American Spa Inc / Manhattan Distributor Spa Serve

michelle

hi michelle we to have had the misfortune of purchasing a tub from spa serve we ordered it back in june 2008 and was told we would have it with in 6-8 weeks so after it didnt come then i started with the phone calls emails and letters and everytime i got no answers from these people just kept saying it was stuck overseas or in customs

Is this made over here? Who makes this POS spa?

They obviously don't care about Quality (or the customer) and you can tell they're not being wet tested when in production since they all seem to leak and are missing parts.

According to the webpage http://hottubbuyer.com/forum/showthread.ph...;pid=118#pid118

It states:-

There is no way his spa was from America, Tell him to contact Mr Zhang from J&J Sanitary Ware Co Ltd, China. Spa Serve is thier sole importer and retaler for the UK. ( I know, I have been to the factory ) Cheap and Dangerous. Tell him to demand his money back or threaten Watch Dog again.

The website with the 25 reviews was www.reviewcentre.com contact Tom Hindley they had many negative reviews on Spaserve (the company was listed as one spelling). However they were removed pending an investiagation due to a complaint about the contents. The investigation has never been concluded. This is ongoing for several months. I have sent emails asking as to the outcome of the investigation but the review centre has not replied to me with an answer.

I know Spa Serve have been investigated by Watch-dog (BBC), ITV Helen Finch and the local Rugely Post stated this company had been brought to their attention before now. Trading Standards are also aware of them. It appears however they are unstopable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will tell you lies, lies, and more lies, about the delivery date, 'it’s in customs', 'its in port'. We eventually got our hot tub 14 weeks after the 8 weeks promised. They made every excuse possible. Eventually they delivered a defective product, blower does not work, TV cannot be connected, wrong TV, broken cabinet, cabinet colour wrong (compensated for cabinet – by force), no parasol. Then they arranged an engineer on a date they knew they would not be working, but did not tell us! They arranged a second service date, cancelled day before giving a lame excuse saying they had not had the part delivered, which they had already informed me 'we've got loads in stock, very common part'. I consider myself a very fair person but Spa Serve (Trade Price Hot Tubs, HDI Enterprises) do not play fair. If you have purchased form this company, PAY BY CREDIT CARD for protection! When the delivery date passes get in contact with your credit card company and begin to claim your money back! This is the only reason they delivered after 20 weeks, otherwise we would still be waiting. Once 120 days have passed, after paying by credit card, you have more difficulty getting your money back, so you must start a charge back at approx. 90 days after payment, maximum! Do not accept goods with a fault as the credit card will only refund after return of goods and being a hot tub this is difficult! However, you are covered by the Sale & Supply of Goods Act. Paying by credit card saved us, I'm convinced of that. Spa Serve administration, whilst always polite, cannot give a straight answer. My situation with Spa Serve is ongoing, if it changes, I will notify, otherwise I would suggest - If you want: a nice looking product that does not work correctly; a process that gives you unnecessary stress; to be fobbed off; to pay for goods you don't receive, purchase from Trade Price Hot Tubs. Otherwise avoid or I’m convinced you will pay in other ways!!!

I am sorry to hear you had all this trouble and so glad we did not have to endure a similar experience. The experience we had with this company was bad enough and made me extremely depressed. Might be an idea to get in touch with Theresa Bradley email Theresa_Bradley@mrn.co.uk or telephone Theresa Bradley from the Rugeley Post she is conducting an investigation into this company her telephone number is 01543501764. I hope you get your problems sorted. The time involved in seeking justice is sole destroying.

They will tell you lies, lies, and more lies, about the delivery date, 'it’s in customs', 'its in port'. We eventually got our hot tub 14 weeks after the 8 weeks promised. They made every excuse possible. Eventually they delivered a defective product, blower does not work, TV cannot be connected, wrong TV, broken cabinet, cabinet colour wrong (compensated for cabinet – by force), no parasol. Then they arranged an engineer on a date they knew they would not be working, but did not tell us! They arranged a second service date, cancelled day before giving a lame excuse saying they had not had the part delivered, which they had already informed me 'we've got loads in stock, very common part'. I consider myself a very fair person but Spa Serve (Trade Price Hot Tubs, HDI Enterprises) do not play fair. If you have purchased form this company, PAY BY CREDIT CARD for protection! When the delivery date passes get in contact with your credit card company and begin to claim your money back! This is the only reason they delivered after 20 weeks, otherwise we would still be waiting. Once 120 days have passed, after paying by credit card, you have more difficulty getting your money back, so you must start a charge back at approx. 90 days after payment, maximum! Do not accept goods with a fault as the credit card will only refund after return of goods and being a hot tub this is difficult! However, you are covered by the Sale & Supply of Goods Act. Paying by credit card saved us, I'm convinced of that. Spa Serve administration, whilst always polite, cannot give a straight answer. My situation with Spa Serve is ongoing, if it changes, I will notify, otherwise I would suggest - If you want: a nice looking product that does not work correctly; a process that gives you unnecessary stress; to be fobbed off; to pay for goods you don't receive, purchase from Trade Price Hot Tubs. Otherwise avoid or I’m convinced you will pay in other ways!!!

