Lazboy Limited Edition From Costco

Markman

This is a post from the water chemistry side of the forum that chem geek did which may exsplain how using just MPS daily and dichlor weekly works.

But it just doesn't work well, especially in comparison to a simple chlorine method. You need regular use of a sanitizer or you're asking for trouble. I just think its doing an injustice to spa customers to promote this type method!

Its sold to placate people's misinformed understanding of how to properly use chlorine. N2 is a fine addition to a chlorine method and I use it but I doubt few people that sell it would have their own families using it with only MPS. Most spa professionals I know use chlorine in some way and the rest use bromine (OBVIOUSLY NOT WITH N2) but most all know better than to try to use an MPS only method with N2.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't use bromine with Nature 2, only thr frog, and you are not using it with MPS only, you are adding dichlor weekly. I also strongly suggest that you have a working ozonator with this system and its best with a 24 hour circ pump/ozone system.

I don't feel it is an injustice if spa owners do it properly and I am a spa professional as well as being certified for water chemistry. It would not be an EPA approved system if it was going to get someone sick. I am a professional and did use the low chlorine recipe with my family for 4 years. I changed systems because of the heavy use my spa gets nature 2 clouded up a lot, and it was rather costly for the amount of MPS I needed to use. I now use a chlorine free bromine system...I am just not a big chlorine fan, as many people are not.

I also can not see how you get 4 months out of water that di chlor is being added to everyday. The CYA is going to build up rather rapidly unless you only use the spa a couple of times a week thus having to dump it frequently.

Nature 2 is an ongoing Saga such Biguinades and enzyme based products are, the key is using the chemicals properly, follow all directions and do not be misleading to people.

I don't feel it is an injustice if spa owners do it properly and I am a spa professional as well as being certified for water chemistry.

We're obviously not going to agree on this anymore than we're going to agree whether thermo pane spas insulate well. I respect what you say on this forum and know you're always trying to be helpful but my experience differs completely.

I don't feel it is an injustice if spa owners do it properly and I am a spa professional as well as being certified for water chemistry.

We're obviously not going to agree on this anymore than we're going to agree whether thermo pane spas insulate well. I respect what you say on this forum and know you're always trying to be helpful but my experience differs completely.

Basicaly in my mind there are 3 ways to sanitize your water. Enzymes, bromine, chlorine. I have tryed bromine and chlorine and suplemented them with many products MPS, N2, ozone, silver ions, magnets but always ended up back at chlorine. I'm not saying that nothing else worked I personal just had more trouble with everything else. Cyunaric acid at a level after 3-4 months of chlorine use didn't bother me or my x wife. We naver had a chlorine smell in our tub because it was always dissapated when we soaked. Baking soda was the only other thing we used so I never though of it as a chemical soup. Bromine always smelled, was way more expensive and MPS made my skin itch. I had to many customers with very gunky green and cloudy water that used enzymes. So it seemed to me that dichlor was the simplest, least expensive way to maintain bacteria free water.

I do not disagree with you either Roger. Every person has had different experiences with different chemicals. We have customers that have had bad luck with dichlor due to CYA build up and 2 customers who can not have chlorine at at due to an iisue with something that happened in Desert Storm, they truely can't have any, not even in tap water.

My point is that we should not attack and say I am doing an injustice. That is wrong. Different opinions, different situations ect are going to have different outcomes. NO ONE is god all spa tech or water guru.

I wont even get into therpane with you spatech, different thread and beating a dead horse, why did you feel the need to bring that up in this thread. Attacking for no reason about another issue. What did I personally do to you?

I do not disagree with you either Roger. Every person has had different experiences with different chemicals. We have customers that have had bad luck with dichlor due to CYA build up and 2 customers who can not have chlorine at at due to an iisue with something that happened in Desert Storm, they truely can't have any, not even in tap water.

My point is that we should not attack and say I am doing an injustice. That is wrong. Different opinions, different situations ect are going to have different outcomes. NO ONE is god all spa tech or water guru.

I wont even get into therpane with you spatech, different thread and beating a dead horse, why did you feel the need to bring that up in this thread. Attacking for no reason about another issue. What did I personally do to you?

I'm glad you didn't get into thermopane because I didn't either. I merely stated this was simply another thing we disagree on.

I don't think anything I stated was an attack and you didn't do anything personally to me, I just disagree with your santizing opinion. However, after rereading my post the one thing I would change was use of the word "injustice". I can see how that word could be interpreted and bother you. The better term would have been to say I think it is "shortsighted" or "incomplete" which you obviously may still disagree with but is better suited to convey my opinion of N2 with MPS rather than "injustice" which I might not be too happy to read either.

Basicaly in my mind there are 3 ways to sanitize your water. Enzymes, bromine, chlorine. I have tryed bromine and chlorine and suplemented them with many products MPS, N2, ozone, silver ions, magnets but always ended up back at chlorine. I'm not saying that nothing else worked I personal just had more trouble with everything else. Cyunaric acid at a level after 3-4 months of chlorine use didn't bother me or my x wife. We naver had a chlorine smell in our tub because it was always dissapated when we soaked. Baking soda was the only other thing we used so I never though of it as a chemical soup. Bromine always smelled, was way more expensive and MPS made my skin itch. I had to many customers with very gunky green and cloudy water that used enzymes. So it seemed to me that dichlor was the simplest, least expensive way to maintain bacteria free water.

Hillbilly, I said, I personaly and simplest for me. But I didn't say it was the best, the easiest or the only way.

