My Installer Made A Mistake. How Bad Is This?

So he installed my chlorine generator but the flow switch is directly downstream of a 90 degree elbow! The manual, which he obviously ignored, states, "Important - There must be at least 12 inches of straight pipe run before (upstream) the flow switch. Why is this directive important? How will it impact performance if I leave it as-is?

I don't want to make him buy a new part (the existing T is glued) and modify the plumbing if it's not really necessary.

Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not sure I can distinguish between the advice and the sarcasm here. You're saying that the 90 degree elbow will induce turbulance. This turbulance will do what - cause the flow switch to chatter and interrupt the continuous function of the generator which would be detrimental to the efficiciency of the system?

I wanted to add the salt and start up the SwimPure Plus as soon as my electrician does his work tomorrow. Can I start up as-is or must I get the installer back to correct the flow switch before?

I'm only asking as a concerned owner who bothered to read both the use and installation sections of the manual after my installer was done.

It's the installer's mistake. Have him get a new flow switch if needed and fix it. leaving it as it is can cause problems with your Hayward SWCG.. If you could post a photo of how it is currently plumbed perhaps I could make a suggestion. If there is enough pipe on either side of the current flow switch to cut out and glue into new pvc couples you might be able to reuse the current flow switch.