Resealing Hot Tub - Gasket Or No Gasket ?

BritannyJ

I recently bought a hot tub for my backyard and decided to reseal all the jets/drain as the previous owner used canadian tire bought silicon and didn't hold at all.

I have the tub on its side, insulation removed and cleaned up and access to all the hoses and whatnot.

I bought a new drain for the bottom which did not come with a rubber gasket.

i was also sold Corning Dow clear silicon to use to reseal everything.

My question is should i be using a gasket for each one as well as silicon or is the silicon alone good enough for a reliable connection ?

I now have all the jet removed. There are 5 of these connections covered by a plastic grill. It's pretty tight and didn't want to break it by too much force.

I'm guessing the silicon holding it isn't helping. I just want to verify if this screws out for removal ?

DSblM0fh.jpg

I'd have to see the back. Does it have a nut, or a body, on the rear? If it has a nut, it will not unscrew. If it has a body, it will unscrew.

Ack! Forgot to add yes i unscrewed it from the back (big plastic nut) but took it no further.

EDIT - I was able to push it through into the tub as it separated. Now to have pressure wash again to get all the excess silicon off. by hand it's taking forever.