American Spa Inc / Manhattan Distributor Spa Serve

michelle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone bought a Manhattan spar from American spa inc & had the same problem? The shell is peeling around the water line and all dials have gone white and cracked

Hello Michelle I ordered a a Manhatten spa from Spa Serve also trading as Trade Price Hot Tubs also trading as American Spa Inc. On another forum there are 25 complaints about this company. I am trying to get my money back because I ordered the spa in August and am still awaiting delivery. When did you get yours?

Margaret

• 8 months later...
Has anyone bought a Manhattan spar from American spa inc & had the same problem? The shell is peeling around the water line and all dials have gone white and cracked

Hello Michelle I ordered a a Manhatten spa from Spa Serve also trading as Trade Price Hot Tubs also trading as American Spa Inc. On another forum there are 25 complaints about this company. I am trying to get my money back because I ordered the spa in August and am still awaiting delivery. When did you get yours?

Margaret

Hi margaret I'm new to this site and wondered if you had received your spa from Spa Serve yet. I ordered mine in January 08 it finally arrived in May. Day after delivery had to call for an engineer to come and visit. It's now October and I'm still waiting. Would be interested to hear other people's experience's and the name of the other forum. Thanks

Hi Both

Can you tell me the website with the 25 complaints regarding, (Spa serve, Trade price hot tubs, American spa inc) on, Im currently in the process of taking these bunch of cowboys to court and would welcome any more information regarding these or this company. I paid in full 17 weeks ago and have been let down by there incompetence on many occasions, basically now i just want my money back. Im still waiting for my tub to be delivered.

Any information or sites would be very much welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Slater

• 3 weeks later...

Margaret

Hi, We to ordered a hot tub from Trade Price Group. Luckily we did get this delivered in April 2008 however there are many parts missing and damaged and it was not what they said it was. Since then the heater has broken and now it is not working at all. So we have a hot tub which has been paid for and not working!! Spa Serve are not interested and therefore more money has to be spent now to repair it. Something has to be done to close this company down!!!!! So we are 6 months on and nothing from them They are happy to take the money and run and have no dealings with you.

Michelle

Margaret

Hi, We to ordered a hot tub from Trade Price Group. Luckily we did get this delivered in April 2008 however there are many parts missing and damaged and it was not what they said it was. Since then the heater has broken and now it is not working at all. So we have a hot tub which has been paid for and not working!! Spa Serve are not interested and therefore more money has to be spent now to repair it. Something has to be done to close this company down!!!!! So we are 6 months on and nothing from them They are happy to take the money and run and have no dealings with you.

Michelle

Hi Michelle, We have had similar problems ordered spa in January turned up in May called engineer out next day to sort them out He finally arrived on 16 October after threatening legal action. Had to empty tub for fourth time, springs had rusted solid. He tried to dig the springs out with a screwdriver didn't have the right tool. Had to pay £75 for him to come out. He didn't have a replacement DVD player, we wrote and told them it was broken and to have one to hand. Also no cover lifter, we are still waiting for that bit of the order. As to the white cracking and blistering and the dials have gone white we were told this happens because we use the ozonator with to cover on. This was not in the instructions or in the verbal instructions given on installation. It's a load of rubbish anyway, we have had a tub before this one for seven years and this never happened. In fact it looked better at seven years than this one does after six months. Also the outer casing which we ordered and it turned up green and now gone a normal looking brown. We are very unhappy and would like to know if anyone would swap information with us so we can build a better case. You can private message me on this site quite securely. I know of at least two members who have contacted me direct. Good luck with your tub. Keep in touch

Hi Both

Can you tell me the website with the 25 complaints regarding, (Spa serve, Trade price hot tubs, American spa inc) on, Im currently in the process of taking these bunch of cowboys to court and would welcome any more information regarding these or this company. I paid in full 17 weeks ago and have been let down by there incompetence on many occasions, basically now i just want my money back. Im still waiting for my tub to be delivered.