I am sorry to hear you had all this trouble and so glad we did not have to endure a similar experience. The experience we had with this company was bad enough and made me extremely depressed. Might be an idea to get in touch with Theresa Bradley email Theresa_Bradley@mrn.co.uk or telephone Theresa Bradley from the Rugeley Post she is conducting an investigation into this company her telephone number is 01543501764. I hope you get your problems sorted. The time involved in seeking justice is sole destroying.

Thanks evryone on this site just managed to cancel cheque re payment in full for an order from them. I'm lucky thanks all and wish you good luck in winning

• 1 month later...

looking for some help i purchest a reconditioned manhattan hot tub from spa serve at the end of last year and to cut a long story short i got the shaft like every one elss spa leaking from day one pump notworking delaminating shell anyway i managed to get a refund from my credit card company but now spa serve are fitting it saying they will fix it under waranty it would help my case if any one who has paid the fule surcharge for a call out and then no one came could give me a letter (email would be fine) saing this

thanx in advance for any help

• 2 weeks later...
I paid one payment on my visa credit card Y (thank god) and after a long struggle with spa serve it was visa that refunded me, once the spa was a year old I was offered a replacement from spar serve under the warranty agreement, they wanted £1300.00 to remove the old spa and replace under the guarantee. I also got a call asking me if I would like it serviced. Ha ha, the tub was condemned and has long since gone! I can’t believe they are still getting away with it. I have kept my file should anyone like any details.

Hi

Same problem as everyone else with this compay, order Spa in September 08 and still waiting - told to cancel it in writing but there terms and conditions say if you cancel you are not elibable for a refund. Paid on barclaycard but they say they cannot help as we have said we were going to cancel (however cancellation letter was never sent) so now got financial ombudsman chasing barclaycard too. Would approciate any help as to how you got your refund.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi All

We purchased a San Francisco hot tub from TradePrice (SpaServe) in December 2007. They were quick to deliver and take the cash balance on delivery. We had paid a deposit on our Credit Card so I may report to them. Anyway the tub turned up in December minus Corner Steps, Cover Lifter, All Weather Cover and it was also not as advertised on the Trade Price website. It was advertised with a full lighting system, pop up speakers, which it didn't have. We chased for months, each time we spoke to a different operator who took a message for someone to call us, no one did.

We now have the same problem as yourselves blistering of the shell and dials turning white, also there is some brown staining around the jets.

We have taken photos and sent to SpaServe and the last I heard at the end of October was that either the General Manager or Sales Manager would be in touch to arrange for an assessor to visit. I have still heard nothing from them.

I am beginning to think I should not have purchased through the internet but brought directly from a retailer, at least there would be some come back. It seemed good value at the time, but obviously too good to be true.

Let's hope that by pulling together we can do something to prevent this happening to others in the future as all three companies still appear to be trading. Website Review Centre.com appear to be investigating as they have removed comments from their forum pending. I have managed to post to the Trade Price forum, however still pending investigation.

OMG I am now feeling sick. i purchased and like a fool paid up front for a hottub in march 09 Still waiting and been given countless excuses. i have written to them on the advise of consumer direct. It would appear that they are not bothered as i have had no reply as yet. Any help greatly appreciated Steve

Hi im in the middle of taking this company to court too ! Its an outrage and they are still trading .

