! Just Bought 2007 Hot Springs Vanguard V V Spa !

hotwings

Just took delivery of a new Hot Springs Vanguard V V Spa. It came down to Sundance Camero, Hot Springs Envoy and Hot Springs Vanguard. After water testing the Envoy, had a hard time staying put in the Envoy Lounge, but loved the Moto Jets. The Vanguard has a Double and single Moto seat so we went with that model. Given the fact that we were able to pick it up for $6.5k with deluxe cover and lifter, baquaspa chemicals, vacuum and steps along with free delivery pretty much sealed the deal. Electrician will be here in a couple of days. Can't wait as my back is killing me from layng the padio bricks for the foundation! Hopefully I won"t screw up the water chemisrty. Baquaspa seems as easy as 1-2-3!

Cheers Spa Owners!!

Just took delivery of a new Hot Springs Vanguard V V Spa. It came down to Sundance Camero, Hot Springs Envoy and Hot Springs Vanguard. After water testing the Envoy, had a hard time staying put in the Envoy Lounge, but loved the Moto Jets. The Vanguard has a Double and single Moto seat so we went with that model. Given the fact that we were able to pick it up for $6.5k with deluxe cover and lifter, baquaspa chemicals, vacuum and steps along with free delivery pretty much sealed the deal. Electrician will be here in a couple of days. Can't wait as my back is killing me from layng the padio bricks for the foundation! Hopefully I won"t screw up the water chemisrty. Baquaspa seems as easy as 1-2-3!

Cheers Spa Owners!!

HotWings, We too are in the process of purchasing our first spa, and after wet testing many models, like you, found the Vanguard, with the dual massage seats our favorite. Another thing that sold us on the Vanguard, (and it was the only model we found like this, including the other HS models) was the fact you could totally run the 2 main seats, (the corner ones with the moto-massages) on just pump #1 with out needing pump #2 at all. Since most of the time it will be just me and my wife using it this would seem to be more efficient than having to run both pumps all the time. We found that on almost all other spas we tested, that you had to use the diverter valve too often to split the power between the seats you wanted, or often one seat would be void of wanted jets if another seat was turned on. Even on the HS Envoy, I noticed I lost the moto massage portion of the lounger when another seat's jets were turned on!

We have priced the Vanguard at many dealers, (in 3 states we even shopped as we traveled!), and got prices, (including all the usual add ons you got, but plus tax) and received quotes from $7600 to 10k, so the 6500 price you quoted is excellent. Where are you located and what dealer did you use? I noticed you mentioned your spa was a Vanguard "V" (or is that Roman numeral 5?). Is the "V" model something different that the standard Vanguard, possibly less costly?

It will be a month or 2 before I am ready to buy, so keep us posted on your progress and what you think of your spa after you start to use it, and Enjoy! :D Thanks R5ran

Cheers Spa Owners!!

HotWings, We too are in the process of purchasing our first spa, and after wet testing many models, like you, found the Vanguard, with the dual massage seats our favorite. Another thing that sold us on the Vanguard, (and it was the only model we found like this, including the other HS models) was the fact you could totally run the 2 main seats, (the corner ones with the moto-massages) on just pump #1 with out needing pump #2 at all. Since most of the time it will be just me and my wife using it this would seem to be more efficient than having to run both pumps all the time. We found that on almost all other spas we tested, that you had to use the diverter valve too often to split the power between the seats you wanted, or often one seat would be void of wanted jets if another seat was turned on. Even on the HS Envoy, I noticed I lost the moto massage portion of the lounger when another seat's jets were turned on!

We have priced the Vanguard at many dealers, (in 3 states we even shopped as we traveled!), and got prices, (including all the usual add ons you got, but plus tax) and received quotes from $7600 to 10k, so the 6500 price you quoted is excellent. Where are you located and what dealer did you use? I noticed you mentioned your spa was a Vanguard "V" (or is that Roman numeral 5?). Is the "V" model something different that the standard Vanguard, possibly less costly?

It will be a month or 2 before I am ready to buy, so keep us posted on your progress and what you think of your spa after you start to use it, and Enjoy! :D Thanks R5ran

OK< downloaded the HS owners manual, and saw there, that the Vanguard is designated as model VV. ;) Ooops, sorry, so you did get a great price! Enjoy and keep us posted! R5ran.

Bought the tub in Central Jersey....They have a 2007 Grandee tha tthey wanted to sell for about $7600. That wasn't a bad deal either...

hotwings

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Spa Owners!!

OK< downloaded the HS owners manual, and saw there, that the Vanguard is designated as model VV. ;) Ooops, sorry, so you did get a great price! Enjoy and keep us posted! R5ran.

Bought the tub in Central Jersey....They have a 2007 Grandee tha tthey wanted to sell for about $7600. That wasn't a bad deal either...

hotwings

Hotwings, Just curious, now that you have had your Vanguard a while, what do you think? Still love it? We're ordering this week...any last minute thoughts or suggestions? BTW, what cover lifter did you get with it? Originally deal included a H/S Glider, but I didnt like the way it held it up so high when open (block the views), so I was looking at a Covermate 2 for about the same price. Thanks for any help....Hope you are enjoying it. Ran

enjoy your tub!!

i have some questions for you on your patio -

what kind of brick ( and size ) did you use for your patio?

did you just lay it under the tub or does it show from under the tub on the sides...?

what size tub and what size patio?

did you put sand under the brick??

we are looking to also do some sort of patio.... any info would be appreciated

thanks