Let Me Tell You About My Dealer!

mikesnowman

I just purchased our dream spa, A 2007 Sundance Maxxus from Central Iowa Pool and Spa. this was my first choice with a HS Vista being my second. Fortunatly I was able to work out a deal with Central so we got the Maxxus. It was delivered Tuesday. That evening after it was filled and somewhat hot the Salesman came over to train us. We were hoping to use it that night but it was not heating up all the way and was acting strangely. I called the dealer annd left a message the next Am early. I was called back a short time later and the service tech said he would be right over. He called me 2 hours later and said that a jumper was in the wrong postion and it was fine. So Wed night ready to tub...same thing. I called the dealer and chatted with a service person. It was 5 and he said the best they could do is come over first thing Friday. I was impressed by that because I figured because of the Thanksgiving holiday, it would be Monday. Thanksgiving morning the salesman called and asked if he could come by to look at it. I told him that it was a holiday and it was not expected or necessary. He showed up and a short time later the problem of a defective ozone generator was diagnosed. It is unplugged and the tub runs great now. The salesmen said he will get a replacement asap, and would call me in the next couple of days. WOW!

I am totally amazed by these guys. So here is the question. Aside from any great referalls and my dedication and a nice letter of thanks, How do you thank him further? :D

I just purchased our dream spa, A 2007 Sundance Maxxus from Central Iowa Pool and Spa. this was my first choice with a HS Vista being my second. Fortunatly I was able to work out a deal with Central so we got the Maxxus. It was delivered Tuesday. That evening after it was filled and somewhat hot the Salesman came over to train us. We were hoping to use it that night but it was not heating up all the way and was acting strangely. I called the dealer annd left a message the next Am early. I was called back a short time later and the service tech said he would be right over. He called me 2 hours later and said that a jumper was in the wrong postion and it was fine. So Wed night ready to tub...same thing. I called the dealer and chatted with a service person. It was 5 and he said the best they could do is come over first thing Friday. I was impressed by that because I figured because of the Thanksgiving holiday, it would be Monday. Thanksgiving morning the salesman called and asked if he could come by to look at it. I told him that it was a holiday and it was not expected or necessary. He showed up and a short time later the problem of a defective ozone generator was diagnosed. It is unplugged and the tub runs great now. The salesmen said he will get a replacement asap, and would call me in the next couple of days. WOW!

I am totally amazed by these guys. So here is the question. Aside from any great referalls and my dedication and a nice letter of thanks, How do you thank him further? :D

Exemplary service is expected when you pay a premium price from a premium dealer. Your letter of thanks will be all that's needed.

How do you thank him further? :D

You just did :D Great dealer :D Hows one of the best tubs made???

/quote]

Apparently the spa isn't that great if it had a issue right off the bat and to be honest the service techs had to make two calls to hopefully fix the first miss diagnosed problem that should have been dealt with before the spa was delivered? Do they wet test the spas?

Hopefully they got the kinks out and all is well:)

/quote]

Apparently the spa isn't that great if it had a issue right off the bat and to be honest the service techs had to make two calls to hopefully fix the first miss diagnosed problem that should have been dealt with before the spa was delivered? Do they wet test the spas?

I was a bit upset at first. The first call the tech set the jumper to the 50 amp position. It was on the 60. The problem we were having only was noticibloe at night when the back light is visable, and the heater was on after 96 degrees. So I can see how he missed the problem. The actual problem was a defective ozone generator. It is not a Sundance. I was told they use thie brand that failed because of the warranty being 2 years compared to Sundance's one on the ozonator. The tub now runs perfect and is wonderful. I am extremely impressed. The jets are suprisingly powerful. You actually have to force yourself against the seat on one station, or it will blast you out of it. There is enough room for the wife and I to relax, while the kids play about.

Regardless of what anyone may say, I think the effort to come out on Thanksgiving, was above and beyond. I will never forget that. Let alone he fixed the problem so we could enjoy it immediately.

:D

At least they had a dealer to call. you try that with that internet tub.

/quote]

Soaker, you are a piece of work. I think the dealer provided great service. How many problems have you had with your spa? Why do you constantly bash dealer backed spas? It sounds like you have buyers remorse with your Internet spa.

Soaker, you are a piece of work. I think the dealer provided great service. How many problems have you had with your spa? Why do you constantly bash dealer backed spas? It sounds like you have buyers remorse with your Internet spa.

His problems aren't a problem because he's handy. He will be a spa tech in a few yers as he gains experience. After 5-6 years when he disposes of his first and gets a new one he will be able to go e-bay and cut out Costco or Sams or whoever.

Oh and listen up Tyler here comes the "I saved 5-6 grand and got a spa just as good" speach.

PISSSSS China Spa's ;)

His problems aren't a problem because he's handy. He will be a spa tech in a few yers as he gains experience. After 5-6 years when he disposes of his first and gets a new one he will be able to go e-bay and cut out Costco or Sams or whoever.

Not one problem and yes it was 5 thousand less and no diff... here we go again. you will say lesser grade pumps, lesser grade shell yadda yadda yadda.......your mantra of high heat bills, eccesive repairs goes on. The one thing for sure here is you don't know but rather side with what you feel should be. Just like Chevy and ford did when it came to minivans and the Kia cleaned there clock at ten grand less....Check out road and track..motor trend ect to back that fact.......where are your facts?

