Hydro Spa Is Back!

The Spa God

Group: Members

Member No.: 12,965

For all wondering - After months of being under chapter 11, Hydro Spa is back and functioning again. So stop all the rumors about Infinity spas buying them out and Hydrospa closing their doors. They basically just had a change of ownership and even though they may not honor some of the old warranties they are still back in business to sell spas and parts. As of today, Monday 11/12/2007, the new official name of the company is Premium Leisure Products but will most likely use the name Hydro Spa for its name recognition. So you can still buy parts and get technical assistance for any of the older spas from them from them if needed, but the warranties may only be honored by the dealers.

So let me see if I understand this........... A company files bankruptcy, doesn't have to honor any of the warranties for products sold before the bankruptcy, comes out of bankruptcy, and is supposed to be trusted to take care of warranty work on any future products sold????

I don't know about you, but if I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on a new spa, I want a warranty I can count on to back it up.

As of today, Monday 11/12/2007, the new official name of the company is Premium Leisure Products but will most likely use the name Hydro Spa for its name recognition.

So people can resume giving them money and can get information on old product but those pesky warranties are still not worth a darn? Why would people trust them (plus, the product sure wasn’t top quality)?

I think I would CHANGE the name due to recognition, not keep it!!!!!!!!!

Nice, very spa friendly post, and such compassion for the people that lost their jobs recently. Guess, least it wasnt your brands of choice, no surprise seeing you three get your licks in before the body is cold...

Why dont we wait and see what happens. Hydro Spa has been purchased BY ANOTHER COMPANY, and by my sources is operating under a completely different business model. The people I have talked to state that the new parties involved are talking quality from word one, traditional dealer model, and direct feedback from customers, technicians, etc will be factored in design. Staying away from mass-merchant spas on purpose and focusing on QUALITY. Having purchased just the assets of Hydro Spa, im not sure why anyone would assume that they are required to honor anything from the past, but regardless they seem to be weighing each situation on a case by case basis even though they dont have to. Whether the peanut gallery here likes the old Hydro Spa or not, its hard to debate that this company has been around a very long time (near 25 years is it?), has a following, and a very large customer base, it may have been a very good purchase for a new company, especially with receivables out there like the Gulf Coast lawsuit.

Fact of the matter is, they arent legally obligated to honor anything prior to last Friday, and ARE legally obligated to warranty anything they sell moving forward. Not sure what anyone would have to fear as far as purchasing if they or the new dealer base are providing the dealer based service this very board usually touts as king. What I have to ask is, why the sad faces and bashing before this company has even had a chance? Scared or just childish?

Group: Members

Member No.: 12,965

For all wondering - After months of being under chapter 11, Hydro Spa is back and functioning again. So stop all the rumors about Infinity spas buying them out and Hydrospa closing their doors. They basically just had a change of ownership and even though they may not honor some of the old warranties they are still back in business to sell spas and parts. As of today, Monday 11/12/2007, the new official name of the company is Premium Leisure Products but will most likely use the name Hydro Spa for its name recognition. So you can still buy parts and get technical assistance for any of the older spas from them from them if needed, but the warranties may only be honored by the dealers.

When I called Costco, they assured me that the warranty on any tubs sold through them would be honored.

What I have to ask is, why the sad faces and bashing before this company has even had a chance? Scared or just childish?

Why? This is why:

For all wondering - After months of being under chapter 11, Hydro Spa is back and functioning again. So stop all the rumors about Infinity spas buying them out and Hydrospa closing their doors. They basically just had a change of ownership ...they are still back in business to sell spas and parts. ... So you can still buy parts and get technical assistance for any of the older spas from them from them if needed.

If you're right, and a new company simply purchased the old assets & is continuing forward under a new business model, then I won't bash. If Spa God is right and the "rumors" of Hydro Spa "closing its doors" are incorrect, & it's JUST a change of ownership, then I'm going to bash like crazy.

I wish all you Hydro Spa "insiders" would get your stories straight, so I can know whether & whom to bash. It would make things a lot easier.

I'm tempted to change the name of this thread to something like,

"A new company has entered the spa business."

After all, no matter who you listen to, it seems that this is not the old company - if it were, they would be interested in helping customers with warranty issues.

Now, a new company, coming into the industry when said industry is at the lowest point in several years.... we could talk about that.

B)

A few post back, (like as soon as I heard that Hydro was selling at Costco,) I stated that all the companies who have put their dealers up against Costco or any mass merchant have not done very well and most have been bought out or are gone. The list is getting longer. Jacuzzi was one of the first who lost hundreds of dealers. They got tired of trying to prove to consumers that their "store" Jacuzzi was better than the "mass merchant" Jacuzzi, because consumers just see the brand name. I think that any dealer who doesn't drop a manufacturer who sells at mass merchants is cutting their own businesses down. That is why I don't understand any dealer for any brand at Costco, or any mass merchant would stand for having a single model at Costco that mentions your brand. If you value your business, you would drop them like a hot potato and find another brand or another business to get into.

