Has Anyone Had Problems With Buttress Free Oval Pools?

pamperedjess

I have been looking at above ground pools and went into a store today where they said they don't use buttress free oval pools because of their experience of the walls going wonky, and having to go back and repair it. Does anyone have experience with this - as I really don't like the look of the designs with the buttress'. Any help even if it's a second hand story would be great thanks!

If they cant install a buttress free pool then walk away from that store. I ve installed in the neighborhood of a couple hundred buttress free pools and never had an issue. We also sold many more and Ive never heard of problems other than overstretched liners and out of square pools from the DIY'ers. Go look for a Doughboy dealer and check out the Tuscany and the Diamond.

Ok thanks! that eases my mind a bit anyway! my husband suggested that its the pools that they are using and perhaps they don't work well with the buttress free variety, they use Cornelius pools. I've been looking at a bunch of AGP and I haven't run into any "doughboy" dealers. Do they have that in Canada? Thanks again for your help!

• 13 years later...