Help! Tiny Red Worm Found In Hot Tub?

Hello All! I am brand new here, so hopefully I am doing this the right way? I have discovered something in my hot tub today that I hope is nothing serious? My tub had been turned off for the past few weeks and just sitting ildly. Today, while draining and cleaning the tub to get it going again, I noticed very minute red worms in the water? These worm looking things were about 1/4" - 1/3" long, very thin, red, and appeared to have somewhat of a barbed type configuration on the head and tailend of them?? Naturally this is kind of freaking me out! Does anybody know what these are? Will simply heat and bromine take care of them? Are they dangerous to humans? What should I do? Please help!!!!!

Thanks!

Hello All! I am brand new here, so hopefully I am doing this the right way? I have discovered something in my hot tub today that I hope is nothing serious? My tub had been turned off for the past few weeks and just sitting ildly. Today, while draining and cleaning the tub to get it going again, I noticed very minute red worms in the water? These worm looking things were about 1/4" - 1/3" long, very thin, red, and appeared to have somewhat of a barbed type configuration on the head and tailend of them?? Naturally this is kind of freaking me out! Does anybody know what these are? Will simply heat and bromine take care of them? Are they dangerous to humans? What should I do? Please help!!!!!

Thanks!

empty the tub, blow out the lines and clean the inside out with bioclean or any non detergant cleaner to be on the safe side. That does not sound normal.