Quiet Hot Tubs - Portable Hot Tubs & Spas - Pool and Spa Forum

(July 17, 2014) POOLSPAFORUM.COM SITE UPGRADE!

Photo
- - - - -

Quiet Hot Tubs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobm

bobm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

i was wondering what hot tubs would be the quietest to purchase,as noise would be a factor in me buying one over the other.

#2 spatech (the unreal one)

spatech (the unreal one)

Spa Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (bobm @ May 25 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was wondering what hot tubs would be the quietest to purchase,as noise would be a factor in me buying one over the other.

When the spa is open and the pumps are running they're all about the same I would imagine. If your question is relative to when the spa is not operating and is closed then the difference becomes in a spa that uses a circ pump ruining 24/7 which is not really even audible versus one that uses a 2-speed pump for filtering 6 hrs per say (or so) on low speed which creates a humming noise that is usually not an issue but can be if outside a bedroom or on a deck or in a few situations. Have the dealer show you what the spa sounds like while filtering, that will tell you about all you need to know.

#3 Stuart A

Stuart A

Hot Tub Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

I have also found that even when the cover is off and the pumps are running they are reasonably quiet. It is when air is introduced the noise is a lot more, probably due to the turbulance. I then just turn the stereo up biggrin.gif Also as Spatech says a 24 hour circ pump is so quiet you will not even notice it running.

#4 hottublady

hottublady

Hot Tub Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (bobm @ May 25 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definitly a Hot Springs
Proud owner of a Hot Springs Jetsetter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

website security