Anyone Buy From Spastore.com? Looks Like Great Prices.

going2baja

Now that I've pulled the trigger on the spa I'm starting to search around for the other required items - Chen, booster seat, thermo, etc and I did a search on Baqua free shipping and spastore.com is what I found. Their prices are quite a bit better than the 'members only' prices the dealer is offering.

If anyone has had any dealings with this company would you please post a comment.

Thanks - Baja.

Now that I've pulled the trigger on the spa I'm starting to search around for the other required items - Chen, booster seat, thermo, etc and I did a search on Baqua free shipping and spastore.com is what I found. Their prices are quite a bit better than the 'members only' prices the dealer is offering.

If anyone has had any dealings with this company would you please post a comment.

Thanks - Baja.

I get my BaquaSpa products from Suntropics...pretty cheap I think and no shipping as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Ordered several filters on 1/1/08 from Spastore.com

As of today no order...called the store and was promised several callbacks...nothing.

My account was charged on the 1st, as of today (three weeks later), NOTHING

I have almost the identical story. Bought on 12/31, charged 1/2, and then nothing.

I've sent mails and never get a reply (which they claim to reply to everything within 24 hours). I've called 4 times and got a person 3 of the times. They seem nice enough on the phone, but they have always provided me incorrect info about when the package will arrive, and they avoid giving me the actual tracking number. Last week it was "will arive on Monday". Three days ago they said it was "out for delivery right now" to my house. Today it was "our computer is down, I'll email it to you in a bit", and then I got nothing.

What is odd is that I've done 4 large orders with them over the past 7 years and they have always been great to work with. So, I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and one more phone call before I file a complaint with my credit card to have the charge reveresd.

Chefget, I'd be curious to know if you ever find out anything about your order. I'll do the same with mine.

- Steve

Don't use BaquaSpa!!! It might work out for a little while, but you'll end up dumping your spa water a lot more than you need to. Plus, it's a lot more expensive than other products that work better. Personally, I recommend a two-part bromine system that you can get here .

I have to agree with poolyeti, Baqua works for a bit then issues. It also tends to cause repair issues after a few years if not maintained PERFECTLY. Dont want to go on vacation and miss a step! I would stop payment on your charge card also.

Don't use BaquaSpa!!! It might work out for a little while, but you'll end up dumping your spa water a lot more than you need to. Plus, it's a lot more expensive than other products that work better. Personally, I recommend a two-part bromine system that you can get here .

I have to agree with poolyeti, Baqua works for a bit then issues. It also tends to cause repair issues after a few years if not maintained PERFECTLY. Dont want to go on vacation and miss a step! I would stop payment on your charge card also.

Here we go again, people warning about BaquaSpa. I understand that many people eventually have problems with it, but let me emphasize...I have been using it for nearly two years now, and my water has been PERFECT. I read all over the place people having green water, getting itches, smelly water, etc. I've never had a problem. I putz with the chemicals once a week and the water is sparking. Now to be fair, our hot tub is indoors, mostly used only by my wife and myself, and we shower prior to use and go in naked. So, we're doing everything we can not to introduce contaminants. But I couldn't be happier with the water and we drain it every four or five months.

Here we go again, people warning about BaquaSpa. I understand that many people eventually have problems with it, but let me emphasize...I have been using it for nearly two years now, and my water has been PERFECT. I read all over the place people having green water, getting itches, smelly water, etc. I've never had a problem. I putz with the chemicals once a week and the water is sparking. Now to be fair, our hot tub is indoors, mostly used only by my wife and myself, and we shower prior to use and go in naked. So, we're doing everything we can not to introduce contaminants. But I couldn't be happier with the water and we drain it every four or five months.

Baqua won't give problems for the first two plus years but long term use will show the problems with water mold. I first heard of this from a Baqua user in a pool about five years ago. My dealer was a big fan of biguanides until recently and is now moving customers to other routines. They only recommend Baqua to those who have allergic reactions to bromine and chlorine. If you asked me three years ago, most spa owners I know were using Baqua and loving it. Today they are all using either bromine or chlorine.

• 1 month later...

So far from the Spastore.com :

I ordered two filter and chemicals. After several phone calls and emails I finally received the chemicals (after 6 weeks) but still have yet to receive the filters.

My next course of action is the BBB...judging from the attitude I received from calling them I'm not counting on getting either the filters or a refund.

Beware ordering from The Spastore.com !!

