Spa Not Working

I have a Dynasty Spa I bought from someone so I dont know how old it is its a AP-1400 it is not digital, it has the temp knob u turn. I had it about 2 weeks worked fine other than a little leak untill about a week ago. I was in it got out it was working fine, my wife got in it about a hour later and nothing was working. I dont know if they are all the same this one has 3 buttons up top one for air, lights, and jets (2 speeds) all are vacuum system. it is a 220 hooked up to a 50 amp breaker it wasnt tripped. I used a tester i have and it has power to the contactor its a 2 pole i think is what they are called. it has power in one side but nothing coming from the other. I bought a new one and same thing is going on.my question is is it suppose to have power on both sides of this or where should i check for a problem. there is no power anywhere else in the box i have tryin reset button on side and also the high limit and neither can be pressed so i think they haevnt been tripped.

i have still been messing with this have a little more info i can bypass the contactor and hook the red and black wires together and everything works except the light, i have bought a new contactor didnt fix the prob could the heat limit reset or the gfci reset stop everything from working and it work again when the contactor is bypassed i can press the reset button on both and it doesnt affect or do anything

the fact that everything works excapt the light indicates the 12 volt transformer might be bad.... while most of the big contactors had 110v or 220v triggers some have 12 volt, read what are the specs of the contactor (relay)

also if the unit is left wired correctly and you manually activate the contactor (push plastic center with an insulated screwdriver) does it work?