Pool Remodel With New Equipment

geojo898

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and thank all of you in advance for any inforamation you can give me.

We are beginning our pool remodel project and need some advice on some pool equipment. OUr pool is about 25 years old or so. Our pool builder is scheduled and we are ready to to go! We hope this will be a positive and fun experience.

We will be replacing all of our pool equipment and would like some recommendations on specs. Here is our info:

approx 24,000 gallon pool

will upgrade to 2 in pipe

Equipment to Skimmer about 80 Ft

Solar heating 30 ft with a 15 ft Rise

We are thinking about a Pentair DE Quad Filter 60, but unsure about a pump that could hand our specs. is 1 HP too little or 3 Hp too much? Also, would it be wise to get a controller to automate the Solar heating valves. What kind of system would it need?

Thank you!

Hi. Your best bet would be to talk to the experts at the various pool equipment manufacturers. They are more than willing to help you especially since you may be using their products for your pool. That's what I tell my customers at my website. I've gathered the tech support phone numbers of all the major manufacturers and posted it below:

Hayward Technical Support 1-908-355-7995

Jandy Technical Support 1-800-822-7933

Pentair/Sta-Rite Technical Support 1-800-831-7133

Polaris Technical Support 1-800-822-7933

Waterway Plastics Technical Support 1-805-981-0262

A.O. Smith/Centurion Pump Motors Technical Support 1-800-672-6495 or 1-937-667-2431

Intermatic Timers Technical Support 1-815-675-7000

Hope this helps.