Nordic Xl Continuous Filtration

PFamily

Installed our Nordic XL with Factory Balboa Ozone and we're up to 100 temperature. I have 3 questions:

1. The manual says we should see FC for "continuous filtration" but we only see F1-8. When the unit cycles down there is no water movement. I note in the manual a comment about a turn off for a 30 minute period during hot weather and we're at 82 in the sun today. But sees the same at night when we're at 45. How do we get CF or is something malfunctioning?

2. Once up to temperature are we best leaving it at Standard or Economy Mode?

3. There is on LED that is out. Will that be an easy job for the dealer to fix?

Beyond the questions, the tub is extremely comfortable including the cover lifter.

PFFamily

Installed our Nordic XL with Factory Balboa Ozone and we're up to 100 temperature. I have 3 questions:

1. The manual says we should see FC for "continuous filtration" but we only see F1-8. When the unit cycles down there is no water movement. I note in the manual a comment about a turn off for a 30 minute period during hot weather and we're at 82 in the sun today. But sees the same at night when we're at 45. How do we get CF or is something malfunctioning?

To set continuous filtration you need to set the time of hours to 12, hold down the light button until you see a number then up it to 12.

My nordic crown xl does not have an economy mode, did you get a 24 hr circulation pump?

Not sure what that involves, definately call your dealer and have them take care of it, and make sure you take advantage of there startup instructions or spa school if they offered it as part of your sale.

Good luck with your tub.

Beyond the questions, the tub is extremely comfortable including the cover lifter.

PFFamily

To set continuous filtration you need to set the time of hours to 12, hold down the light button until you see a number then up it to 12.

My nordic crown xl does not have an economy mode, did you get a 24 hr circulation pump?

Not sure what that involves, definately call your dealer and have them take care of it, and make sure you take advantage of there startup instructions or spa school if they offered it as part of your sale.

Good luck with your tub.

PFFamily

Thanks for reply. I have 4 buttons (Jets / Light / Cool / Warm).

My directions say press heat then light to set mode and it does show me 3 possible modes. I know I had to switch from economy to standard to heat the tub.

Pressing heat then jets, the directions say I can set filter cycles. My options in filter cycles on the pad offer F1..F8.

I tried pressing and holding the light button and I merely cycle through the lighting options, no matter how long I hold it. I do see in the directions that the cireculating pump with the ozone generator is supposed to run 24 hours. Thus I'm confused. I do notice however that in the Standard Mode, the unit periodically comes on to maintain heat, thus I guess filtering the water too?

One last question, the plastic drink holder floats off when too many people get in raising the level. Thoughts on how to best handle that welcome please...

PFamily

My directions say press heat then light to set mode and it does show me 3 possible modes. I know I had to switch from economy to standard to heat the tub.

Pressing heat then jets, the directions say I can set filter cycles. My options in filter cycles on the pad offer F1..F8.

I tried pressing and holding the light button and I merely cycle through the lighting options, no matter how long I hold it. I do see in the directions that the cireculating pump with the ozone generator is supposed to run 24 hours. Thus I'm confused. I do notice however that in the Standard Mode, the unit periodically comes on to maintain heat, thus I guess filtering the water too?

One last question, the plastic drink holder floats off when too many people get in raising the level. Thoughts on how to best handle that welcome please...

PFamily

I am not sure what you mean by pressing "heat", you must have a different controller than mine. Did you order the circulation pump with your tub? I do not have a standard/economy mode which leads me to believe your unit might not be equipped with a circ. pump. not sure, you should ask your dealer to go over the operation with you. I never see "F1,etc" on my control panel either which leads me to believe yours may be a different setup.

Do not use that skimmer cover as a drink holder unless maybe you have one person in the tub or you risk spilling a drink in the tub, they should just eliminate the drink cup indentations. They do however sell some shelves that you can mount on the outside of the bug which is a better way to rest a drink. With my setup i just use one of those outdoor furniture side tables on my deck adjacent to the nordic.

Dave

You dont like the drink holder on your crown?? If you have two people in it it will not work??

