Repair Cost For Wave Tec's Work

poolfool

Just curious to know how many of you Wave Tec victims have had to have someone else fix their mistakes??

Had our estimate for the liner only (approx $900 plus a drain and fill...if no other problems come up) to repair, not replace. They have not checked the plumbing yet...can't wait for that bid. But i'll let you know.

I also found out that 41 complaints have been filed with the Attorney General, I make # 42.

Where are these 41?? Would love to hear from you.

What area of Texas are you in? Are you confident in the person you found to do the repairs? If so I would like their information? "Just in case" We too have a Wavetec pool, and I guess we have been one of the lucky ones. We DID have what I believe was an incompetent builder, he started 3 pools, and ours is the only one they let him finish.... we have had problems, we had to have the liner replaced, and have the spa redone as it was not braced properly, we also had a Nature II that leaked, and had to have it replaced.. lots of problems, but they (Wavetec) always responded and made the repairs, and we are really enjoying the pool this summer. However, I would still like the name of a good repair person, you never know what will happen, and our warranty will be over in a few months. Thanks. My email is c_gray@huntcscd.com

Just curious to know how many of you Wave Tec victims have had to have someone else fix their mistakes??

Had our estimate for the liner only (approx $900 plus a drain and fill...if no other problems come up) to repair, not replace. They have not checked the plumbing yet...can't wait for that bid. But i'll let you know.

I also found out that 41 complaints have been filed with the Attorney General, I make # 42.

Where are these 41?? Would love to hear from you.

How long (after pool was finished) before you started having problems? I have had mine for 9 months and so far so good..... Are you in Texas? I haven't heard of any real problems in my area (DFW)

How long (after pool was finished) before you started having problems? I have had mine for 9 months and so far so good..... Are you in Texas? I haven't heard of any real problems in my area (DFW)

Yes, I am in Texas, in the DFW area (Rockwall) We have had our pool about 9 months also, the liner problem was after only 5-6 weeks, the Spa was just replaced last month. The builder did not pour concrete around the frame... hello? how goofy is that? The spa was sinking, sank about 2 inches. But they have responded to all our problems, and the builder that they got to do all the repairs is quite good. We have had the Nature II replaced twice, it was a flaw with the unit both times, and they have never quibbled about replacing it. I think they should have been more careful choosing their builders, when they needed more in a hurry, but I can't complain about customer service. Who was your builder?

Yes, I am in Texas, in the DFW area (Rockwall) We have had our pool about 9 months also, the liner problem was after only 5-6 weeks, the Spa was just replaced last month. The builder did not pour concrete around the frame... hello? how goofy is that? The spa was sinking, sank about 2 inches. But they have responded to all our problems, and the builder that they got to do all the repairs is quite good. We have had the Nature II replaced twice, it was a flaw with the unit both times, and they have never quibbled about replacing it. I think they should have been more careful choosing their builders, when they needed more in a hurry, but I can't complain about customer service. Who was your builder?

a guy named Mike Germano (and his crew) did mine and so far I haven't had any real problems....The filter and the Nature 2 both work great. I didn't get a spa, just the pool. I really love the way the liner feels (much better than cement) and don't have any cracks in my decking..... but after hearing that Wavetec is still having so many serious complaints, I am starting to wonder how long until I start having problems. I will say this, though... Mr Germano gave us his personal number and th few minor problems we did have were addressed in a very timely manner...

Hope this helps clear up things abit. I saw this blog on another website today. Good reading from an ex employee of wave tec. Glad to see Dawn is seeing the light, but I wish her better luck than the 35 of us here in EL Paso. Wave tec has done nothing for us. Here is the website

first:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools...95330141.html?8

Now here is the comment he/she made:

RE: Wave Tec Pools

see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by formerwtpemployee (My Page) on

Wed, Jun 14, 06 at 21:31

As a former Wave Tec empolyee, I would strongly reccomend that you look elsewhere for a pool. The company is the most dishonest company I've ever worked for. They will always use the cheapest labor and materials possible, get you to sign their "completion certificate," and then forget you. They will try to uphold your contract with them and threaten to take you to court over the 30% cancellation penalty, but they will go through all the motions and drop the case at the last second b/c no judge would uphold their one sided contract. The CEO, Jason Herring, would spend $300.00 in order to save $3.00. His extension is 204 if you want to speak with him directly about your issues.

Mike Germano is quite good. There are rarely problems with his pools. Camisa's builder wasn't so hot, and if memory serves, he's no longer building for the company. I was personally involved in getting the repairs done on her pool and the builder used was one of my best. His name is Craig Masteller. I would suggest that you call local service companies to see if any of them will do work on a vinyl liner pools. Many of them simply do not. As far as decks cracking and whatnot, it is difficult to say if WTP will do anything about them seeing as it states in your contract that concrete is not covered. And to be fair, WTP nor the builder can be held responsible for many concrete issues. There are just too many uncontrollable variables. But if you want to get something done, just keep kicking and screaming, and despite the fact that WTP has been kicked out of 2 BBBs, keep complaining to them. The company will continuously try to get back into the BBB and will therefore still respond to issues. Otherwise you're looking at hiring a lawyer, and well, that's going to cost you some big $$$.

