(April 12, 2014) POOLSPAFORUM.COM SITE UPGRADE!

Photo

Noisy Backwash Valve

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hokus

Hokus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

I have noise coming from my hayward variflow backwash valve that sounds like air in the lines. I don't believe it's air because you can't see it in the pool. I have replaced everything except the pump and sand filter. Water pressured test all the suctions lines and no problem there. Pool is 12yrs old with hayward super II 1hp motor and hayward sand filter. I changed the sand also.
Could this be some kind of pump problem? I looked at the propeller and it looks ok. I just don't know what to do next..

Thanks for any help you can send this way

#2 ps558

ps558

Spa Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Hokus @ Aug 31 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have noise coming from my hayward variflow backwash valve that sounds like air in the lines. I don't believe it's air because you can't see it in the pool. I have replaced everything except the pump and sand filter. Water pressured test all the suctions lines and no problem there. Pool is 12yrs old with hayward super II 1hp motor and hayward sand filter. I changed the sand also.
Could this be some kind of pump problem? I looked at the propeller and it looks ok. I just don't know what to do next..

Did this start after you changed the sand?
Try Backwashing and rinse a little longer than normal. It could be a different grade of sand

#3 Hokus

Hokus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (ps558 @ Aug 31 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hokus @ Aug 31 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did this start after you changed the sand?
Try Backwashing and rinse a little longer than normal. It could be a different grade of sand

This has been doing this all summer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

website security