2003 Sundance Altamar, Main Pump Died

I have a 2003 Sundance Altamar. Awhile back my blower stopped working, but I never used it, so just left that alone. However yesterday I tried to turn on the main pump (2 speed one) and the indicators light up on the display, but pump doesn't come on. I hear a low humming/buzzing instead.

Is the pump dead? If so, I know the part to replace it with (Jacuzzi 6500-261) but I'm also curious if I could just replace it with a 1 speed pump and save money. I never run it in low speed anyway, so having a single speed would be fine. That leads me to 2 questions....

1. Will it mess up the board in any way if I replace the 2 speed pump with a single speed one

2. The outlet is at a 45 degree angle on this pump. Does anyone know of a compatible pump that has a 45 degree outlet on it in a single speed?

Thanks for your help!

I found this pump which looks to be an exact match specs wise, if not a little better power wise. The site states 90 degree rotation, but with the way the screws line up I would think it should be able to be rotated 45 degrees?

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Gecko-06125000-1040-Aqua-Flo-Flo-Master-XP2-2-12-HP-230V-Dual-Speed-48-Frame-Side-Discharge-Pump/06125000-1040.htm

• 1 year later...

hello again,

So it turns out I was able to squeeze a little extra life out of the pump. I wasn't using it much but I found if i manually turned the drive shaft a few times then turned on the pump it would usually kick back on. The interesting thing though, is when I do that, it takes a few seconds then seems to blow a bunch of air out from the pipes. Usually I would get that after draining and refilling the spa, and then turning on the pumps for the first time. But now it does that every time. Could that be the source of the problem? and if so how do I stop the air from getting trapped in the lines?

If it's not, and it's just time to replace the pump (it is about 14 years old anyway, so it's had a good run), please see my questions above regarding an aftermarket pump and it's compatibility with the OEM pump. I'm also considering dropping down from a 2.5 HP to a 2 HP pump to soften the jets a bit more, and hopefully cut down on power and noise as well. Any reason I shouldn't do that?

Thanks for your help! :)

Based on the issues you're getting, I'd replace the pump and call it good. If that is the correct original Jacuz/SD part #, the manufacturer suggested replacement is 6500-092 and can be found at the website listed below for the same price as the pump you linked. The mounting bracket is not included but can be found online for around $30 or you can whip something up on the cheap if you're handy. Only replace it with a 2 speed unless you have a separate circulation pump.

https://spacare.com/Sundance_Jacuzzi48FrameLXPump_2.5HP230Volt2Speed48WUA2002CIISUN.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1JbPBRCrARIsAOKj2PkDke2lP9BRgvYVmPE7lDELFUh3Z7k92mxOr0yAewUg-myFfyV2Ue4aAnjsEALw_wcB