Any information or sites would be very much welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Slater

if you email me at info@build-inc.co.uk I will give you my phone number

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

We purchased a San Francisco hot tub from TradePrice (SpaServe) in December 2007. They were quick to deliver and take the cash balance on delivery. We had paid a deposit on our Credit Card so I may report to them. Anyway the tub turned up in December minus Corner Steps, Cover Lifter, All Weather Cover and it was also not as advertised on the Trade Price website. It was advertised with a full lighting system, pop up speakers, which it didn't have. We chased for months, each time we spoke to a different operator who took a message for someone to call us, no one did.

We now have the same problem as yourselves blistering of the shell and dials turning white, also there is some brown staining around the jets.

We have taken photos and sent to SpaServe and the last I heard at the end of October was that either the General Manager or Sales Manager would be in touch to arrange for an assessor to visit. I have still heard nothing from them.

I am beginning to think I should not have purchased through the internet but brought directly from a retailer, at least there would be some come back. It seemed good value at the time, but obviously too good to be true.

Let's hope that by pulling together we can do something to prevent this happening to others in the future as all three companies still appear to be trading. Website Review Centre.com appear to be investigating as they have removed comments from their forum pending. I have managed to post to the Trade Price forum, however still pending investigation.

Hi All

We purchased a San Francisco hot tub from TradePrice (SpaServe) in December 2007. They were quick to deliver and take the cash balance on delivery. We had paid a deposit on our Credit Card so I may report to them. Anyway the tub turned up in December minus Corner Steps, Cover Lifter, All Weather Cover and it was also not as advertised on the Trade Price website. It was advertised with a full lighting system, pop up speakers, which it didn't have. We chased for months, each time we spoke to a different operator who took a message for someone to call us, no one did.

We now have the same problem as yourselves blistering of the shell and dials turning white, also there is some brown staining around the jets.

We have taken photos and sent to SpaServe and the last I heard at the end of October was that either the General Manager or Sales Manager would be in touch to arrange for an assessor to visit. I have still heard nothing from them.

I am beginning to think I should not have purchased through the internet but brought directly from a retailer, at least there would be some come back. It seemed good value at the time, but obviously too good to be true.

Let's hope that by pulling together we can do something to prevent this happening to others in the future as all three companies still appear to be trading. Website Review Centre.com appear to be investigating as they have removed comments from their forum pending. I have managed to post to the Trade Price forum, however still pending investigation.

Hi All

I paid one payment on my visa credit card Y (thank god) and after a long struggle with spa serve it was visa that refunded me, once the spa was a year old I was offered a replacement from spar serve under the warranty agreement, they wanted £1300.00 to remove the old spa and replace under the guarantee. I also got a call asking me if I would like it serviced. Ha ha, the tub was condemned and has long since gone! I can’t believe they are still getting away with it. I have kept my file should anyone like any details.

• 2 weeks later...
I paid one payment on my visa credit card Y (thank god) and after a long struggle with spa serve it was visa that refunded me, once the spa was a year old I was offered a replacement from spar serve under the warranty agreement, they wanted £1300.00 to remove the old spa and replace under the guarantee. I also got a call asking me if I would like it serviced. Ha ha, the tub was condemned and has long since gone! I can’t believe they are still getting away with it. I have kept my file should anyone like any details.

Hi Michelle

I have now received what appears to be the same letter as you, they are stating that the problem with the blistering etc is due to misuse of the ozonator. They have also offered as a 'goodwill gesture' to replace my hotub at a cost of £1395 to cover transport, shipping and installation costs. I don't think so.... I will now try to recoupe some monies through my credit card company. We all need to get together to take some action against this company to ensure this does not continue to happen. Can anyone let me know if they have taken this to the Watchdog programme... or been sucessful in taking the company to court.

Hi Michelle

I have now received what appears to be the same letter as you, they are stating that the problem with the blistering etc is due to misuse of the ozonator. They have also offered as a 'goodwill gesture' to replace my hotub at a cost of £1395 to cover transport, shipping and installation costs. I don't think so.... I will now try to recoupe some monies through my credit card company. We all need to get together to take some action against this company to ensure this does not continue to happen. Can anyone let me know if they have taken this to the Watchdog programme... or been sucessful in taking the company to court.

Hi Rita. I have a reply to this message^^^.

