Marquis Reward Vs. Jazuzzi 355 Vs. Artesian Antigua

BabeFroman

Hello! We are buying our first hot tub and are considering three models: the Marquis Reward, the Artesian Antigua and the Jacuzzi 355.

So far we've wet tested the Artesian, and my 5'2 self could not stay put in the lounge. The salesman suggested I turn off some of the leg jets to fix it, which seems to defeat the purpose. Price is around $8,100 out the door with steps and a cover lift.

The Jacuzzi dealer doesn't have a lounge model filled to wet test (the two they have filled have regular seats), but the salesman doesn't think I'll have a problem in the lounger because of how deep the butt sits compared to how high the legs go. Price is around $8,200 out the door with steps and a cover lift.

The Reward is one of the dealer's last two Marquis models left. We haven't been to the dealer yet to see it (so not sure if we can wet test yet), but it's around $8,600 out the door with steps, no cover lift.

I'm worried about buying something with a lounge that we can't wet test in case I can't stay put in it. Anyone have these that can speak to this? Also open to other models that address this concern. Any thoughts on the pricing?

Thanks for your help!

I would also be worried about not being able to test the lounge. As far as overall quality I would rank them marquis, jacuzzi, artesian. That particular artesian has a 3 year warranty on the equipment whereas the jacuzzi and marquis are both 5 years. The marquis has more jets and hits more therapy points on your body. I would try both the reward and if you tell the jacuzzi Dealer you are serious there's no reason why he shouldn't fill it. That price on the reward is super low as I sell that particular tub for over 10k. Good luck in your search

The marquis has a fully sealed abs bottom. As far as the circ pump there are 2 ways to filter water high flow and low flow. A tub with the low flow system uses a circ pump. The circ pump is typically one of the first things to fail in a tub. High flow uses the single speed on pump #1 to filter. The marquis is completely adjustable to set the filter cycles for as little or as much as you require. Either way if done properly is really effective and I wouldn't let having a circ pump or not having one sell me on the tub. Jacuzzi makes a quality tub but the quality on the marquis is a little better in my opinion. The price you are getting on the j series tub is about what they go for but the price on that marquis is very good. The only way to figure out what you want is wet testing. Hopefully the marquis dealer is set up to let you try it out

Circ pump spas don't flow the water fast enough to skim it efficiently, plus you have to ask yourself, what is going to last longer, a small pump running at max capacity 24/7 (3,200 RPM X 525,600 Minutes in a year = 1,681,920,000 revolutions a year) or a large pump running 1/6th it's capacity part time?