Spa Vacuum

Aguamarina

I like the Paradise unit - no pumping, one moving part, aluminum handle which telescopes.

21mkEAyJFwL.jpg

HotSpring dealers sell it with a HotSpring logo - which is Tres Cool of course - for about $39.95

Also - you can make a simple siphon tub which will attach to the garden hose for a couple of bucks. Go an adapter that goes from a female garden hose on one end to female PVC on the other. The ones I get have a swivel to make it ease to attacth to the end of your garden hose, but it is not a must. Stick in a length of PVC pipe about four fee long, and you are good to go. I sell them in our store for $5 and people love them.

Use your garden hose or just a short section of old hose. Start a siphon, and you can vac out sand, grit, or anything with ease.

B)

I asked a similar question a while back, actually wound up getting the one pictured, works pretty good, seems durable. DO NOT get the one with the blue turkey baster bulb on the end, that thing was a PITA. The bulb would squeeze of the end of the tube after a few pumps and eventually the head would not stay on and to top it off it started letting stuff back in the spa.

WalMart sells a similar unit to the one pictured. I just picked one up for about $12.00 if I remember correctly. Also came with a small brush that clips on the end instead of the nozzle and a small net that clips to the handle for skimming the surface. I looked on their website but did not find it, but it was in my local store right with the pool chemicals

Anyone have any experience with the Grit Gitter? It always looked neat, but I haven't needed it enough to order one yet.

Yes, that is the turkey baster one i referred to in my post above but forgot the name because i threw it out. imo, avoid. very cheap. Have the one chas mentioned much better. see above.

Anyone have any experience with the Grit Gitter? It always looked neat, but I haven't needed it enough to order one yet.

Yes, that is the turkey baster one i referred to in my post above but forgot the name because i threw it out. imo, avoid. very cheap. Have the one chas mentioned much better. see above.

It may look cheap and really looks like a kids toy but it works.

It may look cheap and really looks like a kids toy but it works.

I agree as well that the grit gitter in its short form is handy for when you are IN the spa, sitting there doing nothing and want to remove that little bit of sand or debris, without a big long pole to manage. But for the big job, its useless and will wear out your hand pumping that bulb and putting it back together. It was designed for the convenient quicky.

Since we got our spa we have used a foot spa, which is just a bit bigger than a washing up bowl, before we get in the spa we put our feet in this. We have never had any grit get into our spa, thought it was worth mentioning because these work out cheaper than a vacuum. Plus the foot spa should never wear out.

Here is a link

http://www.h2opoolproducts.com/product_inf...v5rfm3um9hd91d2

Polaris Spa Wand is the best I have used.

Yeah, I understand that the Grit Gitter is cheap, but why spend more when I apparently dont needmore? We use our hottub only 3-4 times a week but really have only needed a vaccum thing a few times for larger bits caught in the pre-filter. I can reachmy pre-filter from outside the tub, but even if I couldn't, I still wouldn't see a problem with getting in. I just prefer the small bulb kind of thing to a big clunky stick or hoses.

Let us know which one you end up with & how it works out. I may break down & order a Grit Gitter in the next few weeks, so I'll let everyone know too.

I tried the Grit Getter, but like Dave NH I found it came apart, the little screen detaches too easily and it is hard to get the two parts aligned when putting it back together. I got a real turkey baster and it is easier for me to use. The only downside is you have to squirt the water and grit outside the tub after you vacuum it up.

The foot bath idea is good. I put a plastic tray with a big sponge saturated with chlorinated water next to the tub so we can wipe our feet before getting in.