Poolfool- What sort of liner issues are you having? There may be a fix that I can reccomend over draining, resetting, and refilling. Let me know and I'll do what I can to help. From working at that crooked company for so long, I've got to make up some karma points.

Mike Germano is quite good. There are rarely problems with his pools. Camisa's builder wasn't so hot, and if memory serves, he's no longer building for the company. I was personally involved in getting the repairs done on her pool and the builder used was one of my best. His name is Craig Masteller. I would suggest that you call local service companies to see if any of them will do work on a vinyl liner pools. Many of them simply do not. As far as decks cracking and whatnot, it is difficult to say if WTP will do anything about them seeing as it states in your contract that concrete is not covered. And to be fair, WTP nor the builder can be held responsible for many concrete issues. There are just too many uncontrollable variables. But if you want to get something done, just keep kicking and screaming, and despite the fact that WTP has been kicked out of 2 BBBs, keep complaining to them. The company will continuously try to get back into the BBB and will therefore still respond to issues. Otherwise you're looking at hiring a lawyer, and well, that's going to cost you some big $$$.

Poolfool- What sort of liner issues are you having? There may be a fix that I can reccomend over draining, resetting, and refilling. Let me know and I'll do what I can to help. From working at that crooked company for so long, I've got to make up some karma points.

Hello Mike, former WT employee...our liner has leaked since day one. It leaks, has floated away from the wall, and removed itself from the pool wall. We have to keep trying to latch it back, but it is like a balloon. We have what feels like large rocks under the liner in the deep end, and it has wrinkles everywhere. We need a dump truck to fill it in and that will solve these problems. The steps have started to move away from the concrete also. The cleaner does not work, just sits there.

How can you help?? No one can make this nightmare go away, but thanks for trying.

Poolfool not sure if your talking to me or not, but my name is Mike but Im not with wave tec, you need to read up 1 post, his nick = FormerWTPEmployee .. not sure what his real name is but I would sure love to talk to him. And if your still online FormerWTPEmployee please give me a call at 915-274-4118 I'd like to talk abit about wave tec.

Mike_in_EL_Paso not FormerWTPEmployee

Poolfool

How old is your pool and how long has it been leaking? If it's been leaking since the get go, then WTP should certainly address it. Do you know where it is leaking from? What's happening is water is moving pretty freely to cause that kind of thing, so I suspect the steps were not sealed correctly. Would you be willing to post your last name? That would probably tell me all I need to know. What I would do is call a company called American Leak Detection. They're great at finding leaks and will even patch them if they're small enough. They will do a dye test, pressure test (plumbing), and use their nifty equipment to detect leaks under the deck.

I just got off the phone with Mike from El Paso. We had a good conversation though we didn't really have anything to say that the other didn't already know. unfortunately, since Jason Herring is such a vindictive SOB, I have to remain pretty anonymous. However if someone has a lawyer that wants to speak to me, I'd be glad to. Just get me their number. I don't know that I would help anyone sue the pants off WTP, but I'm willing to help any way I can. Hehee....chances are, most of you hate my guts b/c I've enforced the CEO's evil plans, sorry :D

Sorry, Mike in El Paso, I was directing my reply to the other Mike, former WT employee...You should remember me, we spoke alot and you (I understand) gave me the "wait for a tech, they are tied up in...get this El Paso, for 2 months...going on a year. I'm in College Station.

Call (979) 220-1272.

Just not sure how on the level you are, but if Mike in El Paso trust you, then I do also.

Thank you for letting me know that..... Makes me feel better. There is acompany here is Ft Worth that works on (and builds, for that matter) vinyl liner pools. Seahorse Pools in case anyone needs this information. The thing I am curious about in the whole grand scheme of things is why Foxx Pools keeps letting Wavetec bulid their product. Seems like this could give not only Wavetec a bad name, but Foxx Pools also and ruin their good reputation......

Craig Mastellar DID do the repairs on our pool and he is good, Our builder made lots of mistakes, but again they have always been repaired, Wavetec has never given us the run around about them, although we have had to be patient and not demand IMMEDIATE resolutution, we have had to wait a week or so at time. I think I know who you are, do you live in Forney? If so, thank you for your help with the pool. Our pool has been satisfsctory, and tons of fun this summer

Craig Mastellar DID do the repairs on our pool and he is good, Our builder made lots of mistakes, but again they have always been repaired, Wavetec has never given us the run around about them, although we have had to be patient and not demand IMMEDIATE resolutution, we have had to wait a week or so at time. I think I know who you are, do you live in Forney? If so, thank you for your help with the pool. Our pool has been satisfsctory, and tons of fun this summer

