Just Bought New 2008 Marquis

rel

This is my first post and I wanted to say that this forum was very useful in helping me pick out our new spa. My wife and I ended up purchasing a new 2008 Marquis Euphoria, delivery set for next week. We looked at Hot springs, Sundance, Caldera, and Jacuzzi and in the end the Marquis won our choice.

We got rid of our 2001 Catalina El Cortez, that came with our house, since both motor berrings were making noise and it seemed to cost a bundle on energy. It was not full foam, so this time I decided to look that way to, hopefully, cut our electric bill. Not sure if Catalina made a good thermally sealed system, but for us, it just didn't seem efficient.

The Sundance optima was our first choice overall, but for $2700 less and such a good warranty, the Marquis value won out in the end.

Here's what we got:

Maquis Euphoria Signature Package, almond pearl shell, mocha cabinet, durabase, built in headrest (new in 2008?), waterfall, ozone, constant clean (spa frog), duracover, and stainless steel jets.

Added Adagio Audio system with floating remote. (controls the Spa features also.)

Dealer threw in Covermate 2, start up kit with 1 year of spa frog chemicals (bromine and minerals), step, changing 4 jets to rotating jets, delivery and setup.

I have to say that Marquis really seems to be stepping up on their warranty. 10 year on shell leaks, 7 on shell and cabinet, 5 on equipment, 1 year on stereo, jets, etc, and even 3 years on the Duracover. All transferable to all owners and no trip charges.

I was also realy hesitant about the in line spa frog system due to bromine odor, but all the spas in the showroom were runing it and had very little to no odor. If anyone has any comments on the inline system, good or bad, I would love to hear them.

The Sundance sure is the best looking spa, Imo, but the Marquis is no slouch either.

Marquis does claim energy efficiency, but they do not use the circ pump. It would be interesting to know how other Marquis owners feel about their energy use.

Congratulations! That's an awesome tub! My wife and I are thinking about the Epic. It seems the Euphoria is the same, without a lounger. (Any Marquis dealers -- is that right?) Let us know how you like it, please post pics when up & running. And for me, please let me know how you like the bromine frog system.

Very nice. I didn't know the Euphoria was back? Didn't Marquis discontinue the model a couple of years ago? It was a good seller at the time. I also noticed that the Marquis site doesn't include the tri-zone demo for the Epic anymore. I wonder why they pulled it from the website?

• 5 weeks later...

I am considering an Epic, but the dealer is quite a distance away. My concerns about the Epic are depth of spa (at 35 inches deep, it may be shallow for me, as I am on the taller side. Are the seats particulalrly low on this model?) and also strength of jets (someone posted earlier that the jetsreams arwe not very strang and offer a very light touch). What has been your experience?

Also, you mentioned you bought the Marquis for 2,700 less than the sundance. How much did you pay for the spa?

On the Epic or Euphoria, does the spa timeout or shut off automatically every 15 minutes? If so, is there a way to defeat this? From the online manual:

Pump 1 and 2: Destiny and Epic

• High-speed run timeout: 15 minutes

• Low-speed run timeout: 15 minutes (if not in filter

cycle or SmartClean™)

I'm 5'11" and seats were plenty deep, plus there's one cooldown seat. Jet strength felt great. The non-lounger deep therapy seat was real strong. Too strong for my wife at full setting. The adirondack chair (lounge) was a little bit lighter, but felt good. The Marquis (Epic) is #1 in the running for our search.

I purchased a Marquis Envy about 6 months ago. My tub is running on 110/120. My electric bill went up about $7 a month. I expected about 5 times that much. I use it about 1/2 hour a day and I am very pleased with the low cost. I live in a cold climate as well.

I paid $7300 plus Tax delivered and set up here in Sacramento, CA. I paid cash, so that may have helped on price. As I posted earlier, I purchased the Marquis Euphoria 08 with signature package, Adagio Stereo with remote and mp3, and Duracover. Instead of Covermate 2, when I recieved delivery, they ended up sending the Covermate 3. Dealer threw in 1 year of spa frog chemicals and basic start up kit, step and replaced 4 jets with rotating jets. Only thing I was incorrect about was the transferablity of the warrany. Seems in 08 it is no longer transferable, but other aspects of the warranty have been improved (3 year cover warranty, 7 years on shell and siding, etc).

When I mentioned $2700 less, that was compared to our first choice of the Sundace Optima. Obviously, there are some differences between the two (Foot massagers, Ipod integration port, etc) but even stepping down to the Chelsea, the Marquis definitely provided the better bang for the buck at about $1700 cheaper. Most of all, we enjoy the spa and the water pressure except for the one set of jets that are designed to hit the calves. Those jets just don't seem to provide as much pressure.

• 2 weeks later...
I paid $7300 plus Tax delivered and set up here in Sacramento, CA. I paid cash, so that may have helped on price. As I posted earlier, I purchased the Marquis Euphoria 08 with signature package, Adagio Stereo with remote and mp3, and Duracover. Instead of Covermate 2, when I recieved delivery, they ended up sending the Covermate 3. Dealer threw in 1 year of spa frog chemicals and basic start up kit, step and replaced 4 jets with rotating jets.

Hmm - maybe I should be negotiating a bit more on my quote - I'm looking at an '07 Marquis Epic Signature series for $9,400. How the heck do you negotiate? I asked if there was any room to haggle, and he said no. I'd expect my price to be pretty reasonable, since I live in Oregon where they're made.

I do not notice a big differece with the spinning jets, imo. I have found that almost all the back jets are very comfortable and have only been disappointed with the two calf jets in one of the corner seats. Dealer really didn't seem to mind giving spinning jets. I only asked for four and he let me keep the originals also.

• 1 year later...
Hi we just bought a 2007 Epic for 3700 with steps cover, cover lift , cemicals delivery and set up. So sounds like it was a good deal. We are realy enjoying it. Thought we just hadn't figured out the timer systme is why it was timing out every 15 mins

Wow you got a steal. The jets time out after 15 mins.