Is There A Prefered Defoaming Agent? - Hot Tub Water Chemistry - Pool and Spa Forum

(July 17, 2014) POOLSPAFORUM.COM SITE UPGRADE!

Photo

Is There A Prefered Defoaming Agent?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpuKEN

cpuKEN

Spa Savant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

After 3 months of mostly the wife and I, we had some additional family in the tub the past few days and boy did that baby foam up!!
Thought I'd check here to see if there are a couple of defoaming agents that are recommended?
thanks
Ken

#2 RFD100

RFD100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

I always used Leisure Time de-foaming agent. When I have massive amounts of foam I usually double up on the enzymes. I use Natural Chemistry's Spa Perfect enzymes. I was think of switching to SeaKlear Enzyme and de-forming agent as well.

#3 Dr. Spa

Dr. Spa

Advanced Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

nudity works the best...seriously, most likely the foam was caused by residual detergent in the swim suits.

"defoaming agents" are only a temporary bandaid.
What the heck do I know, I only started in this industry in 1981, and retired from it after 33 years.
(from service tech to co-owner of Roberts Hot Tubs, manufacturer of traditional wooden hot tubs & spa covers)

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

If you can't sell it on ebay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

#4 spatech (the unreal one)

spatech (the unreal one)

Spa Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

nudity works the best...seriously, most likely the foam was caused by residual detergent in the swim suits.

"defoaming agents" are only a temporary bandaid.

The poster said they got foaming due to family coming over to use the spa and your soluton is Nudity? I'm not sure what mountain clan you came from Doc but I think I'll pass on getting nude in my hot tub when family stops by to use it with us!

#5 Dr. Spa

Dr. Spa

Advanced Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

You could be right.......for once
What the heck do I know, I only started in this industry in 1981, and retired from it after 33 years.
(from service tech to co-owner of Roberts Hot Tubs, manufacturer of traditional wooden hot tubs & spa covers)

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

If you can't sell it on ebay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

website security