Rattle In The Pump

mcdlnwright

If you read my other topic you will already know about My baking soda nightmare.

After recovering from that I drained, scrubbed and refilled. When it was refilled we stuck the hose in the filter intake < basically to hold it still >

it filled and heated without a issue. But when we ran it we heard a large rattle in the pump area. The only thing I can think of is possibly the rubber gasket in the water hose came off and ended up in the pump intake area.

I went to look at the pump today and saw two different valves one of the left and one on the right. I am assuming that is the intake and output.

Directly in front of the pump is a silver control box?

and the pump has a large silver tube connected to one end.

It seems to be plumbed with 2" pvc. But I don't see how to disconnect it.

And when I tried to turn the fittings connecting it the wouldn't budge. And I didn't want to put too much pressure in case i was wrong

Any help would be great

You may be able to suck the item outof the pump by back-flowing it. Turn off power to the spa. Then beg, borrow or buy a pool vac hose. Start a siphon, and be sure it is going real well. While it is pulling hard, stick the hose over the openning where you put the garden hose. Remove any standpipes, screens, or other things which would keep the suction from working directly on the inlet to the pump in question.

Try this a few times, and be sure to put the filter back in before you run the pump to see if it still rattles.

If this doesn't work you will have to open the pump and see if you can clear it.

HTH

B)

You may be able to suck the item outof the pump by back-flowing it. Turn off power to the spa. Then beg, borrow or buy a pool vac hose. Start a siphon, and be sure it is going real well. While it is pulling hard, stick the hose over the openning where you put the garden hose. Remove any standpipes, screens, or other things which would keep the suction from working directly on the inlet to the pump in question.

Try this a few times, and be sure to put the filter back in before you run the pump to see if it still rattles.

If this doesn't work you will have to open the pump and see if you can clear it.

HTH

B)

but how do i get into it?

it seems to be all hard plumbed and i dont see any unions to take it apart

HTH

B)

but how do i get into it?

it seems to be all hard plumbed and i dont see any unions to take it apart

Chas' point is to try to suck it back OUT so that you don’t even have to get into it. That would be the first course of action.

Chas' point is to try to suck it back OUT so that you don’t even have to get into it. That would be the first course of action.

i realize that but i dont have a pump to do that.

Read his suggestion, though a pump would be great there was no mention of using a pump. You start a siphon in the main part of the spa and once its going good you move the hose to the filter opening where you think you lost something and stick the hose in that hole. Hopefully it will suck the piece back out.

I never said anything about a pump. Siphon the water - you will be amazed at the suction power this can create.

NA200_IG_Vac_Hose_w_price.jpg

A pool vac hose - begged, borrowed or bought - will be far less than a service call, and you can use it later for water changes.

Win win.

B)

I never said anything about a pump. Siphon the water - you will be amazed at the suction power this can create.

NA200_IG_Vac_Hose_w_price.jpg

A pool vac hose - begged, borrowed or bought - will be far less than a service call, and you can use it later for water changes.

Win win.

B)

I have one of those

But heres the um other issue,

I hard plumbed my pool last year because the hose that came with it kept bubbling. it was clear with a wire running around it.

Well my son ran into it and broke the threaded end of the male adapter in the diaphragm. now i have no idea how to get that out

Call a tech.