How Does Air Entrainment Work?

nzben

I just bought a spa and it's let me down quite a lot. The salesman said it gives a great massage and is very powerful, however it seems very mild to me. Unfortunatly I didn't wet test it before I bought it :( I tried a spa with a pump half the HP, but it seemed much more powerful. The extra pressure comes in when u turn the air tap on (which all of you probably know) What I want to know is, why does it feel more powerful when air is put in, and where is the air brought into the water flow? - At the jet? Before the pump? After the pump?

Am wondering if I could mod mine to do the same thing.

Thanks

Ben

I just bought a spa and it's let me down quite a lot. The salesman said it gives a great massage and is very powerful, however it seems very mild to me. Unfortunatly I didn't wet test it before I bought it :( I tried a spa with a pump half the HP, but it seemed much more powerful. The extra pressure comes in when u turn the air tap on (which all of you probably know) What I want to know is, why does it feel more powerful when air is put in, and where is the air brought into the water flow? - At the jet? Before the pump? After the pump?

Am wondering if I could mod mine to do the same thing.

Thanks

Ben

some people give the BHP and the HP. The HP will be about a half the power than the BHP. The air gives about 1.5hp more into the jet stream with most spa's with the blower except the thermospa. I know coleman has the blower within the stream and creates bubbles or more volume into the jets. I wouldn't bother moding but if you feel like you got a loss, cut it short and put it in the classifieds and go buy yourself something you can live with for a long time. How much did you pay for the spa?

A decent mixture of air through the water stream coming out of the jet allows for a larger epidermal/muscle surface to be covered. To me, the difference is a stronger massage covering a larger foundation. It helps to eliminate that irritating "itchy feel" and not feel as "pinpointed" of a massage. You may find yourself adjusting the jets regularly to tell the spa exactly what kind of massage you want that day/night.

I'm sorry you are feeling let down about your spa purchase. But you are not alone... many people have done the same thing.

See if you can talk to your salesperson about ways to adjust your existing spa to help it give you the performance you are looking for.

As for the technical part ... I'll have to speak with someone in manufacturing to know what order all the parts go. Good question.