Test Strips And Reliability - Hot Tub Water Chemistry - Pool and Spa Forum

(July 17, 2014) POOLSPAFORUM.COM SITE UPGRADE!

Photo

Test Strips And Reliability

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lablover

lablover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:58 AM

Ok so I am really trying hard to maintain my ph and alk levels. I have several brands of test strips and even using 2 versions of same brand. I get different readings from all. Is there a reliable test strip out there or should I go another route? Help!!!

#2 ivieisme

ivieisme

Spa Savant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:10 AM

I'm having the same issue. Everyone says the Taylor test kit is the way to go. See the post below about a wal-mart version.

#3 fdegree

fdegree

Spa Savant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:48 AM

I am relatively new to all of this water chemistry too...only 4 months into it. I started with the test strips and found it rather difficult to see the difference between the various shades of the same color...especially the reds, when trying to read pH. So, based upon the recommendations found in this forum, I purchased the Taylor test kit and there is no doubt as to what the levels are. This kit does require a little more money and time to use, but it is worth it to me. This way I know exactly what is going on.

Simply read the instructions and use it a few times - you will quickly get use to it.

Those around here that are most knowledgable recommend:
Taylor K-2006 test kit if you are using Chlorine as your sanitizer
Taylor K-2106 test kit if you are using Bromine as your sanitizer

Each kit measures it's own associated sanitizer + Alk, pH, Calcium Hardness

#4 poolyeti

poolyeti

Spa Savant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:30 AM

I'm a pool service professional, and all we use are the taylor kits, especially the 2006. You can actually use the 2006 for bromine as well as chlorine. They are certainly the way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

website security