(April 12, 2014) POOLSPAFORUM.COM SITE UPGRADE!

Photo

Agp Installation And Tree Stumps

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 poolguy321

poolguy321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

Looking to install a 27' round Trevi pool that I just bought online. My yard has A LOT of trees and I just cleared a few to put up pool and get some sunlight. I now have 4 medium to large stumps in the diameter of where my pools will go. Tree guy told me to get the stumps pulled and not grinded. I was also told by someone else quoting a pool installation, that I can grind the stumps 18" deep and level ground with enough sand that the stump area won't effect my liner?

Any reccomendations? I want to do this economically, but don't want to cheap out and in a few years have to replace my liner. Won't too much sand, built up, throw the level of my pool off? Suggestion was to build a box around the pool with 4 x 4's to keep sand build up from shifting.

#2 jconall

jconall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (poolguy321 @ May 26 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking to install a 27' round Trevi pool that I just bought online. My yard has A LOT of trees and I just cleared a few to put up pool and get some sunlight. I now have 4 medium to large stumps in the diameter of where my pools will go. Tree guy told me to get the stumps pulled and not grinded. I was also told by someone else quoting a pool installation, that I can grind the stumps 18" deep and level ground with enough sand that the stump area won't effect my liner?

Any reccomendations? I want to do this economically, but don't want to cheap out and in a few years have to replace my liner. Won't too much sand, built up, throw the level of my pool off? Suggestion was to build a box around the pool with 4 x 4's to keep sand build up from shifting.

The problem with leaving a stump, or part of (grinding), is that it will eventually rot. This can create a sinkhole or settling problem under the structure on top of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

website security