(April 12, 2014) POOLSPAFORUM.COM SITE UPGRADE!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Portable Spa For Under $2000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Rub...

Dave Rub...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:29 AM

Hello. I have about $2000 to spend on a portable spa (small budget) and I have been doing some research, but I don't seem to be making much headway with regard to what portable spa would be best. I have looked at a variety of spas including instaspa, Freelflow CLX10, Softtub, etc. and some of the portable spas on the Walmart site and various other web sites. I have looked at hardshell vs. softshell, vs blow-up, etc. and I seem to be going in circles. These are my considerations:

1) I have a maximum of 72" (six feet) to work with. I have over 8" in the other direction. The spa will be placed on my existing porch. I will be using the spa year round and will heat it to 100 degrees.

2) A 15 amp 110V outlet is already in place and would prefer not to hook up 220V, but it is possible if needed.

3) I am not very concerned with the # of jets, and seating- a small number of jets and "open" seating should be OK. I am more concerned with durability and with the longivity of the spa and its parts.

4) I am not sure if softshell or hardshell is best, but I want to make sure I can move the spa ocassionaly without too much difficulty.

5) Digital controls would be nice.

6) My porch is made of red mahogoney, so it would be a bonus, if I could find something that was visually appealing or something that I could build a mahogoney surround for it.

7) I would prefer to to buy it locally as opposed to purchasing it through the Internet. I am located in Northern NJ (Morris County).

8) Primarily, my wife and I will be using it- however a 4 person unit would be best since I do have small kids who may use it in a few years when they are older.

I have seen so many different portable spas that my head is spining, any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Dave

#2 spatech (the unreal one)

spatech (the unreal one)

Spa Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(Dave Rub... @ Apr 17 2006, 09:29 AM) View Post

Hello. I have about $2000 to spend on a portable spa (small budget) and I have been doing some research, but I don't seem to be making much headway with regard to what portable spa would be best. I have looked at a variety of spas including instaspa, Freelflow CLX10, Softtub, etc. and some of the portable spas on the Walmart site and various other web sites. I have looked at hardshell vs. softshell, vs blow-up, etc. and I seem to be going in circles. These are my considerations:

If you are patient and a DIYer I think the best method is the look for a good used spa. Most used spas are junk but 10% of them are good.

#3 Guzz

Guzz

Spa Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(spatech (the unreal one) @ Apr 17 2006, 08:36 AM) View Post

If you are patient and a DIYer I think the best method is the look for a good used spa. Most used spas are junk but 10% of them are good.

I agree, a used spa is the way to go, buying new in that price range will not get you anything that will meet your wants & needs.

#4 sharkman009

sharkman009

Hot Tub Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:03 AM

And at your budget anything you buy you will not hold up very well. So I agree your best bet is to find a used spa. Make sure you do your homework though so you dont just end up with someone elses junk.

#5 thestallion

thestallion

Spa Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

You are to far away from being able to buy a new Nordic and they build a fairly decent spa at a real value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

website security