter Warranty

Significant savings

I doubt it.

What do you consider to be "high end" in spas?

My Clearwater Resort level tubs and the Beachcraft signature tubs are selling, not the Beachcraft standard or Rhythem series, and not my Leisure Bay tubs. Last year I was selling more Leisure Bay tubs, lower price and lower quality than the Clearwater. In the Saunas we are doing more Helo and less of the chinese infared imports, last year was the chinese infareds. Interesting considering the market right now. People that are more finacially set are more comfortable spending money for top quality high end products. People who are not as finacially set are not comfortable spending on non-esstials, these people were also that large chunk of the buyers of the more "price friendly" tubs, so we are seeing that we are moving different product this year. I have been reading in newsletters we get that this same thing is happening in other areas too. As I said, this year will be interesting.

Does your dealer carry any Limelights?

The major differences:

Hot Spring

Superior insulation

Superior filtration

Wider variety of jets

Limelight

More powerful jets

Awesome lighting

Shorter Warranty

Significant savings

I will have to ask him but the limelight website says the dealer in my area is the same place that sells the Hot Springs.

How much of a difference in price do you think there would be between the Envoy and say the Pulse?

I got that picture from an email which I received directly from the Mothership just yesterday. I have not even had enough time to put it on my web site. They will put more info about all the spas on the Limelight web site as soon as they can. I don't know when exactly, but stay tuned. We are ordering our third one today, and I am on my way to the plant today to pick up some spas we ordered Monday.

B)

Chas, May I ask what kind of price are your Limelights going for? My H/S dealer, (who does not have a lot of info on these yet, but seemed excited about them!) said they were $5900, $6900, and $7900 for the Glow, Flair and Pulse respectfully, which I am sure are MSRP. But heck, that $7900 is more than he quoted me on the Vanguard that I am seriously considering, and I would take a H/S Vanguard anyday over a Limelight! Your thoughts on comparing the 2 and the pricing? (since you have actually seen them in person). Thanks Ran

In the market for our first Spa and have looked at Vita, Master, Downeast, Sundance, Hot Springs, Bullfrog and Limelight. LOVED the look of the Limlight Pulse. Light package, finish, etc. was truly outstanding looking. When I research the heater, pumps, etc those all look as good (or better) than the Hot Springs (Wavemaster 9000 and 9200 versus smaller 8000 in the Envoy for example). I am however not getting the kind of price savings suggested here. The Pulse is running $8295 locally, not a huge savings. I also want to add the icast type wireless soundsystem. The local dealer is pretty knowledeable on Hot Springs and Bull Frog but not as much on Limelight as they just got them in. The Limelight music system is hard to find information on - Appears to be the wireless Icast but no indication as to if it adds the transducers to the optional popups. So my post here is two-fold. First off, am I WAY overpaying for the Pulse if I buy it and what is the sound system (wireless) available for this line? They also want $1500 for the wireless soundsytem option = $9795 for a pulse with this option. Having wirless music feed from an indoor ipod and or other source has great appeal to us as does the light system that was offered by the Limelight. Would love to hear other pricing that people are seeing and more info on exactly which sound system comes with this unit. Pricing includes all items of course (skirt,stairs, setup, materials and even throwing in a side table with towel racks).

Sorry if I or other HS dealers made it sound as if the Limelight was a low-priced tub, or if it was a second sister to the HS line. It is not. Yes, it costs less to set up the largest Limelight spa with sound compared to a Grandee or Vista, and yes, some folks who sell against it might try to make it out to be a low-end product, but as you have posted yourself - it has the goods.

The stereo is the same as the one on the Hot Spot tubs - I have one on my La Palma on display, and it sounds very very good. It has four speakers up on the bar top. They are fixed in place - they do not pop up or have moving parts in that regard, but they do not stick up and interfere with the cover. They really sound good - I am looking into putting some in my boat!

You could also put the 'Moonlight' system just about any Watkins spa. It has two flip-up speakers which can be mounted in a variety of locations, so that you can use them with the lid of the spa open or closed.

By all means get the Icast - it is the way to go. No deck, and you can run an Ipod or other sound source of your choice.

B)

• 4 weeks later...

I have all three on my showroom floor.

Have had for a few weeks.

B)

I have all three on my showroom floor.

Have had for a few weeks.

B)

Where are you located?

Nevermind.... I see you're in Ventura. I might have to come take a look.

I sat in the flair today and it actually seemed to fit me relatively nice- its just a hair to big at 7x7. I'm 6'7" and I am having trouble finding a spa I can fit in and also fit in the space I need it to fit in (on a deck). The Glow looks like it might work although I see that it is only 33" deep as opposed to the Flair which is 36". Since you have these in your store would you be able to tell me if the seating in the Glow might fit me even though it is only 33" deep. If all else fails I'm going to have to go with the Sorrento.... I fit and the size is right.

Thanks so much!