Any Advise On The Caldera Monarch Ozone System?

chevyrsss

Hi again. Was just doing some reading on my new Caldera Geneva. I read somewhere that some ozone systems need maintenance, like new bulbs every now and then or a new chip every now and then. Does anyone know if the Caldera ozone systems require any of these or any other type of maintenance? Also, I read in one of Chemgeeks posings that the best test kits are the Taylor 2006. Does anyone know if there are any retail places this can be purchased or do they only sell them on line? Or, should I just buy any old test kit from my local pool supply store? Thanks again! PS. My electrician is really P'ing me off. He keeps on canceling me, but, he assured me that he will be here tomorrow morning to connect my tub up. I hate just seeing it sit outside, all lonely with no water(or me) in it. ;)

Hi again. Was just doing some reading on my new Caldera Geneva. I read somewhere that some ozone systems need maintenance, like new bulbs every now and then or a new chip every now and then. Does anyone know if the Caldera ozone systems require any of these or any other type of maintenance? Also, I read in one of Chemgeeks posings that the best test kits are the Taylor 2006. Does anyone know if there are any retail places this can be purchased or do they only sell them on line? Or, should I just buy any old test kit from my local pool supply store? Thanks again! PS. My electrician is really P'ing me off. He keeps on canceling me, but, he assured me that he will be here tomorrow morning to connect my tub up. I hate just seeing it sit outside, all lonely with no water(or me) in it. ;)

Ask your dealer to be sure but that should be a CD ozonator (so no bulb) and there should be no chip to change.

Ask your dealer to be sure but that should be a CD ozonator (so no bulb) and there should be no chip to change.

Yes, I believe it is a CD Ozonator. Is there any type of maintenance with it?

It is made by Del, and is similar but not identical to the 'Freshwater III' system found in HotSpring tubs.

There is no required maintenance for the unit. It should last ten years, but YMMV.

B)

It is made by Del, and is similar but not identical to the 'Freshwater III' system found in HotSpring tubs.

There is no required maintenance for the unit. It should last ten years, but YMMV.

B)

Don't you need to flush out the system with vinegar once or twice per year?

Don't you need to flush out the system with vinegar once or twice per year?

Yes and no. I have some customers who have to do this, but they are the exception. Most of my customers never have to do this. I wish I knew exactly why some need to do this more often than others. I would assume it is due to calcium levels in the fill water, and subsequent pH/TA care, but I haven't been able to prove or disprove that. The injector on some of my customer's spas plugs up with a white substance that looks like calcium even though they protest that they are meticulous in their water balance, and there are no other signs of calcium buildup. The spa in my own backyard has never done it even once, and I have had around a dozen different tubs over the years, some were there for years.

If your system begins to produce fewer bubbles at the return fitting, first check that the spa filter doesn't simply need cleaning.

B)