- Concrete bowl, fiberglass panel sides
- 20x40 oval shaped in ground. 3' shallow, 10' deep.
- Two jet returns fed from one line
- One working skimmer, one dead skimmer
- Bottom Drain
- DE Filter
The problem -
- Loses water all summer long.
- Each fall we drain down to first step and leave for summer. Last two years it self drained over a period of six years passed the walls exposing the first few inches of the bowl.
- If we pull from drain (and not skimmer) we lose A LOT less water.
- The returns are spitting out a fine, pale (tan) sandlike substance that collects near the spray pattern.
- Also, sizeable cracks and even some concrete missing in the shallow end of the bowl. Though the water stops draining before it gets to these.