Thaks 104

Well, it works ok with two people but i just dont trust it, unless i am drinking water, one accident and i will be draining the tub. Too far away from my deep seat anyway. I like to keep my drink resting just outside the tub when not in use :)

Dave

You dont like the drink holder on your crown?? If you have two people in it it will not work??

Thaks 104

Well, it works ok with two people but i just dont trust it, unless i am drinking water, one accident and i will be draining the tub. Too far away from my deep seat anyway. I like to keep my drink resting just outside the tub when not in use :)

Thanks Dave

I was about to order one.we are the only ones who use the spa and i keep my drink there by the filter.

I will look into it before i order one.

Hows the family and the crown doing??

Good luck with your tub.

PFFamily

PFamily

Issue resolved. I was looking at single pump 50mhz and in the US it's 60mhz. So the manual is correct that my cirulating pump will run every 12 hours for as long as I set it from 1-8 hours. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can get a quieter pump installed allowing for the ozone to run continuously but not have the jets while in tub or hearing it outside my bedroom. Any ideas?

The great news - it's really a great tub. One LED was out and the Poughkeepise, NY dealer came to fix it in 24 hours!

And I am amazed by the lights. I just figured that if I merely turn them on they automatically switch colors - very nice affect.

Anyone have a solution to the tray leaving port when you get many people in tub? I"m thinking of trying a stainless hinge in lieu of the clips, same holes of course.

Happy tubbing to all.

PFamily

Yes, good to hear, dealer support on your purchase is great to have. I highly recommend you get the 24hr circulation pump. I have mine set to 12 [on 12/no rest/12 again (24)]so the tub filters and ozones 24/7 (unless the temp rises to much). Otherwise your main pump will do all the filtration. Good Luck and enjoy your new Nordic.

Dave

Thaks 104

Thanks Dave

I was about to order one.we are the only ones who use the spa and i keep my drink there by the filter.

Hard to believe i have had it more than a year already, getting ready for my favorite tubbing season. By the way how did your new cover work out?

Hard to believe i have had it more than a year already, getting ready for my favorite tubbing season. By the way how did your new cover work out?

New cover so far is great.I do belive its worth the extra.just make sure when you measure it you dont include the rise to the top.it adds an extra inch.

I think we are going on are 6th year with are crown.other then a defective heater at the begining it has been trouble free. it has been moved 5 times and still no problems.

Your correct about the cold coming :D bring it on :D:lol:

Yes, good to hear, dealer support on your purchase is great to have. I highly recommend you get the 24hr circulation pump. I have mine set to 12 [on 12/no rest/12 again (24)]so the tub filters and ozones 24/7 (unless the temp rises to much). Otherwise your main pump will do all the filtration. Good Luck and enjoy your new Nordic.

Dave,

Is the 24/7 pump available for after purchase?

Is it slow and quiet for calm while in the tub?

Last, is it simple to install or must I leave that to Nordic?

PFamily

Dave,

Is the 24/7 pump available for after purchase?

Is it slow and quiet for calm while in the tub?

Last, is it simple to install or must I leave that to Nordic?

PFamily

Check with your dealer, I am sure it is, i think there is probably a feed from the spa pack to connect it. Basically it runs during nonuse times, when your tub heater is on and during filtration cycles instead of your main pump. It does not run when you are in the tub, unless the temp drops and you do not have your main jet on. dave.

• 2 weeks later...
Dave

Thaks 104

Thanks Dave

I found a temporary solution to stop the drink holder from floating away. I took off the clip farthest from the skimmer opening and installed a stainless plate arm of about 2 inches screwing it to the holder as well. Awkward but you can lift it up and foward to get to the skimmer and the arm keeps it mostly in place from floating away.

PFamily

Dave

Thaks 104

Thanks Dave

I found a temporary solution to stop the drink holder from floating away. I took off the clip farthest from the skimmer opening and installed a stainless plate arm of about 2 inches screwing it to the holder as well. Awkward but you can lift it up and foward to get to the skimmer and the arm keeps it mostly in place from floating away.

PFamily

Sweet any pics???