Sta-Rite Sr400Lp Problem - Wont Fire And Locks Out

JohnKow

Hi everyone!! I am new here and thought I would see if someone can help me with my problem.

I have a Sta-Rite SR400LP heater that wont fire. The blower starts up, runs, I hear the gas valve click and smell gas but no fire. No codes just service light comes on after three tries and the ignition board flashes lock out.

I checked the igniter and it works (pulled out and watched it glow).

I also had spare parts so I tried the following:

gas valve - no luck

ignition control - no luck

Stacked flue switch - no luck

It had a problem prior that it would cycle the heat and I replaced the thermostat/spring assembly.

It has a new thermister from last year.

I checked the wiring and it looked good - none chewed up.

I checked the air tubes and blew threw them to make sure no debris.

The air flow switch does close the contacts when I put a meter on it.

Could it be the control board under the membrane?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you are getting the "click" and the smell of gas, all the electronic safeties have been satisfied, So probably not board or fenwall ...

Igniter bad, but you said it glowed.

incorrect gas mix, either blower is failing (it will still come on and move enough air to close the switch, but not at the proper velocity to achieve the right air fuel mix). Unfortunately, you would need a tech to check the blower if you dont know what to look for, i.e. burnt windings, slight burnt smell from motor, overheating, etc.

Or your gas supply pressure is too low/ high for (the right) fuel mix.

If it had worked in the past, i doubt air in the line, unless the line had been opened recently, weather it was the heaters gas line, or work done to the service, like in the street, etc.

My bet would be the blower. But make sure before you purchase, they are a big ticket item to just be replacing to rule out.