Maxximus (sundance) Or Amore Bay (dimension 1)?

Max01

Hi,

i want to buy a new spa and would like to know which one is better: The Maxxus (Sundance) or Amore Bay (Dimension 1). The D1 salesman told me that the dimension one has the much better technics inside (engine, tubs, lcd display). Is that true? He said that Dimension 1 has the best technics of all spas on the market and that the higher price is justified. Here in Europe the dimension one is much more expensive. Is the higher price really justified? The D1 knows when it stands outside and if its summer or winter. Why is this really good?

I like both spas the same but if the quality of the D1 is really that better i would buy the amore bay.

Thanks in advance,

Max

Hi,

i want to buy a new spa and would like to know which one is better: The Maxxus (Sundance) or Amore Bay (Dimension 1). The D1 salesman told me that the dimension one has the much better technics inside (engine, tubs, lcd display). Is that true? He said that Dimension 1 has the best technics of all spas on the market and that the higher price is justified. Here in Europe the dimension one is much more expensive. Is the higher price really justified? The D1 knows when it stands outside and if its summer or winter. Why is this really good?

I like both spas the same but if the quality of the D1 is really that better i would buy the amore bay.

Thanks in advance,

Max

I looked at both and this is what my opinion was:

1) Amore bay had a LIFETIME warranty against leaks AND Delamination IF YOU GOT THE ULTRALIFE WHITE coloured shell

2) THe shell moulding was fantastic.. much higher quality then Sundance.

3) Had the iWatch standard.. I use my PalmPilot to diagnose anything.. and set up the tub's paramaters.. way cool

4) I feel its better built.

They use an M-Class spa pack.. very high end.. and a very very very good stereo (although I still didnt get one.. Water and electronics.. dont mix.. no matter HOW good)

Price was only SLIGHTLY higher then sundance.. (unless the sundance dealer was jacking me around)

What sold me stone cold was the UltraLife White shell with its lifetime warranty.. I had various friends delaminate Vita Spa... HotSprings.. and Sundance spas..this wont happen with that ONE color as its G.E. Geloy .. not fiberglass. (same stuff they make speed boat hulls with) Note: all other colors from D1 are Fiberglass/Acrylic.

And the Amore has MANY more toys.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the underwater magnetic buttons... you can control all the pumps and lights.. and fountains from anywhere..

Just think.. your wife says.. Turn off those lights.. (or fountain.. or what ever) they are too bright.. you dont have the wade over and do it.. buttons are RIGHT there.

Very Very well designed tub.

They are both very good tubs. No offense to the above poster, Congratulations on your new spa it is a beautiful unit. But as for the shell and all that impressed you Shell water loss and delamination are very uncommon in today's world and I would not let that sway my decision in the smallest way. Again both are great tubs and I do like much about D-1 the one thing however they do not have that really jumps at you is the jetting it is nice but the same jets can be in many other spas. Sundance probably has the edge in jetting with the D-1 controls, lights, etc getting the nod.IMO.

I have had 3 friends that delaminated, one within 2 years..so I am a bit paranoid.. at least on a spa of that price.

Also if you look at the Amore's detail in the shell.. its FANTASTIC. A very detailed moulding of the Geloy. Very very detailed.. most spas cannot even come close.

(that to me.. indicates very high quality to get this level of detail )

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Max

The salesman told you? Could it be that he has a reason? $$$$$ :rolleyes:

I don't think it is the best.

I have had 3 friends that delaminated, one within 2 years..so I am a bit paranoid.. at least on a spa of that price.

Also if you look at the Amore's detail in the shell.. its FANTASTIC. A very detailed moulding of the Geloy. Very very detailed.. most spas cannot even come close.

(that to me.. indicates very high quality to get this level of detail )

Do you know the brands and how old the tubs are ? Most of todays better tubs all seem to have warranties for 10 years for such things. The Amore is a beautiful tub and I am sure you will like it for many years. Perhaps some techs here can chime in but the Geloy to me, seems to scratch rather easily or more so than acyclic does. Again both are very very good spas probably just about as good as tubs as there are on the market so neither would be a poor choice. I will just say this for all the very good things D-1 does; they really do make a great tub and the smaller details they really pay attention to however jetting does not seem to be at the top of their priority list.

If I were comparing the two without a wet test, it is like comparing 2 cars without motors!!! Try them wet!!! Personally, though I think you have chosen the 2 prettiest spas, I didn't like either one wet. You NEED to wet test. Everything changes after the test.