Alge From Chlorine Generator?

Guest Art

We have the Intex Easy Set 18' pool. Recently I installed the Intex chlorine generator, added the reccomended amount of salt, but it seems like whenever I run the chlorine generator the alge starts to grow. Any clues why this may be happening? To be fair, I must say that we were away for a few days last week and left the filter pump off, and the pool got really nasty. I did replace about 1/3 of the water, and added some shock and algecide, which seemed to bring it back to an acceptable level of clarity. Then I installed the chlorine generator and the alge keeps comming back. Again today I replaced some of the water, and it looked decent, so I turned on the chlorine generator and the alge is back! It's driving me nuts! Help!

Thanks,

Art

Also, you may want to have your water tested for phosphates. Phosphates are algea food and get into your water from things like detergent residuals and such from your bathingsuits or clothing if worn in the water. A simple solution is "phos-out". This product will eliminate the cause of the algea growth.