My wife and I also bought a Hot-tub from spa serve trading as trade price hot tubs this time last year and had it 'Installed' in May of this year. We are having exactly the same problems as yourself, and when I read your blog it was as if I had wrote it myself. I have contacted Watchdog twice now and think that if all the people on this site with this problem were to write to the program, we would have a Noticeable voice to get something done- the trading standards/consumer advice are a waste of time as they quote the law and give advice on how we can use it, but will not back us up when these companies ignore it.

I have contacted Michelle by e-mail as I could not work this blog site out without the help of my 12 year old daughter who is now helping me to write this.

I think as a whole we can get what is due to us if we collectively contact as many media groups as we possibly can. All i wanted was for the leak to be repaired from day one and the "free" accessories to be delivered. If this was done in May I would not have bothered with this company again, but now we think compensation is due for; The loss of interest on the money we paid this company for installation, and monies they have had whilst we have had to look at the empty, disused tub for over six months. All the best, Maz & Steve Goodwin.

I wish all of you luck in dealing with this issue. However, recovering money from VISA may be just as much a hastle. After following VISA guidelines for returning a product which was not as advertised, VISA refunded the money for 8 months, then without warning, reinstalled the charges and closed the file and would not reconcider on a purchase made for several thousand dollars. So we do not have the product or the money. I would never trust VISA for backing thier policys on consumer protection.

I wish all of you luck in dealing with this issue. However, recovering money from VISA may be just as much a hastle. After following VISA guidelines for returning a product which was not as advertised, VISA refunded the money for 8 months, then without warning, reinstalled the charges and closed the file and would not reconcider on a purchase made for several thousand dollars. So we do not have the product or the money. I would never trust VISA for backing thier policys on consumer protection.

Unfortunately my husband and I have had the misfortune of ordering a hot tub from a company called Trade Price Group who then sent us documentation in the name of Spa Serve and took our money under the name of HDI Enterprises. We paid our deposit of £500 on the 19th August 2008 by Debit Card. We were promised the tub in 6-8 weeks. We were asked for the balance of £4094.87 on the 2nd September 2008. We paid this by credit card. After a serious of alarming circumstances and the non arrival of our tub we cancelled our order. We managed to get our credit card payment back but have been unable as yet to get our deposit of £500 back. We have also written to Watchdog, Trading Standards, Consumer Direct, Office of Fair Trading, Our Solicitor, Mail Orders Trading Association, the BBC.co.uk/yournews, the Financial Ombudsman, and Ask Dominic plus many consumer desks at a list of news papers. The company Spa Serve/ Trade Price Group have chosen to ignore our request. My advice is to avoid this company at all costs. They are very helpful until they get your money, then all contact becomes incredibly difficult. I have read comments stating that anyone who buys a hot tub for such an inexpensive price only gets what the pay for. I do not think that £4594.87 is an inexpensive price for a plastic tub with a motor. You can buy a decent car for that. We all have rights.

Hi Michelle

Hi Rita. I have a reply to this message^^^.

My wife and I also bought a Hot-tub from spa serve trading as trade price hot tubs this time last year and had it 'Installed' in May of this year. We are having exactly the same problems as yourself, and when I read your blog it was as if I had wrote it myself. I have contacted Watchdog twice now and think that if all the people on this site with this problem were to write to the program, we would have a Noticeable voice to get something done- the trading standards/consumer advice are a waste of time as they quote the law and give advice on how we can use it, but will not back us up when these companies ignore it.

I have contacted Michelle by e-mail as I could not work this blog site out without the help of my 12 year old daughter who is now helping me to write this.

I think as a whole we can get what is due to us if we collectively contact as many media groups as we possibly can. All i wanted was for the leak to be repaired from day one and the "free" accessories to be delivered. If this was done in May I would not have bothered with this company again, but now we think compensation is due for; The loss of interest on the money we paid this company for installation, and monies they have had whilst we have had to look at the empty, disused tub for over six months. All the best, Maz & Steve Goodwin.

If you have a problem with the credit card company honoring their legal agreements you should telephone the Financial Ombudsman (UK) on 08450801800. Also check out Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. If you are outside the UK I am sure you have an equivalent legal advisory department in your country.