Sorry Camisa, you're thinking of Nate. This will be my last post however due to the fact that others are playing the guessing game trying to figure out who I am exactly and essentially trying to expose who I am. You all must understand that I'd like to remain anonymous due to the fact that WTP has actually brought a lawyer on staff (first off, I don't know of any other pool company w/ a full time lawyer. Interesting huh?) and I don't want to get tangled in a legal idiotfest. Truth be told, he can't do a thing to me, but I'd rather avoid it all together. My goal is simply to help those who got screwed, and to keep as many people from getting screwed as possible. So far, I've managed to steer 4 people away from WTP, costing Wave Tec sales, and boy that makes me feel good (Bitter? You think?). Anyways, Camisa, if I were you, I'd be concerned about footer on your pool. Your builder didn't put a footer under the stairs. So I had craig dig it up and pour one. But what about the rest of the pool? If memory serves, your builder was running short on concrete (he didn't have the $$$ to do it right) and so he cheated when pouring the footer. I would be willing to bet that your footer is no more then 2" thick in some places.....most likely in fact. What is going to happen is that footer is going to crack eventually and begin to shift. When this happens, your deck should also begin to lift, settle, and crack. That will be your first indication. It might be next month, and it might be in 10 years, but I'm sure you're going to still have problems with your pool's shape and deck b/c of the shotty footer. Good luck.

I think Camisa works for the pool company too. How the hell would you know or think to ask if Mike was a jackrabbit?

I think Camisa works for the pool company too. How the hell would you know or think to ask if Mike was a jackrabbit?

His name is not Mike, if you will read the thread all the way thru, and there was a man from Forney who helped set up the repairs for our pool, his name was Nate, I thought the poster might be him. It is not, I am NOT a wave tec employee, and will be more than happy to show my pool, in pictures or in person. I just happen to be a satisfied customer, there ARE a few of us. And as I said we DID have problems. They were just always addressed, and completed, quite frankly, they were always friendly and helpful. We did have to wait 3 weeks for a repair to be completed, but we weren't upset by it, it was too cold to swim, and we knew the reputation of the guy we were waiting for, it was good. Who's pool would you repair first, if two problems were submitted at the same time... the person who screams and threatens and goes ballistic, or the person who is courteous, and understands the problem cannot be fixed tomorrow?

Sorry Camisa, you're thinking of Nate. This will be my last post however due to the fact that others are playing the guessing game trying to figure out who I am exactly and essentially trying to expose who I am. You all must understand that I'd like to remain anonymous due to the fact that WTP has actually brought a lawyer on staff (first off, I don't know of any other pool company w/ a full time lawyer. Interesting huh?) and I don't want to get tangled in a legal idiotfest. Truth be told, he can't do a thing to me, but I'd rather avoid it all together. My goal is simply to help those who got screwed, and to keep as many people from getting screwed as possible. So far, I've managed to steer 4 people away from WTP, costing Wave Tec sales, and boy that makes me feel good (Bitter? You think?). Anyways, Camisa, if I were you, I'd be concerned about footer on your pool. Your builder didn't put a footer under the stairs. So I had craig dig it up and pour one. But what about the rest of the pool? If memory serves, your builder was running short on concrete (he didn't have the $$$ to do it right) and so he cheated when pouring the footer. I would be willing to bet that your footer is no more then 2" thick in some places.....most likely in fact. What is going to happen is that footer is going to crack eventually and begin to shift. When this happens, your deck should also begin to lift, settle, and crack. That will be your first indication. It might be next month, and it might be in 10 years, but I'm sure you're going to still have problems with your pool's shape and deck b/c of the shotty footer. Good luck.

I am really sorry to heat that, I was feeling very blessed being one of the ones who escaped the Wavetec monster. It is ironic , the description you gave, because yesterday I was thinking it looked like the deck was rising, it looks higher above the ground than it did. there is a gap between the deck, and the ground, the last Wevetec guy that came out (to replace Nature II, again) said we should pour sand around the pool to help fill it in, will this help? My email is c_gray@huntcscd.com, if you have any ideas that might help extend it's longevity... if you are concerned your email will tell who you are, use a hotmail acct or something?

I am really sorry to heat that, I was feeling very blessed being one of the ones who escaped the Wavetec monster. It is ironic , the description you gave, because yesterday I was thinking it looked like the deck was rising, it looks higher above the ground than it did. there is a gap between the deck, and the ground, the last Wevetec guy that came out (to replace Nature II, again) said we should pour sand around the pool to help fill it in, will this help? My email is c_gray@huntcscd.com, if you have any ideas that might help extend it's longevity... if you are concerned your email will tell who you are, use a hotmail acct or something?

Is the deck rising or is the ground settling? If settling is the problem, then same will help to some extent as it will not settle. However, I suggest getting some fill dirt, and compacting it around the edge. Fox pools are desigend to have a small gap called a thermal barrier between the ground and the deck, and it is especially important in your area. It allows the soil room to expand when it freezes. I'll contact you via e-mail this evening.