-Michael

• 10 months later...
So far from the Spastore.com :

I ordered two filter and chemicals. After several phone calls and emails I finally received the chemicals (after 6 weeks) but still have yet to receive the filters.

My next course of action is the BBB...judging from the attitude I received from calling them I'm not counting on getting either the filters or a refund.

Beware ordering from The Spastore.com !!

-Michael

Wished I would have found this site sooner :)

I ordered a circulation pump from SpaStore.com on 1-5-2009 and have gotten the same run around as others here have reported. I never received a UPS tracking # so I sent email that they did not respond to. I called the store and was told that it would be delivered the next day. He did not have the tracking # but said he would email it to me. Two days later I called to check once again and was then told that it was on the shipping dock in San Diego (point of origin). I asked for the Tracking # but was told he did not have it but would send it via Email.

I've not received the email as of today so I'm going to call Discover and see about disputing this payment. I will send email/with Copy to Discover that the order has be cancelled.

What's the best way to report these crooks or get the word out? BBB?

Thanks

What's the best way to report these crooks or get the word out? BBB?

Thanks

You just helped a lot of folks - thanks!

I usually check ResellerRatings.com on stores I haven't heard about, but I found that SpaStore was not a member so I don't know if you can enter a review but may be worth the try!

You also might be able to check on a store (or individual) by Googling "Judiciary Case Search" along with the state they're located. Many States give you access to all their records on-line these days.

If I don't hear good things from other folks about an on-line store and if the prices are really good then I would only deal using my credit card and often will just go with a known retailer. The hassle factor is often greater than the price difference!!

Hope the SpaStore comes thru with your order!!

• 2 months later...

Well, caulk me off as another that wishes I had checked this out more closely before ordering from SPASTORE.COM

I placed a rather large order ($700.00) for replacement HotSprings Parts over two weeks ago. No parts. Called them....got a recorder for several days. Left messages. Sent E-Mails - No response. Finally got someone to answer the phone, he claims the order is being returned by UPS because it's damaged. I told him I never received any part of the order to claim damaged upon receipt. He said he would call downstairs to have the order re-shipped. Still haven't received anything and can't get a shipping tracking number out of them.

Calling credit card company today to refute the charges and attempting to cancel the order. This is NOT a reliable source for your business. Spend the few extra dollars and find another source and save your self the frustration.

Although this is like locking the barn after the horse has been stolen, I checked BBB for SPASTORE.COM

They have a "F" rating.

BBB processed a total of 13 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 13 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 10 were closed in the last 12 months.

These complaints concerned:

2 regarding Customer Services Issues

6 regarding Delivery Issues

1 regarding Product Issues

2 regarding Refund Or Exchange Issues

1 regarding Selling Practices

1 regarding Service Issues

These complaints were closed as:

9 No Response

4 Resolved

Thanks - Baja.

I've used Hottubworks.com for several orders and have been very satisfied with the prices and service. If you purchase over $100 in stuff, they ship for free. That isn't a lot to spend if you buy less often and in large quantities. The last time I ordered from them the stuff arrived in less that a week!

John

• 1 month later...

ok people heres the scoop i used to work spastore.com

When you order a order sometimes the filters have to be special ordered from the main filter company they are the ones who send out the product and they supply a tracking # and we send out the rest of the order from our end which has a differnt tracking number.And yes the computers there suck they where always going down since the store and wharehouse are linked by a old router. Most of our orders got shipped out that day when we recieved the order. Due to UPS and their slowness the orders wouldnt make it out on the set day , or they reject a order due to the hazmat issues, so the order has to be resent , when i worked there tons of issues but we still sent out the orders , ive also seen it on days i would make the orders pack the orders and run up to th store and answer a call while 5 more calls where on hold becuase of being short handed. so like any online business theres always trouble . I aslo seen the damaged box return from UPS which was always a issue with them they really dont care about how they handle the boxes Ive got on the driver many times when he would load from our wharehouse . He would just toss and kick the boxes into his truck so god only knows what they do in the big loading wharehouse of UPS. well people thats what goes on at that store so you have a headsup. And i dont work there because it was part time and im a full time student .

• 11 years later...

Do not order from them. They hold your money and don't ship your parts. Then when you inquire about it they cancel your order altogether. Wasted over a week on parts they never shipped.  They only issued a refund after I showed them an attitude and assured them I don't go away or give up.