I received my grot tub last april and basically there were bits missing , waterlogged dvd and stereo and it never worked properly from day one . I had an incling it was dodgy so I rejected it at law within 7 days but they ignored my letter. Soon the water turned green despite my husband using the correct chemicals, I called out an independant engineer and he told me the tub was not filtering and cleaning so it was not advisable to use it in case the children got a nasty infection from the rancid water ! we didnt need telling twice ! So it has sat empty and dormant in my garden ever since while I pay £130 a month off my loan I took out to purchase it. If I dont laugh I will cry I am at my wits end its made me so misrable. We are considering filling it and adding some giant carp to turn it into a £5000 fish pond ! Any help, support, wisdom or solice greatly appreciated

Hi. We are a hot tub servicing company, companies like this give this industry a bad name, we get called out to many of these Spa Serve tubs, We've seen something similar with your hot tub - what are your filters like? the one's we have seen fitted to the spa serve tubs aren't suitable, they more like coffee filters! Fitting the correct filters should sort this problem out. Any questions please just ask.

thanks

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. i shall join the queue. i purchased a hottub from this Sh** company of conmen and ordered and paid for it in march (Idiot me) i still have no hottub and if i ever get it I wonder how long it will last. I am currently in the first stages of taking them to court. Any help greatly appriciated. Steve

• 2 months later...
Hi im in the middle of taking this company to court too ! Its an outrage and they are still trading .

I received my grot tub last april and basically there were bits missing , waterlogged dvd and stereo and it never worked properly from day one . I had an incling it was dodgy so I rejected it at law within 7 days but they ignored my letter. Soon the water turned green despite my husband using the correct chemicals, I called out an independant engineer and he told me the tub was not filtering and cleaning so it was not advisable to use it in case the children got a nasty infection from the rancid water ! we didnt need telling twice ! So it has sat empty and dormant in my garden ever since while I pay £130 a month off my loan I took out to purchase it. If I dont laugh I will cry I am at my wits end its made me so misrable. We are considering filling it and adding some giant carp to turn it into a £5000 fish pond ! Any help, support, wisdom or solice greatly appreciated

Hi. We are a hot tub servicing company, companies like this give this industry a bad name, we get called out to many of these Spa Serve tubs, We've seen something similar with your hot tub - what are your filters like? the one's we have seen fitted to the spa serve tubs aren't suitable, they more like coffee filters! Fitting the correct filters should sort this problem out. Any questions please just ask.

thanks

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. i shall join the queue. i purchased a hottub from this Sh** company of conmen and ordered and paid for it in march (Idiot me) i still have no hottub and if i ever get it I wonder how long it will last. I am currently in the first stages of taking them to court. Any help greatly appriciated. Steve

Sorry to hear you ordered from this shower, I ordered mine in November 08 and like eveyone promised the earth and even when I persisted chasing well into 09 they promised everything but delivered nothing, they even wrote they would guarentee it was from the USA but if you go to the following web link you'll see where they actually come from(http://www.jnjspa.com/default.htm). Ive done a lot of reaserch since on The Trade Price Group aka Spa Serve aka HDI enterprises. I eventually spoke to my credit card company who were all too aware of this outfit and snatched back the money after 7 months and gave them 45 days to appeal against it, suprisingly they didnt.

Ive since purchased from a local supplier and when I was ordering my tub met a family who were also buying one who'd been ripped off by this bunch of cowboys, they were still trying to get there money back.

The company Ive bought from then showed me a price list from where they get these tub from in China as they were approached to stock them but refused because they are death traps. the actual price is about £1500 to purchase from China.

I've since had a questionnaire from trading standards re this outfit listing all its various companies so hopefully this group will be shut down or made to sort out the mess.

I would recommend in the first instance contact your credit card company to try to get your money back. Also look at can you trust them web site to get more info for your court case. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

thanks

Sorry to hear you ordered from this shower, I ordered mine in November 08 and like eveyone promised the earth and even when I persisted chasing well into 09 they promised everything but delivered nothing, they even wrote they would guarentee it was from the USA but if you go to the following web link you'll see where they actually come from(http://www.jnjspa.com/default.htm). Ive done a lot of reaserch since on The Trade Price Group aka Spa Serve aka HDI enterprises. I eventually spoke to my credit card company who were all too aware of this outfit and snatched back the money after 7 months and gave them 45 days to appeal against it, suprisingly they didnt.

Ive since purchased from a local supplier and when I was ordering my tub met a family who were also buying one who'd been ripped off by this bunch of cowboys, they were still trying to get there money back.

The company Ive bought from then showed me a price list from where they get these tub from in China as they were approached to stock them but refused because they are death traps. the actual price is about £1500 to purchase from China.

I've since had a questionnaire from trading standards re this outfit listing all its various companies so hopefully this group will be shut down or made to sort out the mess.

I would recommend in the first instance contact your credit card company to try to get your money back. Also look at can you trust them web site to get more info for your court case. Good luck

I recently successfully dragged these cowboys through court. Got my money back + 5grand costs. Stevee, i was in the same boat as you, fortunately I cancelled and refused delivery. What ever you do don't take delivery of this Chinese piece of sh1t. Please get in contact with me at abtran48@hotmail.com if you need any info/advice as I have a shedload.

