Unexplained Leak And Constant Hl

Hi All,

I'm posting for help as I really want to get my hot tub back up and running (we took it down for the winter because I got a job out of town).

We bought our hot tub second hand two years ago. Didn't have any issues for the first year, however, at the end the second summer, we starting having unexplained leaking and an HL code that will NOT go away.

Each day we have to add water to the tub because the volume has significantly gone down. However, when taking off the panels, there is no evidence of leaking water anywhere to be found! It doesn't make sense!

Also, our HL code came on (I'm wondering if it might have been the result of a power outage tripping it?). We have tried resetting the GFCI several times, but it will never go away. The water is certainly not at a super high temp... it seems to be normal temp (or maybe a bit cooler than normal? I seem to think it's colder but my husband thinks it's normal hah)

I had a local technician come out, but it was extremely expensive and I didn't really get any answers. In order to check the seals and check the heater, he had to empty the tub, which then we couldn't check the leaking or whatnot because there was no water.

He recommended I get a new pump and a hair pin element but I'm not entirely sure this is the solution. I also could not find either of the parts needed on the website he provided (to avoid buying through the company at a MUCH higher price). I don't want to spend all that money on new parts without being sure.

Anyone have a similar situation that could help?