Sundance Vs. Hotspring Vs. Island Spa

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's discussion here and have found it very helpful in directing me towards my first spa purchase. Now I need help in the final decision. I have narrowed it down to the Sundance Cameo ($9000 with stereo), Hotspring Vanguard ($7500 no stereo) and the Island Grand Bahama ($7200 and no stereo). I plan on wet testing them this weekend. I have a feeling the Sundance is the best buy and I initially prefer the seating configuration and jet options but is it really worth $1000+ more? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's discussion here and have found it very helpful in directing me towards my first spa purchase. Now I need help in the final decision. I have narrowed it down to the Sundance Cameo ($9000 with stereo), Hotspring Vanguard ($7500 no stereo) and the Island Grand Bahama ($7200 and no stereo). I plan on wet testing them this weekend. I have a feeling the Sundance is the best buy and I initially prefer the seating configuration and jet options but is it really worth $1000+ more? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I belive I am about to purchase a Sundance Ultima ($7900) of the Bahia ($6000).

I loved the Bahia and am going to wet test the Ultima on Friday.

Is it worth that much more to YOU? Let us know after you wet test. The testing will probably indicate a winner and if it doesn't and there is a tie you can save some money by default.

I've sold both over the years and Hotspring is the best of the three.

The sundance cameo is an awsome tub. The extra 1000 is definately justified with the amount of jets, hp on pumps, and seating arrangement in my opinion. The 1000 justifies the stereo. How are the dealers?

The sundance cameo is an awsome tub. The extra 1000 is definately justified with the amount of jets, hp on pumps, and seating arrangement in my opinion. The 1000 justifies the stereo. How are the dealers?

Sorry about spelling. I am looking at the Bahia and the ALTAMAR not Ultima. The dealers seem to be nice and ofcourse "sales men". I should be able to get the Altamar to atleast $7800 and the bahia to atleast $6000.

I am going to wet test the Altamar on Monday, they do not have a Cameo in stock. The Bahia was very comfortable though and I would choose it over the Optima. For me the Optima seemed to be made for slightly larger people than me (I am 140lbs). I guess we will see how the Ultamar compares. My biggest worry is reliability and costs in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...

this may be a little late... but if not it may help you!!! im not surgar-coating anything here, i sell both hot springs and artesian (Island Spas) and love them both!!! ive soaked in both and i personally think they both give a great massage!!! a friend of mine owns a sundance, it does give a good massage, but it feels weaker to me!! and i would get a second price on the bahama w/o the stereo since my company is selling it with the stereo for a few hundred more!!!

Thanx for the input... we ended upgetting the Altamar with the Cameo as a close second... We liked the one size bigger for an additional $800.

The spa getts pretty strong jets... supposedly more than the hot springs since they dont have pass throughs... I dont care about a LOT of power. If I had more time and money I may have looked harder at hot springs.

Of the three tubs you have listed I would say I would probably buy the Sundance or the Hotsprings before the Islander. I think it really all comes down to how you think your dealer will take care of you if you have any issues, but both Hotsprings and Sundance are major players and have a better track record then Islander (ask the Islander dealer how long Islander has been in business.)

As a side bar (I'll preface this by saying I work in the pool and spa industry and I'm not a Hotsprings or Sundance dealer) how can anyone say that Hotsprings is better then Sundance or Vice versa? I'm sure the Hotsprings guy will say they are the best selling tub in the world; they are for a single brand. A Sundance dealer would say the manufacturer that makes their spas is the biggest in the world, that is also right (Jacuzzi)

Find the dealer that you think will take care of you the best. Look at how long they have carried the spa, check the BBB, and ask for references. Don’t believe ANYONE here saying that the spa that they have/sell is the "best."

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I mentioned this in another post, and thought I mentioned it here. WET TEST!!! Or at least find the spa that you sit well in dry and that will fit your needs.