Pool Rehab

kkeiser

OK the inground pool (16 x 32) at the house we purchased this fall has probably not been used for several years and all the equipment is gone. Needs a new liner, pump, filter, ladder, vacuum etc.

My question is about plumbing, I have 3 lines coming into my garage.

Assumption: one from skimmer (suction), one from side jet (return), one from end jet (return).

Once the temperature warms I will put air to the lines to confirm, but is this typical, instead of placing a T in the lines under the pad?

Strainer:

img0407nm5.th.jpg

Side Return:

img0409sm9.th.jpg

End Return:

img0408hm2.th.jpg

Plumbing lines:

img0410hk8.th.jpg

I am a very capable DIY'r, Engineer by training, carpenter, roofer, plumber, electric etc. by on job training & summer work.

I don't want to hear "Hire a Pro" responses: I need to get this up and running and I'm going to do it myself.

BTW: Will most likely go with the following equipment.

Filter: Hayward S244S

Pump: Hayward SP2605X7

Thanks,

Keith

OK the inground pool (16 x 32) at the house we purchased this fall has probably not been used for several years and all the equipment is gone. Needs a new liner, pump, filter, ladder, vacuum etc.

Assumption: one from skimmer (suction), one from side jet (return), one from end jet (return).

Once the temperature warms I will put air to the lines to confirm, but is this typical, instead of placing a T in the lines under the pad?

Strainer:

img0407nm5.th.jpg

Side Return:

img0409sm9.th.jpg

End Return:

img0408hm2.th.jpg

Plumbing lines:

img0410hk8.th.jpg

I am a very capable DIY'r, Engineer by training, carpenter, roofer, plumber, electric etc. by on job training & summer work.

I don't want to hear "Hire a Pro" responses: I need to get this up and running and I'm going to do it myself.

Thanks,

Keith

OK, I propose that no Pros answer then.

not to be a *** man but why don't you apply your "engineering skills" and figure it out on your own...if you're gonna do it by yourself there are some things that you're gonna have to figure out by yourself

the more engineers and engineering students I come into contact with around campus, the more I realize they live in their world of calculus and physics...."imagineers", as someone once put it....

to me real engineering cannot be taught...

you already figured out a good way to test em...go with that

I guess you guys are not real business men, as no respectible business man in any line of work that I deal with would respond with answers like that.

My point to the question was I don't ever get any answers on here just "call a professional" response.

If I wanted a bunch of A$$hole remarks I would of gone to the local bar.

Why have a message board when no one ever answers a question?

This will be my last time on this site!

I dont know why people are being aholes but F em. You can probably do most everything yourself except for the liner. I'd hire someone to do that. As for the third line you'll find out when you put air through em. Usually returns will be T'd underground but not always.

I dont know why people are being aholes but F em. You can probably do most everything yourself except for the liner. I'd hire someone to do that. As for the third line you'll find out when you put air through em. Usually returns will be T'd underground but not always.

I think you have thought of a great way to test the lines, so just go with it!

Strainer:

img0407nm5.th.jpg

Side Return:

img0409sm9.th.jpg

End Return:

img0408hm2.th.jpg

Plumbing lines:

img0410hk8.th.jpg

Thanks,

Keith

If you look around on this forum Im always offering great advice but when you come out swinging and your apparently a super tradesman then you dont deserve advice from us who have multiple years experience at doing what we do. I wouldnt come to you and ask engineering questions then go"oh by the way i dont need your help im doing it my way anyways"

If you would ve just asked the basic questions without the shots then youd have your answers. But sadly no

If you look around on this forum Im always offering great advice but when you come out swinging and your apparently a super tradesman then you dont deserve advice from us who have multiple years experience at doing what we do. I wouldnt come to you and ask engineering questions then go"oh by the way i dont need your help im doing it my way anyways"

If you would ve just asked the basic questions without the shots then youd have your answers. But sadly no

amen brother...you put it just like I feel....a thoughtfully put together response....seemed to quiet him up

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, can't say I've read many boards with such poor and immature responses like these insecure pricks wrote.

The man clearly isn't trying to tout his background as much as he's just announcing his plans to do it himself. Any pros who take offense to that aren't pros to begin with.

I had a similar situation - I put a little water in each line then took my wet/dry vac (on blower setting) to each line sealed with a little duck tape and blew the water out the other side to identify each line. This also will help remove debris in the lines.