Patio Heater

hep4186

Anyone have good luck with putting a propane patio heater next to your tub? My thought was that one of those would work well to warm the towel rack and dressing area. From my limited online research they appear to use a lot of propane so refilling tanks will be a monthly or more often task. We live in norther Utah so we get pretty cold in the winter.

Would appreciate any feedback on the subject.....Thanks!

It's funny you just posted this, I am looking for a patio heater too, and while flipping TV channels came across Home Shopping Network that was selling an 1500 watt electric indoor outdoor patio heater. I want to do a little bit of research on it, but at first glance, it looks pretty good!

Check it out!

http://home-solutions.hsn.com/soleus-1500-...77&ocm=sekw

Well, I went ahead and bought a patio heater. Got a Nextgrill propane unit at Costco for $286.00. We just tried it out. The air temperature is about 25 degrees. The unit sits next tot he coat tree we have next to the tub. It heats about a six foot diameter circle. Not only was it warm while toweling off, but our towels and robes were warm also. Definitely a nice addition to the spa experience.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Anyone have good luck with putting a propane patio heater next to your tub? My thought was that one of those would work well to warm the towel rack and dressing area. From my limited online research they appear to use a lot of propane so refilling tanks will be a monthly or more often task. We live in norther Utah so we get pretty cold in the winter.

Funny thing its in the Black Friday Sale at Lowes Home improvement for $99!!!!

I saw somewhere there is a towel and robe warmer that might work....it is electric though and would need to be in GFCI outlet and raised off deck to keep out of standing water. I usually just lay our towels over back of chairs near our fire pit table once it is going good so there is no smoke smell....upwind is best of breeze. So far so good unless we stay in over an hour and fire dies...LOL

• 10 years later...

Sorry for a bump...just my personal opinion...

I don't like propane because you never know when you're going to run out, and it's not good to keep the bottles in the garage. I use a radiant style torpedo (a lot quieter than a regular torpedo.) It's 70,000 BTU. I tun diesel thru it and keep the man door cracked. I don't notice any fumes. I use that to get things up to temp before switching on my electric heater. It heats my 24 X 32 up to about 80 from 40 in about 15 minutes. 

The propane unit you showed just heats the direct area where it's pointed at. Not a lot of circulation unless you buy a fan. So for the price of that unit, plus a fan, you could buy a radiant style torpedo for about the same money and have heat circulation plus more BTU's.

Kerosene house style patio heaters are good too https://patiotip.com/best-patio-heater  It will take it longer to heat up the area though.

And with all kero/diesel/propane heaters in garages, a 20-30$ CO sensor is a good investment.