Coleman 480

Just got back from the OC Fair where we saw a demo of the Coleman 480 - very large, lots of bells and whistles. The Coleman rep insisted this model sells for 14K but the "fair price" was 'only' $8500. I've searched on-line but cannot find any published prices for this unit nor any reviews of it.

Can anyone help? Is this a good price? Is this a good spa? What are other things we should be considering when buying our first spa?

Thank you!

Just got back from the OC Fair where we saw a demo of the Coleman 480 - very large, lots of bells and whistles. The Coleman rep insisted this model sells for 14K but the "fair price" was 'only' $8500. I've searched on-line but cannot find any published prices for this unit nor any reviews of it.

Can anyone help? Is this a good price? Is this a good spa? What are other things we should be considering when buying our first spa?

Thank you!

What does this spa have in it as options. If it has the stereo, cleanzone II, air massage, stainless steel jets, led lighting. That would be a good price. A normal 480 with plastic jets, no air massage or stereo, led, and cleanzone sell for around the 8500=+ range.

If you interested in all the bells and whistles look into it. Take your time and shop around the other Coleman spas and prices. The 470 is a little smaller. They also make the same spa with 1 lounge 481 and 2 lounge seats 482.

Coleman does make a good spa with a good warranty.

I wouldn't jump into this purchase just to get that price. Shop around and wet test some spas to see how comfortable they are and what jet placement you like.

The Coleman rep insisted this model sells for 14K but the "fair price" was 'only' $8500.

Could you see his hands at the time because his fingers must have been crossed? That $14k "MSRP "is as meaningless as the ads saying the Showtime Rotisserie grill sells for $200 normally but you can get it in the next 60 minutes for $79. I'm not knocking Coleman, they are a decent enough brand, I just can't believe this rep was trying to tell you that spa has ever sold for $14k.

Thank you!

I am also looking at a Coleman spa and the dealer here gave me a price sheet. For what its worth, the C480 Deluxe is base priced at $7299 and the Premium is $7899 US. Options are extra like Stereo, Ozonator, covermate, etc.

I know it is up to the dealer to set the prices, but this dealer has one C471 on the floor at $900 less than listed in this price sheet. Think you better steer clear of this dealer.. People need to make a living but.....

Wow! Thanks for the great feedback! The spa we saw at the fair was fully loaded, stereo system, disco lights, the works - but from the sounds of it, the 14K MSRP and $8,500 "special fair price" is still on the high side. Plus I "googled" the retailer associated with the display and saw nothing but terrible feedback so I think we need to do more homework. Other than this site, I've found it difficult to get good comparison pricing and ratings on spas.

Wow! Thanks for the great feedback! The spa we saw at the fair was fully loaded, stereo system, disco lights, the works - but from the sounds of it, the 14K MSRP and $8,500 "special fair price" is still on the high side. Plus I "googled" the retailer associated with the display and saw nothing but terrible feedback so I think we need to do more homework. Other than this site, I've found it difficult to get good comparison pricing and ratings on spas.

I was just quoted $7,500 for a Coleman 480 deluxe. No ozone, stereo or coverlift.

They have one on the floor with Ozone, After hours lighting, a cover lift and steps for $6,900. He says this model, like the brochure, has 43 jets and 2 waterfalls. The model I would get if I ordered would have 1 waterfall and 52 jets. I guess guess the current models don't match the current catalog.

Let us know what you do.

The Coleman rep insisted this model sells for 14K but the "fair price" was 'only' $8500.

Could you see his hands at the time because his fingers must have been crossed? That $14k "MSRP "is as meaningless as the ads saying the Showtime Rotisserie grill sells for $200 normally but you can get it in the next 60 minutes for $79. I'm not knocking Coleman, they are a decent enough brand, I just can't believe this rep was trying to tell you that spa has ever sold for $14k.

Heeeeeey. no fair. my mom loves her Showtime Rorisserere grill. She's had it for years and loves it. (and it does sell for $160.00 or so. Don't be diss'ing the Showtime. ^_^

Now if you want to trash my Bedazzler! that's another story.

