Best Usa Hot Tub

SuperHotTubs

hi guys

im from the uk looking to import a USA hot tub to try them out.

i know this is an open ended question, but if i were to buy a hot tub from the USA, which would would you recommend?

were tying to narrow down which the best 1 or 2 hot tub brands in the USA are, based not just on large brand reputation but real reviews by real people about tubs

work for them.

the thought is if the tub is great, and real people think its a great tub (on here) we would look to create a longer term relationship with that company.

Mark Alexander SuperHotTubs (tech nerd)

Most of those brands are sold internationally. You should have no problem finding one that's a good fit, that will also meet the electrical requirements of your specific region. Have you wet-tested any spas?

Also, I'm not sure but just in case... Being in the UK, I think you'll need a spa made specifically for 50hz 240v. USA voltage in 60Hz. You can't just order a USA spa and ship it to the UK, the motor will run 17% slower, the internal current will rise 17%, the watts are reduced 17%, the mechanical cooling is less efficient (motors run too hot). The result is a higher current, slower motor that overheats, that deteriorates rapidly.

Most of those brands are sold internationally. You should have no problem finding one that's a good fit, that will also meet the electrical requirements of your specific region. Have you wet-tested any spas? Also, I'm not sure but just in case... Being in the UK, I think you'll need a spa made specifically for 50hz 240v. USA voltage in 60Hz. You can't just order a USA spa and ship it to the UK, the motor will run 17% slower, the internal current will rise 17%, the watts are reduced 17%, the mechanical cooling is less efficient (motors run too hot). The result is a higher current, slower motor that overheats, that deteriorates rapidly.

How did you determine he was in the UK? If that's the case, who's in your area? Google it.

Apart from the 50/60hz issue, There's another serious problem.

In order to legally connect a tub in the UK, the unit must have CE certification. Units made in North America, for the US/Canadian market, will be UL and CSA approved and most likely will not have the European CE rating. That rating would require swapping out all non CE compliant components. This is commonly done by the manufacturers when the units are being produced for non NA distributers. This is a very complex process and usually involves strict import/export distributer/dealer contracts. If you want to import tubs as a business, you may find that many existing importers have "Exclusive" rights.

Hi,

Im also in the UK.

We bought a Hot Spring tub earlier this year from an authorised dealer (to comply with the issues raised above re power and compliance), but also for the dealer support as this was our first hot tub.

Im glad we purchased locally and didnt import, as we have had multiple service visits for repeat faults and different service affecting issues. The dealer has been great in supporting the issues, but they are at our house almost every 4 weeks (we have 2 outstanding faults at present on the tub waiting on replacement parts from the USA). We are currently seeking a replacement tub - something not easily achieved if imported from the US.

HTH.