You probably think American cars are better then kia in reguards to reliability as well ? Oh yeah, you forgot to add in your opinion :lol::lol:

Oh and listen up Tyler here comes the "I saved 5-6 grand and got a spa just as good" speach.

You probably think American cars are better then kia in reguards to reliability as well ? Oh yeah, you forgot to add in your opinion :lol::lol: [/color]

That would be a good argument if it weren't for the fact Hydro Spa is better compared as somewhere between a Yugo and a Kia with many I'm sure thinking its scewed more toward the Yugo end. The price was low but I'd say you spent less, I'm not sure you saved anything but then again, that's my opinion (based on 9 years in the industry).

You probably think American cars are better then kia in reguards to reliability as well ? Oh yeah, you forgot to add in your opinion :lol::lol: [/color]

That would be a good argument if it weren't for the fact Hydro Spa is better compared as somewhere between a Yugo and a Kia with many I'm sure thinking its scewed more toward the Yugo end. The price was low but I'd say you spent less, I'm not sure you saved anything but then again, that's my opinion (based on 9 years in the industry).

What I have saved so far is five thousand dollars that is in my bank accounf that wouldn't be there had I purchased a " dealer backed spa"! The monthly cost to run is insignificant and would take many many years to recoupe the alleged differance.

azed by these guys. So here is the question. Aside from any great referalls and my dedication and a nice letter of thanks, How do you thank him further? :D

Send this letter to them. Many dealers I've seen keep letters from happy customers on display, as a helpful reference for customers. They might appreciate hearing from you. I'm glad to hear things have worked out for you - that's great service!

azed by these guys. So here is the question. Aside from any great referalls and my dedication and a nice letter of thanks, How do you thank him further? :D

Send this letter to them. Many dealers I've seen keep letters from happy customers on display, as a helpful reference for customers. They might appreciate hearing from you. I'm glad to hear things have worked out for you - that's great service!

I will definitely send him a letter. It is kind of sad at reviewing this post, I see a lot of attempts to hijack it so folks can banter back and forth. I simply wanted to pat me dealer on the back. I sure as $%#@ did not want a cheap shot aimed at the brand of my spa or its reliability. I spent good money and did a lot of research into buying what my family wanted. From what I have seen in reviewing this site and others, all spas have a problem at any given point. That is where support is very important.

I will definitely send him a letter. It is kind of sad at reviewing this post, I see a lot of attempts to hijack it so folks can banter back and forth. I simply wanted to pat me dealer on the back. I sure as $%#@ did not want a cheap shot aimed at the brand of my spa or its reliability. I spent good money and did a lot of research into buying what my family wanted. From what I have seen in reviewing this site and others, all spas have a problem at any given point. That is where support is very important.

Hows the spa doing??

Well, IMO, your dealer did good by you and you've got a great spa there...one of the finest on the market...that will give you years of enjoyment. I am sure your dealer will appreciate (and remember) a letter of thanks.

Yes, your dealer did you right. I thought Soaker's comment about your spa was very rude. Welcome to spatopia. Take some photographs for us.

What I have saved so far is five thousand dollars that is in my bank accounf that wouldn't be there had I purchased a " dealer backed spa"! The monthly cost to run is insignificant and would take many many years to recoupe the alleged differance.

You keep telling us about this 5 grand. You musta had a bad dealer that was trying to con you. I can find a comparable tub to yours for about a grand more with dealer backing. And, I can find alot better tub for a few grand more. But hey your research was yours.

And yes I would rather have a Chevy than a Kia because the grand or 2 you save is not worth it in the long run. Go to your local Chevrolet lot and see how many couple year old Kia's get traded in. But you seem like a Kia guy to me. Tinny and cheaply built. No thanks.

You also seem to be forgeting to add that what you spew is your opinion also.

Lets do some math. A D1 with 2 pumps and a circ pump and 5 year warranty with dealer backing cost 8 grand and uses 20-30 bucks a month to operate here in Northern Minnesota. A Keys tub cost 4 grand and uses 40-60 bucks a month to operate. At 25 bucks a month savings in energy, Thats 300 bucks a year it would take 12 years for the D1 to be worth it in energy consumption alone right? But it won't matter because the Keys tub won't last that long and the D1 will last twice that in alot of cases. THIS OF COURSE IS JUST MY OPINION BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE.

I can quantify this experience if youd like. Please quantify yours. Your in Florida I think so the operating cost is minumal, your right. 10 bucks a month? You metered your spa right? Everything you say is based on your couple years experience with 1 tub. Yet anyone elses experience is dismissed.

Well that's certainly your opinion. I would expect that most people in your situation with that type spa would have spent less but would also spend about $20 to $50 more per month (or $250-$600 per year) to operate the spa and would get about 5 less years out of it. Now if someone looks at that and still prefers your route (a DIYer especially could make that argument by thinking they can service it himself) then that's fine. I'd say you spent just about what the spa is worth so I'm not saying you got taken, just that you chose a cheaper route up front.

Well that's certainly your opinion. I would expect that most people in your situation with that type spa would have spent less but would also spend about $20 to $50 more per month (or $250-$600 per year) to operate the spa and would get about 5 less years out of it. Now if someone looks at that and still prefers your route (a DIYer especially could make that argument by thinking they can service it himself) then that's fine. I'd say you spent just about what the spa is worth so I'm not saying you got taken, just that you chose a cheaper route up front.

Very well said. This reminds me of the "You Can Pay Me Now or Pay me Later" theory.