Yes as with many i wish i had looked into this company a bit further before parting with my money. I haven't accepted the spa , not that they have given me a date for delivery anyway.

This is a call for anyone who can help me with the evidence of misleading sales advice e.g. they are saying these spas are imported from america in the sales pitch but when you have parted with your money we find out they are chinese.[/font]

I am looking for customer details as evidence for court to prove this is a deliberate sales tactic.

Many thanks

James Tigwell jimtig@ntlworld.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are taking Trade price Group to court at this moment, have had meeting with Trading Standards giving full statement,

Contact us direct on kaywat@hotmail.co.uk

with any info as we are collating full file against these crooks, they MUST BE STOPPED

We are taking Trade price Group to court at this moment, have had meeting with Trading Standards giving full statement,

Contact us direct on kaywat@hotmail.co.uk

with any info as we are collating full file against these crooks, they MUST BE STOPPED

Hi All

I have read with interest the comments posted on this forum. I have also been taken for £ 8800.00 by these people and i am in practice in the Legal Profession, so although no consolation, even the most switched on of us can be taken in by these smooth operators. My only saving grace is that i paid the whole amount via my Lloyds TSB Trustcard but i will probably still have a bit of trouble convincing them to repay my money but we shall see.

Having read all of the posting i am amazed that no has mentioned or been advised to issue a Statutory Demand upon this firm. I won't go through the whole process here but suffice to say if anyone has a proven debt of £ 750.00 or more they can serve Statutory Demand upon the company and its Directors. This is effectively the first stage of bankruptcy and if the company do not reply or make an attempt to 'set aside' the Creditor can petition the Court for a Winding Up order.

For starters any of you who have been through the Court process and have a County Court Judgement against this firm can enforce by issuing a Statutory Demand. In this instance there is virtually no way out for Debtor, they either pay up or be made Banrupt. Statutory Demands DO NOT require you to have been through the Court to serve one immediately but i doing this way the company do have the right to reply or defend the demand but they only have 18 days to do this after this time the Creditor can petition for the winding up.

Sounds good, well there are few things that must be done to ensure that the Demand is served correctly in the first instance. You must serve the Statutory Demand upon an officer of the company directly, meaning it must be served upon at least one Director personally. This might sound onerus by it is quite easy if you know how. It can be served at the business premises or at the Directors home address which can be found at Companies House as these companies are Limited companies.

So onto costs, Statutory Demands downloadable and can be filled and served by an individual upon the Debtor. They cost nothing complete and come with a full set of notes, the only cost is the cost of serving the Demand. It is best to have a Process Server serve the Demand as they are experienced in finding individuals and serving them papers. For those of you who have been through a divorce you may have served with papers in the same way. The cost of all this is approx £ 200.00.

It is case of drop the bomb and wait to see what happens next my guess is one of you out there will get this wound up using this method.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT ADVISING YOU BY BRINGING THIS TO YOUR ATTENTION AND YOU SHOULD SEEK ADVICE FROM A RELIABLE LEGAL ADVISOR BEFORE EMBARKING ON ANY OF THE ABOVE.

• 1 month later...

We are absolutely amazed to have found this forum, wish we had seen it 2 years ago. We bought a Manhatten Spa from Spa Serve and had so many problems with both the tub and the company. After almost a year of letter writing, phone calls, time off work waiting in for engineers to call, referals to the small claims court, we eventually contacted Consumer Direct who were absolutely fantastic. Their advise was invaluable and after about 3 months, we received all our money back from our credit card company. We have all the Directors home addresses as listed at Companies House if anyone wants to contact them!! Cant believe they are still trading.

• 1 month later...

We are absolutely amazed to have found this forum, wish we had seen it 2 years ago. We bought a Manhatten Spa from Spa Serve and had so many problems with both the tub and the company. After almost a year of letter writing, phone calls, time off work waiting in for engineers to call, referals to the small claims court, we eventually contacted Consumer Direct who were absolutely fantastic. Their advise was invaluable and after about 3 months, we received all our money back from our credit card company. We have all the Directors home addresses as listed at Companies House if anyone wants to contact them!! Cant believe they are still trading.

Hi ya

Could you possible let me have any information on these lot, as i am at present taking them to court and would like to get a few people together to fight agaist them trading and conning people out of their hard earned money.

Pleased to see you got your money back, and would be grateful if you could help us please.

Please email me on: outpostproperties@hotmail.com