Losing Water In A Strange Way

Teddy kgb

This is going to sound crazy but its true....

I have a below ground pool and a above ground attached spa which water falls into pool when the pump is running, if I let it run its cycle and turn the breaker of at the house panel then the spa will stay full for a week (or longer, I stopped after a week) if after it runs it cycle and shuts itself off and I do nothing, then by the next morning it will be only half full.

I would not have a problem with this but the water is lost into my pool which has a overflow so that water is lost and I'm stuck refilling my pool or risk burning up my pump.

I have installed 3 check valves ( I'm a plumber by trade) and that has not worked, I have also asked my last pool guy (my brother-in-law who is very mechanically inclined) and my new pool guy and neither has been able to figure it out.

Makes no sense I know but I have asked my wife to be a part of the testing procedure I've done just to make sure I wasn't crazy so she confirmed that if I turn off the breaker the spa stays full and if I don't the water drops...

Any ideas?