Master Spa Ls800 Circ. Pump Not Turning On After Pr

So, I got this hottub from my parents. They retired and moved to florida during the winter months and during the summer they don't want to use a hottub. So, I took it off their hands. Its not ran in over a year. But my dad emptied out all the water and left all the unions off the pumps to ensure he fully drained the tub to his best ability. So, I got it placed, wired up and turned on. The circ pump kicked on and was working great...but as I started testing the pumps for leaks. I noticed pump 1 was leaking pretty good. So, I shut the tub off and find that the O-ring in the union was flat and not sealing off. So I got a new o-ring installed and it stopped leaking. So, I turn the tub back on and now after 4 minutes the PR goes off and I can hear a hum coming from the circ pump....but I can manually get the pump to turn over and it'll then take off. I started getting the HFL code which is low flow running through the heater. so I take the filter out and start over. I get the pump to manually take off, and I can look down the skimmer and I can see water being sucked down the hole. So, I do have some flow. So, now when I hear the heater kick on, while the pump is running, I can hear what sounds like water boiling and throws DR code and shuts down the tub. I found a new start/run capacitor at Grainger but it won't be in till tomorrow. I'm going to install the new capacitor tomorrow night in hopes that fixes the issue.

PS I am pretty sure I don't have an air lock in that line as I am seeing the water being pulled down the pipe from the filter. I have also opened the highest union on that pump and drained out some water in hopes of clearing some air. I'm just not sure how much water to release....I am not getting any air sounds. Any suggestions would be grateful, thank you!