Check out

www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/pages38102.html they offer good advice.

Also I advise you to report any breech of contract by this company to Trading Standards contact:-

Mr. Mark Jurkiewicz, Investigations Officer, Staffordshire County Council

Trading Standards, 14 Martin Street, Stafford ST16 2LG

01785 277847.

Hope this helps. It is sad to see anyone getting rippped off.

i have just found this site and i have also bought a spa from these people and i am now wondering if i have done the right thing i have paid for the tub but it has not yet arrived but they said it will in mid december so i am wondering if this is something i should be worried about???? any suggestions and advice would be great as i am really worried now as this is my christmas present from my husband. thanks. :unsure:

Unfortunately my husband and I have had the misfortune of ordering a hot tub from a company called Trade Price Group who then sent us documentation in the name of Spa Serve and took our money under the name of HDI Enterprises. We paid our deposit of £500 on the 19th August 2008 by Debit Card. We were promised the tub in 6-8 weeks. We were asked for the balance of £4094.87 on the 2nd September 2008. We paid this by credit card. After a serious of alarming circumstances and the non arrival of our tub we cancelled our order. We managed to get our credit card payment back but have been unable as yet to get our deposit of £500 back. We have also written to Watchdog, Trading Standards, Consumer Direct, Office of Fair Trading, Our Solicitor, Mail Orders Trading Association, the BBC.co.uk/yournews, the Financial Ombudsman, and Ask Dominic plus many consumer desks at a list of news papers. The company Spa Serve/ Trade Price Group have chosen to ignore our request. My advice is to avoid this company at all costs. They are very helpful until they get your money, then all contact becomes incredibly difficult. I have read comments stating that anyone who buys a hot tub for such an inexpensive price only gets what the pay for. I do not think that £4594.87 is an inexpensive price for a plastic tub with a motor. You can buy a decent car for that. We all have rights.

you must get in touch with your bank for the £500 deposit made on your debit card the bank will perform a snatch back for you only if you have for example visa/ mastercard/switch etc your bank will get the ball rolling. if they say no speak to amanager or supervisor because you do have rights.

you must get in touch with your bank for the £500 deposit made on your debit card the bank will perform a snatch back for you only if you have for example visa/ mastercard/switch etc your bank will get the ball rolling. if they say no speak to amanager or supervisor because you do have rights.

i must also add that if the bank cannot help you then get back in touch with your credit card company because you have not had the goods the credit card company is liable for the whole of the purchase price under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974. send a letter to the credit card company stating you wish to claim your loss under this act. keep all receipts and bank statements you will need send a copy of these as proof. even if you paid for example £100 on credit card and the balance was a check they are still liable. the only let down is if anyone has paid in full buy check only. you will have to take the legal route on that course of payment. it just pays to use a credit card always for the peace of mind.google the act and check for yourself.that martin on gmtv has a site explaining this go read it!!!!!!! wish you luck it will get sorted

i must also add that if the bank cannot help you then get back in touch with your credit card company because you have not had the goods the credit card company is liable for the whole of the purchase price under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974. send a letter to the credit card company stating you wish to claim your loss under this act. keep all receipts and bank statements you will need send a copy of these as proof. even if you paid for example £100 on credit card and the balance was a check they are still liable. the only let down is if anyone has paid in full buy check only. you will have to take the legal route on that course of payment. it just pays to use a credit card always for the peace of mind.google the act and check for yourself.that martin on gmtv has a site explaining this go read it!!!!!!! wish you luck it will get sorted

We did write to our credit card company and quote Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. They returned our 2nd payment but refused to refund the initial deposit of £500 paid by direct debit. We then wrote to the Financial Ombudsman and lodged a complaint. On the 29th November 2008 we received a letter from our credit card company advising us that they had conducted an investigation into our complaint and that they are now satisfied we have the basis for a claim against HDI Enterprises. We have been advised that the credit card company will refund our deposit in full. The only coresspondance from Spa Serve was on the 31st October and they did not make any mention as to refunding our money. I guess we were lucky. I find it hard to believe that Spa Serve / Trade Price Group / HDI Enterprises can continue to operate with the level of customer service afforded to us.