Converting A Hotsprings Sovereign - Need Your Input

I am the one who purchased a 2001 Hotsprings Sovereign Classic that was a 110V. I have an electrician who is doing the 220V conversion and running the wiring for me. Here's my question - I went to an authorized Hotsprings dealer and purchased the 20/30 split breaker subpanel. This may be a dumb question, but is this the box that goes about 10 feet from the hot tub? Or, is this a box that goes inside the hottub cabinet? My father has a hottub and I know that at the end of his conduit, there is a breaker box, and from there the hottub wiring is connected. Is this THAT box?

Is this subpanel that box, or is this something entirely different? I know wires need to be jumped (electrician is doing that), but I just want to know about this box. Thanks in advance!

THANKS!

Jackie

I am the one who purchased a 2001 Hotsprings Sovereign Classic that was a 110V. I have an electrician who is doing the 220V conversion and running the wiring for me. Here's my question - I went to an authorized Hotsprings dealer and purchased the 20/30 split breaker subpanel. This may be a dumb question, but is this the box that goes about 10 feet from the hot tub? Or, is this a box that goes inside the hottub cabinet? My father has a hottub and I know that at the end of his conduit, there is a breaker box, and from there the hottub wiring is connected. Is this THAT box?

Is this subpanel that box, or is this something entirely different? I know wires need to be jumped (electrician is doing that), but I just want to know about this box. Thanks in advance!

THANKS!

Jackie

Hi Jackie - We own a Hotspring Sovereign (altho an older model) and we have the box you're talking about 10 ft from the tub. I hope that helps :) happy spa-ing!

THANKS!

Jackie

The box you were given is a GFCI subpanel which has to be between 5 to 10 feet away from you Spa. You run your wiring from your main panel to this box then to your spa (in the front compartment of your spa will be a different box which is your contrl panel)

I hope this helps, good luck

down load a manual from the hotspring website, or look on the back of the IQ2000 control box cover, and there's a wiring diagram.

Subpanel is mounted no closer than 5ft and no further than 50ft, and within site of spa.

The 220v conversion involves removing the 110v cord and removing a couple jumpers in the same location as where the cord wires in.

It sounds silly, but remember to unplug the spa prior to performing this, or call you local hotspring dealer or electrician.. You'll love the spa. Good luck.

Thank you so much for all of your help! The electrician came today and said exactly what you all had to say. I appreciate everyone's responses! Thanks again - you have definitely helped me on this board - Now wait until I need help with chemicals and such - I am sure I will be back with many more questions! LOL

Jackie