You and ST can hash out that other deal. I already know which way is the best and it ain't FF or TP :D

Thats why I said I agreed with you Roger. Everyone has different experiences. Thanks for keeping your posts upbeat :D

Spa tech, when you said I was doing a disservice to my customers, that was felt as an attack. I find what system will work best for them in their individual cases, some of them it is the Nature 2 low chlorine recipe, some its bromine, some chlorine ect....

This all started by me posting another persons post that had scientific data about how MPS works....my goodness

Thats why I said I agreed with you Roger. Everyone has different experiences. Thanks for keeping your posts upbeat :D

Spa tech, when you said I was doing a disservice to my customers, that was felt as an attack. I find what system will work best for them in their individual cases, some of them it is the Nature 2 low chlorine recipe, some its bromine, some chlorine ect....

This all started by me posting another persons post that had scientific data about how MPS works....my goodness

I don’t doubt that someone can talk about how it works in theory but in practice I've found it to be a troublesome method. Your results may differ and that surprises me based on what I've seen but we'll have to disagree on its effectiveness.

• 1 month later...

Well as another update, Costco agreed to pick this tub up with a crane truck, but instead, their insurance company sent me a letter, with a copy to the Florida MFG asking the GM or someone to call me. He never did, but a few weeks later a CS rep called and left a message saying they wanted to send some local tub and tile guy out to check on my tub to make sure it was working properly. Since I'd already asked Costco to pick it up, I didn't see the point. I still have the tub and they haven't picked it up. I've been pretty sick on and off so haven't really forced the issue yet. I'm still not working and just started cardiac rehabilitation last week with classes and then doctor supervised workouts to start this week. I have a stress test tomorrow and then they will see how I'm doing. I own an advertising agency and this has pretty much screwed up my business. I'm told recovery will be up to a year health-wise. Unfortunately I don't think my business will make it that long without me there full time soon. What I have is called myopericarditus, which is both myocarditus and pericarditus. It has knocked the crap out of me so definitely watch your water quality and work with someone local. Don't rely on a phone support system and tub MFGs who will screw you around because you didn't buy chemicals directly from them.

I still think this tub sucks and don't recommend that anyone buys it. The pilates tubs use the same system as far as I am aware and apparently are made by the same MFG. Good luck all.

• 7 months later...
Sorry to hijack and bring an old thread back to life. My question is regarding the cd player of this unit. Is it possible to replace this with a different one, I am looking for one with an Aux input? Thanks

That's one hell of a way to hijack a thread....this guy almost died from Pericarditis complications (I had it happen to me...not from a tub....not funny...fell out of the Jeep at an intersection and did the crappie flop till the ambulance got there)...anyways...jeezuz....you get an A+ for being cold. :-)

Not gonna lie....you are making me laugh with this hijack.

Sorry to hijack and bring an old thread back to life. My question is regarding the cd player of this unit. Is it possible to replace this with a different one, I am looking for one with an Aux input? Thanks

No worries on the hijack. I returned mine after a long and lengthy fight with the MFG and Costcoi. First Costco agreed to pick it up by crane truck last fall, then said their insurance company was doing it. Then the ins co said that tatum/living water was doing it, then they said THEIR ins co was taking care of it. Then this spring I finally got it loaded myself and took it back to Costco, then Costco refused to take it back because it had gone to their insurance co and was in the middle of a claim. I finally called the press and threatened to push it off the trailer in front of the doors and leave it and FINALLY they wrote me a check for it, since their system would not allow such a large return back to my card. What a hassle.

ANYWAY, you don't need to replace the CD player. There are auxiliary RCA inputs already back there. Just drill a whole into the plastic at the bottom of the unit or inside the CD housing. Plug in RCA to 3.5mm stereo jack and then you can push the little jack through the hole. You can run that to your ipod or even your laptop and watch movies. For a more finished look you can get a female piece that you screw into the hole and then just plug your wire in the back of that inside the tub housing. You can then run an extension to your deck and run that to whatever length you want. Just select aux on your cd player and you're in business. If you have outdoor speakers you can also use the CD player, radio or Aux mode and then tap into the unused rear speaker cables and run them to your outdoor speakers. Just use the fader to fade to rear only and crank them up. Works great. Use on center mode when in the tub for extra volume. You can also buy a sub woofer from tatum or someone else and splice it in to both front and rear to get more bass. It makes a HUGE difference.

Take care guys.

No worries on the hijack. I returned mine after a long and lengthy fight with the MFG and Costcoi. First Costco agreed to pick it up by crane truck last fall, then said their insurance company was doing it. Then the ins co said that tatum/living water was doing it, then they said THEIR ins co was taking care of it. Then this spring I finally got it loaded myself and took it back to Costco, then Costco refused to take it back because it had gone to their insurance co and was in the middle of a claim. I finally called the press and threatened to push it off the trailer in front of the doors and leave it and FINALLY they wrote me a check for it, since their system would not allow such a large return back to my card. What a hassle.

ANYWAY, you don't need to replace the CD player. There are auxiliary RCA inputs already back there. Just drill a whole into the plastic at the bottom of the unit or inside the CD housing. Plug in RCA to 3.5mm stereo jack and then you can push the little jack through the hole. You can run that to your ipod or even your laptop and watch movies. For a more finished look you can get a female piece that you screw into the hole and then just plug your wire in the back of that inside the tub housing. You can then run an extension to your deck and run that to whatever length you want. Just select aux on your cd player and you're in business. If you have outdoor speakers you can also use the CD player, radio or Aux mode and then tap into the unused rear speaker cables and run them to your outdoor speakers. Just use the fader to fade to rear only and crank them up. Works great. Use on center mode when in the tub for extra volume. You can also buy a sub woofer from tatum or someone else and splice it in to both front and rear to get more bass. It makes a HUGE difference.

Take care guys.

SO HOW ARE YOU FEELING????