Heeeeeey. no fair. my mom loves her Showtime Rorisserere grill. She's had it for years and loves it. (and it does sell for $160.00 or so. Don't be diss'ing the Showtime. ^_^

Now if you want to trash my Bedazzler! that's another story.

OHHH! have you tried to Bedazzle your spa cover? You could make a Tropical Beach scene on the one side so when you are in the tub it would be something to enjoy besides a bland cover. Although I would guess it would also destroy the cover. Maybe just Bedazzle a tarp to throw over the folded cover. That way you could change the theme with different Bedazzled designs. Just think how the lighting of the spa would bring that to life! :lol:

I was just quoted $7,500 for a Coleman 480 deluxe. No ozone, stereo or coverlift.

They have one on the floor with Ozone, After hours lighting, a cover lift and steps for $6,900. He says this model, like the brochure, has 43 jets and 2 waterfalls. The model I would get if I ordered would have 1 waterfall and 52 jets. I guess guess the current models don't match the current catalog.

Let us know what you do.

I put a deposit down on a Coleman 481 - with all the works....Ozonator, cover, steps, delivery, stereo...EVERYTHING....for $8500. Wonder now if thats a good price?? Unfortunately, the dealer is not getting delivery from Coleman and they're not getting me any answers. I wonder if the dealer is behind in payments? No idea but now they are trying to get me to purchase a Dynasty spa - they tell me it has better filtration and overall comparable to Coleman. I prefer to stay with the Coleman - here in NJ if someone knows another dealer I can purchase from - please contact me!

I put a deposit down on a Coleman 481 - with all the works....Ozonator, cover, steps, delivery, stereo...EVERYTHING....for $8500. Wonder now if thats a good price?? Unfortunately, the dealer is not getting delivery from Coleman and they're not getting me any answers. I wonder if the dealer is behind in payments? No idea but now they are trying to get me to purchase a Dynasty spa - they tell me it has better filtration and overall comparable to Coleman. I prefer to stay with the Coleman - here in NJ if someone knows another dealer I can purchase from - please contact me!

Coleman and Dynasty are probably fairly similar but I'd be more worried about why they aren't getting you a tub in a timely manner (its not like business is booming and they have more orders than they can fill). I too might wonder if this is a case where the dealer owes too much to the manufacturer and can't order from them so they want you to switch to their other product line. I'd be there in person asking tough questions to the owner and expecting them to look me in the eye when they answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Let us know what you do.

What part of NJ do you live in? There is a place in long island selling the Coleman Brand 22 years and they have gone to NJ by request.

Thank you!

What does this spa have in it as options. If it has the stereo, cleanzone II, air massage, stainless steel jets, led lighting. That would be a good price. A normal 480 with plastic jets, no air massage or stereo, led, and cleanzone sell for around the 8500=+ range.

If you interested in all the bells and whistles look into it. Take your time and shop around the other Coleman spas and prices. The 470 is a little smaller. They also make the same spa with 1 lounge 481 and 2 lounge seats 482.

Coleman does make a good spa with a good warranty.

I wouldn't jump into this purchase just to get that price. Shop around and wet test some spas to see how comfortable they are and what jet placement you like.

Stereo Costs Customer about $800

Cleanzone 2 w/ Ozone (99% of bacteria killed) EXCELLENT! = $650

Air Blower is part of a premium upgrade

After hour lights, Perimeter lights, Aux 2 control also part of premium = $600-700 spread.

SS Jets $300

Spa Costs $7500 Deluxe

Deliver & Setup

Warranty 5 years (killing most companies)

Lifetime frame

10 yr. shell structure (gimmick)

Take your pick of 1,2, or no lounges.

Never mind the new colemans have some sick designs, thicker shells and bigger and better pans. The tub tested great in efficiency and they are going green. Also all the dealers are forced to pay down there debt (great thing) and tighten the rains and think twice about giving S$$T away ;) for free. Coleman was bought out by a Huge Conglomerate and it wasn't ARTIC That price for the Coleman C480 series is GREAT. Coleman has some great plans ;) PIONEERS