However, most of the consumers who got a Costco Hydro Spa saved about $3000 to $4000 for similar quality products from dealers. So, even if you have to replace the control system twice, and pay for it, you still made out better with no warranty at all. But many people who buy them really can't afford to own a spa, if that was the maximum they could afford to pay. Does that make sense? Those are the ones who have the most difficulty with spa ownership.

The cost for a warranty is built into the price of the spas and is based upon some sort of average number of issues under warranty. Dealers tend to "eat" a lot of the warranty costs in order to just take care of their customers. An average store has to have about $20,000 to $30,000 gross per month just to stay in business, and not to make profits until that "nut" is met. There is no way that Hydro could honor much warranty or any returns from Costco at those prices. It was a very poor management decision to sell at Costco, but I'll bet it sounded good at the time.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

They basically just had a change of ownership.... As of today, Monday 11/12/2007, the new official name of the company is Premium Leisure Products but will most likely use the name Hydro Spa for its name recognition.

Any word on who the purchaser is?

. It was a very poor management decision to sell at Costco, but I'll bet it sounded good at the time.

How can selling what you make at a loss sound good anytime during a deal??? I think they where in the red before costco and tried to use the mass selling as a cash cow but the bottom line fell out with alot of returns.

"How can selling what you make at a loss sound good anytime during a deal??? I think they where in the red before costco and tried to use the mass selling as a cash cow but the bottom line fell out with alot of returns."

Almost every online store did\does this for years. The business model for all early dot.coms was try to get as much market share as humanly possible and worry about the bottom line later. With all the venture capital floating around companies could take losses for years. It's the biggest reason for the doc.com burst 6 years ago. I should know I've been layed off from 7 or 8 dot.coms.

It was fairly recently that Amazon started turning a profit. A lot of them still aren't making any money.

For all wondering - After months of being under chapter 11, Hydro Spa is back and functioning again. So stop all the rumors about Infinity spas buying them out and Hydrospa closing their doors. They basically just had a change of ownership

Yup. apparently the brother of the previous owner bought it at the bankruptcy auction. Somewhere around 2.5 million, and his was the only bid.

"Yup. apparently the brother of the previous owner bought it at the bankruptcy auction. Somewhere around 2.5 million, and his was the only bid."

I don't think people will be lining up to buy hot tubs from the new company. I feel bad for all the people that are on their own for repairs. I hate that companies and people for that mater can go into bankruptcy and then they get to start over. Doesn't make sense to me.

How can selling what you make at a loss sound good anytime during a deal??? I think they where in the red before costco and tried to use the mass selling as a cash cow but the bottom line fell out with alot of returns.

There is an old joke from an old businessman I knew;

"We may not make any money on each sale, but we make up for it in volume."

HydroSpa was and still is owned by Brian Wiley. I believe his brothers are out of the mix now.

INFINITY BOUGHT HYDROSPA AND ALSO BOUGHT KEYS.

All HydroSpa's warranty in Washington State will be honered.

I had and still got the contract. It involves HydroSpa, Infinity & Keys.

Been buzy as can be for the last 4 weeks fixing hydropspa's.

Sorry but the lack of respect that hydro spa showed to their customer has totally destroyed any chance of ever have any ''second chance''. Be aware that future spa buyer will have ''no warranty'' againt another chapter 11 round !!!???

Has from the employees and workers that have probably lost their job....I feel for them, but Dr. Spa has the essence of the problem here it is not the customers who have put their hard hearn money but the management with theirs screwy plans and actions that screws customer and worker alike. Do not forget that $8000 cast is still a lot of money for a lot a people.

Last but not least, is it possible that buying a spa at Costco ''witch by the way honnored the warranty'' are doing so not only because it is a good deal but also it is a fair price for a first shot for someone who are not sure they will like having a spa or are not sure at their need and usage of it.

I was told that Infinity spas would honor the warranty and just recently that Hydrospa will in fact back my spa per the original warranty. You guys crack me up in the way you do anything to trash a well built spa that is affordable in any way you can. No one wants to talk about the big money dealers that simply ignore people as to warranty service like Beloved Cal Spas or Arctic spas not able to keep customers covered with support of techs or the Sundance spa and the microcrazing issues that seem to get ignored. But when Hydrospa goes under then reorganizes the rumors fly about people stranded and no support which is simply untrue but is heralded as truth and a reason to but a "great" expensive dealer spa at three times the price.

I was told that Infinity spas would honor the warranty and just recently that Hydrospa will in fact back my spa per the original warranty. You guys crack me up in the way you do anything to trash a well built spa that is affordable in any way you can. No one wants to talk about the big money dealers that simply ignore people as to warranty service like Beloved Cal Spas or Arctic spas not able to keep customers covered with support of techs or the Sundance spa and the microcrazing issues that seem to get ignored. But when Hydrospa goes under then reorganizes the rumors fly about people stranded and no support which is simply untrue but is heralded as truth and a reason to but a "great" expensive dealer spa at three times the price.

Why are all the cheaper tubs TP??? not full foam??