Filter Too Small?

nzben

I'm looking at buying a coast islander, I like the pool, but the biggest issue I possibly see is the small paper filter (25sqft) alot of spas I've seen seem to have 50 or 100 sqft filters. I've never owned a spa before so don't really know what I'm on about - just after some opinions. The spa has 18 jets and a 3 hp pump - is 25sqft liable to block up frequently? Any other issues I should be aware of? Is the filter size worth worrying about?

Thanks

Ben

I'm looking at buying a coast islander, I like the pool, but the biggest issue I possibly see is the small paper filter (25sqft) alot of spas I've seen seem to have 50 or 100 sqft filters. I've never owned a spa before so don't really know what I'm on about - just after some opinions. The spa has 18 jets and a 3 hp pump - is 25sqft liable to block up frequently? Any other issues I should be aware of? Is the filter size worth worrying about?

Thanks

Ben

It depends on how many gallons the spa has and how many gallons per hour the pump will be running. With a 25 sq ft filter, you may have to rinse it more often. Seems like the pump is small enough. Just keep in mind that when you have a few people use the spa, you will have to "keep up" on the filter cleaning a bit more.

Thanks

Ben

I wouldn't worry too much about the size of the filter. Have you looked at any other hot tubs?