Pool over top of house??? - All Swimming Pools Types - Pool and Spa Forum

(July 17, 2014) POOLSPAFORUM.COM SITE UPGRADE!

Pool over top of house???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Laura6598_*

Guest_Laura6598_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:23 PM

Is this true that they can put a fiberglass pool over the top of your house, with a crane, to install? We are land-locked on both sides by neighbors and I'm thinking that this is the only way to put in a fiberglass pool. Does this cost more? Are there only certain pool contractors that will do this? We are in the metro-Detroit area. Thanks for your responses!

#2 Guest_Jason_*

Guest_Jason_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:25 PM

My neighbor does pools and he just finished a job last week that needed a crane. I can get his business number for you if you like. Rockwood, Michigan

#3 Guest_Ro_*

Guest_Ro_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:27 PM

I've seen picture of that done before.... what an amazing visual that was!

So......yes it can be done!

#4 Dee/tx

Dee/tx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(Laura6598 @ Sep 25 2005, 10:23 PM) View Post

Is this true that they can put a fiberglass pool over the top of your house, with a crane, to install? We are land-locked on both sides by neighbors and I'm thinking that this is the only way to put in a fiberglass pool. Does this cost more? Are there only certain pool contractors that will do this? We are in the metro-Detroit area. Thanks for your responses!

[size=1][size=1][size=1]

We had our pool craned over our house. It was really fun to watch. I could post a picture if someone can tell me how. They craned it over the house and set it in the predug hole.

#5 Used and Abused in Michigan

Used and Abused in Michigan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:58 PM

Make sure you read my post to the board to see an individual you should absolutely NOT use to install your pool!

#6 midwestpoolsmichigan

midwestpoolsmichigan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:28 PM

We do it all the time. We do need to do a site inspection however to determine the proper size crane needed.

#7 Toni

Toni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:17 AM

Yes, but you need to consider how much space you have to set up the crane, the distance from that point to where you are putting the pool, and the weight of the pool when decinding what size crane you will need. All crane companies are aware of their cranes capabilities so have this information avaible when calling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

website security